MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Price of Fuel

Price of Fuel - Forums [Biker Match] Price of Fuel - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Price of Fuel

Filled up yesterday, first time since late November. Got the shock of my life.....on my trip I usually wait until I hit around the 130 mile mark which usually costs me around £15/£16. It cost me just under £20 .
WTF???!!!

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 03/01/2011 21:40  

yep. we're paying for BP's clean up operation.

Update Reply
Nicholls @ 03/01/2011 22:52  

its not just bp is it

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 03/01/2011 23:15  

Don't worry, once the tories honour their election pledge of fuel duty stabilisation the price will plummet! Sick of them bloody pigs flying past

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 03/01/2011 23:23  

Oh look, another squadron just flew over here aswell, fuel duty stabilisation eh,probably when the price reaches something like a nice round figure of 1.40.......ish

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 04/01/2011 00:22  

It's probably to do with the VAT increase, read on... The top rate of VAT, the British goods and services tax, has risen from 17.5% to its highest level of 20%, as the government looks to increase tax revenues in order to reduce debt. Business groups have warned that retailers will be hit by the increase, while opponents of the rise say the poorest people will be hit hardest. The government says the rise is necessary to help bring down the country's high budget deficit. The rise of VAT is also a worry for the Bank of England. At 3.3%, the annual rise in the consumer price index is already well above the bank's target of 2%, and analysts say the higher VAT rate is likely to push inflation towards 4% this year. *Food, children's clothing, newspapers and magazines are not subject to VAT.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>*Thank feck for that!</o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>Link to VAT topic </o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p>http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=7082 </o:p> <o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2011 09:27  

Yes but dont forget it has to be delivered by truck costing more in fuel so ALL prices will go up

Update Reply
JP @ 04/01/2011 09:35  

oh aye, so it will oh poop! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/01/2011 09:36  

It wouldnt bother me quite so much if the government were going to lead by example and take huge wage cuts to help ease the 'burden'on the taxpayer,along with all their other 'perks',how often does Osbourne dig deep to fuel up his jag or whatever it is he gets driven around in,dont forget these people aint exactely skint to start off with,or like some getting by on less than say 15k or a lot less,thats it now were screwed,my employer aint gonna award me a decent payrise to cope with rising costs to get to work and I need my own transport to work very anti social hrs.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 04/01/2011 10:50  

bike is fine - land rover costs nearly £80 to fill up .......eeeek !!! bring on that good weather lol says my chq bk !!!!!!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 04/01/2011 18:37  

I'm with Kaz, I had a Nissan Nivara and it had to go just to expensive to run - the bike is used as much as possible from spring or when the weather isn't slippy. There was almighty fuss when the prices reach £1 a while ago, we just seem to accept these crazy prices now. Girvan in Ayrshire was 126.9 litre for unleaded at the beginning of the week -

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 04/01/2011 18:54  

We'll all have to use less, that'll bring the prices down. Market forces

Update Reply
yamahama @ 04/01/2011 18:57  

126.9 here too Kat ... got the shock of my life when the petrol cost hit £50 for me to fuel up!!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 04/01/2011 20:13  

£1.30 at the local Tesco's in Ashby!!!!

Well for diesel anyway

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2011 21:02  

£1:32 diesel and £1:28 petrol.

Just waiting for the first tanker to get hijacked now.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 04/01/2011 21:08  

And my diesel mileage allowance hasn't gone up!!

Our company follow the tax man's rates, they put up the cost of the petrol but not the diesel, I'm getting 2p per mile less than when it was 1.30 odd two years ago

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2011 21:19  

Shite that.

Its not worth owning a diesel anymore IMO. I'm going to be getting a 4X4 in the summer and will most likley do a gas conversion, either that or run it on chip oil .

With the way things are going fuel will be hovering around the £1:50 mark come next Christmas.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 04/01/2011 21:35  

Company car ............ but the way they are stretching the difference between petrol and diesel it might be worth going for a petrol in July as I do about 28k per year

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2011 21:38  

Thats the way I'm thinking too. The +s for diesels are fast diminishing .
I have a mate with a Mustang and hes converted to gas and hes now getting more Miles than I'm getting out of my TDi......Hmm time for a change, sooner the better.

Lol, can you imagine if the Frencj govt put up prices like they do here, more burning sheep

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 04/01/2011 21:47  

Surely it will just be a matter of time before people hit the streets in protest. We are getting shfted on fuel as it is, most of the cost is duty. It makes me sick to think how much we're being ripped off.

Update Reply
Hellraiser @ 04/01/2011 22:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email