MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Age gap, does it work?

Age gap, does it work? - Forums [Biker Match] Age gap, does it work? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Age gap, does it work?

lets have your say,my mates 53 ,she is 34 when they met it was fine

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2011 20:44  

My Grandma was 84 when she passed 2 years ago ... her partner (but not my grandfather) was 62 & they had been together for 40 years, never married & but that never stopped them.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/01/2011 20:56  

age is but a number, if it works, and their happy then it's all good in my book

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 02/01/2011 21:09  

53, 34 - they're grown-ups who can make their own decisions.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/01/2011 21:26  

it works just the same as no age gap. what is the defenition of "works" these days ? if they break up after 10 years everyone will say - see - told ya it wouldnt work :) meanwhile everyone the same age will have had shorter relationships without being noticed. if it makes people happy even for a short while go for it

Update Reply
dunans @ 02/01/2011 21:30  

I met my (ex) husband when I was 17 and he was 33. Any problems we had were nothing to do with any age gap, it didn't feel like there was one. He was 60 last month, and unfortunately for me I now look more his age than he does. So from the other side of the coin, if that's what having a younger bit of stuff does for you tell your mate to lap it up... As long as they're happy what does age matter?

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 02/01/2011 21:47  

In my experience it does matter, but then i dont have much to go on. Depends on a lot of things i suppose...

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 02/01/2011 22:49  

My experience is that age is irrelevant. If it works go for it! Life's too short

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 02/01/2011 23:45  

Doesn't matter.... so all you significantly younger guys, stop trying to resist me cos you think you won't stand a chance and double

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 03/01/2011 00:00  

Any fit 25 year olds want to take part in an experiment with me ? We can post our findings on this thread in a couple of years..... if i'm still alive.... (purely for scientific purposes of course)

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 03/01/2011 02:04  

Yeah of course it works, normally its people that ask this question that have an issue though (in my limited experience). So errrr greenman, do you have anything you wish to discuss?

An Suzyamki, I wouldnt resist. I might scream a little but I certainly wouldnt resist.

Update Reply
coster83 @ 03/01/2011 02:27  

I prefer a man that knows what he's doing.....but am willing to be proved wrong!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 03/01/2011 03:32  

your as old as the woman you feel!! I'm of the opinion age differential matters less as you age!! does that make sense ?? most of my relationships have been with younger women, "fate not planned" I'd like to say it works, but I'm on my own again!! each person and circumstance is unique, so my motto still is, if you believe in the person go for it!! life's too short to not at least give it a try!!

Update Reply
ianrobbo @ 03/01/2011 07:30  

had partners much older and much younger and also same age .... although not all at the same time lol age was never the issue - it is the relationship that matters

Update Reply
kooky @ 03/01/2011 10:44  

Age difference does not matter unless you make it matter. Nothing has meaning except for the meaning you give it. Stereotyping men or women by age is as ridiculous as stereotyping by hair colour or shoe size. if you want to be truly happy then drop all your baggage and be interested in people for who they really are.

Update Reply
Roxie 1963 @ 03/01/2011 11:04  

As long as they are both over the legal age of consent and not cradle snatching, it shouldn't matter to anyone.

Update Reply
Smarty_UK @ 03/01/2011 11:15  

Age is only a number, what matters is how you feel about each other

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 03/01/2011 13:01  

if age doesnt matter then why do young men want older women and older men want younger women - but - young women want older men and older women want younger men. no wonder there so many singles out there - maybe easyer to stay single and just have good friends with perks :-)

Update Reply
PHOTOGRAPHER1 @ 03/01/2011 13:44  

Theres an age gap of 12 years between me and Mr Ken doesnt seem to be a problem :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/01/2011 14:01  

It works until it doesn't work. Then there's always modern chemistry.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 03/01/2011 17:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email