MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How to mend a broken heart.

How to mend a broken heart. - Forums [Biker Match] How to mend a broken heart. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How to mend a broken heart.

Please advise as to how to mend a broken heart. Partying has always always done the trick for me in the past and then meeting someone to calm me back down. BUT IT JUST AIN'T WORKING this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
kooky @ 28/12/2010 17:35  

Dont break it in the first place ....simples

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2010 17:36  

Bring it round Kooky. The number of things I've had to mend in the last week.. .. mini moto's, fairy lights, an iron (what do they do?) remote control helicopter. May as well see if I can mend you.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 28/12/2010 17:45  

it cant be done, you just have to distract yourself,try to keep busy and hope it will sort its self out in time.

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/12/2010 17:47  

Cease all contact and delete their numbers from your mobile.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 28/12/2010 17:50  

And if you should ever see them again, rip off their head and crap down their neck. That usually works.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 28/12/2010 17:51  

yep that deff does help!

Update Reply
julie j @ 28/12/2010 17:51  

not sure if we will live that long, for enough time!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 28/12/2010 17:52  

Chocolate

Update Reply
JP @ 28/12/2010 17:53  

I've been conned, you seemed so nice in real-life BL!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 28/12/2010 17:58  

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5950/emocl0.png

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 28/12/2010 17:59  

That's abit harsh bandit. I do agree though, don't get mad, get even. Revenge is a dish best served cold apparantly. Personally I like to serve it piping hot. Probably won't make you feel better kooky but it'll give you something to pass the winter evenings on.

Update Reply
Contradiction @ 28/12/2010 17:59  

Thanks Ian! You are all heart lol Thanks Tony! You are all heart too! My heart needs to avoid men at the minute as it just causes further damage..... Thats what I thought too Julie!!! I am just not a bloody patient woman!!! Wish it would hurry up and mend!!! Think I might have to revisit my contact list - had to change my last mobile number cos of a stalking ex!!!! so am pretty careful now as it takes me ages to learn new numbers ..... but I am defo gonna delete a couple of numbers ....... damage limitation!!!! and removes temptation to say and do stupid things!!!! Further advice still welcome though

Update Reply
kooky @ 28/12/2010 18:00  

Oh I don't do chocolate, nor revenge nor aggression - perhaps that's where i am going wrong!!! Oh dear

Update Reply
kooky @ 28/12/2010 18:22  

You know I am nice LTGTR In reality, ex's are ex's for a reason and irrespective of who said or did what, unless someone has died (I have never had a partner die)then I believe that time is a great healer and it can take as long as it takes. Distractions and the support of genuine pals are paramount, and try to never lay blame at your own feet or judge yourself.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 28/12/2010 18:41  

http://sangrea.net/free-cartoons/saying_burying-the-hatchet.jpg

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 28/12/2010 18:45  

The advice on distraction is a great one kooky , pass your motorcycle test, go shopping buy yourself some new gear and a bike and travel to new places and do loads of biker weekends and meet new freinds, then book flights to daytona bike week wow think i will do that my self lol,
time ,good freinds and re learning to laugh helps to heal all

Update Reply
Gsxskye @ 28/12/2010 18:49  

Oh thank you everyone - distraction me thinks is good but not when its more men lol defo avoiding more distractions for now!!! keeping busy not a problem got 3 jobs and at uni!!!! lots of mates and laughs I have Dynatoon - That image of the heart ripped out reminds me of my last hubby - he said he would rip his heart out for me.....he was drunk at the time though lol ......erm yeh right .... BL - I did have a hubby that died - not a nice experience to go through - but we all survived....but you are spot on - an ex is an ex for a very good reason....... and I do know it gets better in time...... Thank you!!!

Update Reply
kooky @ 28/12/2010 19:12  

Well I cannot comment on this, I agree you never get over someone, but you do get used to being without them,

However I don't agree with an ex being an ex for a reason .. I did once however Ian & I took a while to sort something's out in our lives, some times its just not the right time for a relationship at that point in time but we are now are very happy together ... but it is 3rd time lucky for us !

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/12/2010 20:42  

Oh wow that sounds like a real love story to me ........ how sweet but guessing complicated too ........ yes I can relate to the wrong time wrong place theme I am feeling much calmer now Thank you but then I have had a much needed safe hug from a mate - hugs are calming and soothing

Update Reply
kooky @ 29/12/2010 00:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email