MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

what to take to a rally?

what to take to  a rally? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] what to take to  a rally? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

what to take to a rally?

better still, camp next to someone with a kettle

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 06/01/2011 23:29  

Last time i went to farmyard i came upon a couple shagging in a portaloo. It was disgusting! They didn't even say hello as i squeezed past 'em to have a dump! How ignorant is that!?

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 06/01/2011 23:35  

bin bag,tissues,facial wipes,large magnifying mirror,make up,hair wax,hairspray box of wine,plastic cups you know,essentials

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2011 00:09  

Kaz Being 1 step away from OCD when it comes to camping, needless to say I have a packing list and hyperlinks to bargains for just about any new stuff that you may need (I'm great fun at parties). I'll not foist it on you but if you want a copy pm me, and if you want a personal shopper I'm just up the road. Some of the local camp shops haven't brought out injunctions against me yet! x

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 07/01/2011 00:40  

just take as little as possible, it's a chill out in a field...

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 07/01/2011 00:43  

Either take Mr Ken or Sumo cos they bring everything :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 07/01/2011 09:33  

More Beer!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2011 13:33  

Kaz follow the link to see the tips previously posted. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=5640

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/01/2011 15:11  

Jackie ... Or Mr P :-)

We take everything when we camp even blankets and hotwater bottles ... I get to carry those as they are my comforts.

But for basic camp Ian carries
Tent, airbed, sleeping bag
Cooker, pans, kettle, Plastic cup, plate, knife, fork, spoon, coffee powdered milk, packets of easy make food incase get hungry and cannot be bothered to go to food area, water carrier,
Trousers 2 spare of each item of clothing, 1 very warm top and boots
Toothbrush, baby wipes, loo roll, deodorant, brush.
Wind up torch, fold up stool, something solid for your side stand.

I then also carry ... Extra blankets ... Mini hot water bottles... All my girly stuff .. 12volt straightners ... Solar rechargers ... Etc etc AKA esentials lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 08/01/2011 06:00  

Shell Lady if i had said Mr P he may have started talking about showers and stuff and i have only just finished counselling after the last time !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/01/2011 11:11  

Jackie ... me thinkst tho doth protest too much ...

You loved it really ... go on admit it ... you will feel a lot better once you do

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 09/01/2011 16:43  

simple just take ray mears or bear grylls as a pillion lol

Update Reply
redzed11 @ 09/01/2011 18:50  

I'd prefere a female zed

Update Reply
yamahama @ 09/01/2011 20:39  

I always end up taking too many clothes but this is what i take - 1 x tent(plus groundsheet) 1 x reflective mat 1 x sleeping bag 1 x sleeping mat(self inflating thick one) 1 x inflatable pillow 1 x petrol stove(can take fuel out of bike) 1 x small pan set(for making brews) tea making stuff/cup 3 x knickers 2 x jeans/combats 2 x t-shirts 2 x jumper/hoody 1 x boots wet wipes, toothbrush/toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrush, bandana(for bad hair days), wooly hat(for cold nights), paracetamol, loo roll(not a whole one, just as much as you think you might need), bin bag and as much cider as i can carry...fill up cider bottle (usually about 4ish when its empty)with water for morning/brews. And i always ride there with long johns on, and an old t-shirt, so i can sleep in them if it gets cold. HTH P.s thats for a 3 night rally, but i always pack the same for a 2 nighter too

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 09/01/2011 21:39  

I take an ipod speaker that's the size of a satsuma and cost about 14 quid. It's brilliant and my party carries on in my tent after the band has finished

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 10/01/2011 00:14  

Good idea Minnie, sounds daft but I always take a Daily Mail cos sometimes I can't get to sleep and reading knocks me out. But I might get more exciting this year and treat myself to some music...

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 10/01/2011 00:28  

X mini II mini speakers, £12.59 amazon
But the charge won't last long if you fall asleep & don't turn it off 6ypsy!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 10/01/2011 00:40  

It's Nitro70s birthday and seems timely to remind peeps to check panniers in contact with pipes....or you too could end up with with your insulated mug welded to your rally hat....hehe, although it did make a rather fetching and unique rally accessory :)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 10/01/2011 00:53  

Bugger! I'll have to take my mouth organ then, I'll soon get to sleep when somebody coshes me over the head lol! I'll have a look at them Minnie, ought to give up reading in the tent cos eyes are going, I just read your post as it's Nitro's 70th birthday, oops

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 10/01/2011 22:00  

I generally take stuff that gets lost on the way.... however, the essentials are: A tent (someone else will pro

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 11/01/2011 00:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email