MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

help needed wireing spot lights

help needed wireing spot lights - Forums [Biker Match] help needed wireing spot lights - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

help needed wireing spot lights

hi all - ive just bought 2 roadster spot lights - to mount either side of my headlight - there is no wireing diagram - so im asking if anyone knows how to wire these to the full beam of my headlight? there are 4 wires coming from the spot light - 1 thick black 1 thin black - 1 thin white and one white coated wire ( like the green earth on a plug ) also is it legal to wire these to my headlight full beam ? or should i be putting in another switch just for them? any help here would be great - or if anyone is local and fancys a run out to help me sort this - id owe ya one - i would say theres plenty of booze for ya - but with rideing out - i better say the kettles never empty - lol

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 09/01/2011 10:27  

Dont see any reson why thay would be the same as main beam assistors as for wiring best get the main beam surply wire checked so you dont over load it and fry your loom

Update Reply
JP @ 09/01/2011 10:33  

Are you able to wire them in via a relay?

Add another fuse to the fusebox and wire them in through this with the "switch" being the relay running off the main beam circuit.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/01/2011 10:41  

now thats way over my head and beyond my know how looks like i'll have to take it to a garage and get the pros to do it :-(

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 09/01/2011 10:53  

If in doubt Photographer, that's the answer. As JP suggests, electrical fires aren't fun!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/01/2011 11:04  

<!--6e052d28b1806771e2d163a041d4a5d4-->All I know is the ones on my Landy are wired up to the main beam and thats fine, and they are wired up through a relay. I only had two wires coming out of mine so do you have the type which has a side light in them as well as the spot.?

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 09/01/2011 11:42  

theres only 1 bulb in the light so i dont think it has a side light - just 1 spot 12v high quality halogen lamp - but i think isnt going to be 2 hard for me to sort - i will fix them on and then take it to someone that knows what there doing - but thanks for the help guys

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 09/01/2011 11:52  

try emailing practical sports bike mag ask the question to go to ferret he's the man apparently

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 09/01/2011 18:33  

You can get a Universal Fog Lamp/Spotlight Wiring Kit Inc Diagram from ebay cheap and loads of site on the web to help

Update Reply
Gsxskye @ 09/01/2011 20:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email