MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

what to take to a rally?

what to take to  a rally? - Forums [Biker Match] what to take to  a rally? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

what to take to a rally?

right u hardened rally peeps ....gonna attempt the first one for me on a bike next month ...brrrrrrrrrr So what is a must to take?? solar powered electric blanket lol !??? Seriously what can I pack on the bike and in a ruck sack etc.... cheers x

Update Reply
kazninja @ 06/01/2011 19:28  

You will be surprised what you can fit on so give it a go and if you can get on it still,, go for it.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 06/01/2011 19:30  

Beer, Beer, Beer, Vodka, Beer, Sense of Humour, Beer and toilet paper

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2011 19:45  

Err......... a tent?

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 06/01/2011 19:50  

as a pillion for a 3 day rally I take clean knickers, 2 T-shirts, spare jeans ( to get out of textiles into ) comfy boots, baby wipes, toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, my fave hoodie ( in case it gets chilly ) sweatshirt, ( tent and sleeping bag is usually already packed on bike ) my purse and my fully charged camera

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 06/01/2011 19:56  

apple crumble and custard if you're going anywhere that Bill might be!

Update Reply
JP @ 06/01/2011 20:00  

Chocolate, sweets, baby wipes, loo roll, hair tie, knife/scissors, bin bag and condoms just in case!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2011 20:02  

And no, the bin bag and condoms are not to be used on the ugly ones!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2011 20:03  

Drugs, don't forget the drugs. By that i mean the paracetamol, rennies, immodium etc. They don't take up any room and they can rescue your weekend if you have any bad effects from all the beer and lard burgers. Oh and some drinking water for early morning.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 06/01/2011 20:12  

always get some water on way back to tent at stupid o'clock

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 06/01/2011 20:13  

must have an airbed of decent thickness....mine has integrated pump x

Update Reply
violetinferno @ 06/01/2011 20:16  

Somewhere (last year) there was a thread about what to take, have a look back Failing that get to know someone who takes a car and get them to carry it for you

Update Reply
Timeout @ 06/01/2011 20:19  

If it's a hot summer one i usually freeze a few small water bottles before i go and keep 'em among the beer.
2 jobs in 1 - beer chiller then drinking water once it's thawed. (can't see you needing that tip yet though, lol) Don't forget something to put under your sidestand

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 06/01/2011 20:21  

torch so you don't trip over all those guy ropes on the stagger back to your tent

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/01/2011 20:28  

More beer!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2011 20:29  

yeah got a little wind up torch it's brill

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 06/01/2011 20:33  

I'm assuming that this is a uk based question for more than two days away Learn to pack by rolling stuff up fill the space inside shoes and under the seat on the bike use minatures for shampoo etc if in a group decide who takes what and don't duplicate items use technical fabric clothing where possible if you are camping take a length of line and some pegs and a sachet of travel wash employ the three items principle one on one off and one in the wash for undergarments at least also maybe take an empty ruck sack or leave some spare carrying capacity just in case Try to imagine what would you would do if you had to strike camp in the pouring rain Take spare cash in case the plastic isn't welcome Finally for now don't forget a sense of humour BT

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 06/01/2011 20:37  

rally in february. take an air bed and a thich sleeping bag or a man to keep you warm

Update Reply
yamahama @ 06/01/2011 22:04  

what about the stove, kettle and tea bags etc for the moring after I need at least 3 cups of tea before leaving the tent ha ha ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2011 23:19  

What ?? They have MORNINGS at rallies? What will they think of next?

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 06/01/2011 23:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email