MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How to mend a broken heart.

How to mend a broken heart. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] How to mend a broken heart. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How to mend a broken heart.

I don't need hugs. I've always shied away from physical contact, and have been most happiest when left to my own devices. I love to have a bed to myself and am most relieved when a relationship has come to an end because I can be myself once again and not have to perform bedroom antics!! lol :-) ( which all men want, and maybe not so many women). I'm just glad to be me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 01:04  

Littlechick ...

Obviously not the right kind of relationship then .... "because I can be myself once again" You should be yourself in the relationship, not change because of it.

Performing bedroom antics? that sounds quite sad if you see them in that way. As for "which all men want", again wrong relationships seem to have soured you a little bit with regard to men.

But if you are happy with the way you are now, thats great

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 09:36  

i know where your coming from kooky Drink only makes you think of them and text them so i found delete number/contact info and plunge myself into things that make me happy bike bike work and diy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 10:00  

Shoot them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 11:43  

How nice to hear such different perspectives on this subject - well feeling much better today - yesterday was a very bad day for me - but thank you to everyone for all your messages very much appreciated hugs to you all except to lil chick - a hand shake for you if that's okay xxx

Update Reply
kooky @ 29/12/2010 12:36  

broken hearts dont mend they just heal up,, after finding the best match for me or so i thought , i was told" i love you" and why should i think he was lying? then all of a sudden and for no reason i got the door slammed on me, with no explanation other than "im not in a good place just now"!! whatever the fk thats means!!,,,time may dull a memorie but you dont forget that kind of betrayal,, xxxxxxx

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 29/12/2010 13:07  

Time Kooky! its the only thing that works in the long run. My ex promised me the world and gave me fkn Iceland! (no not the cheap shop!) its took me 2 years this time round...and it was a long road to get to the place where i didnt want to cave his head in everytime i saw him. Now i just feel indifference so i know im sorted. You will get there. the delete the contact details is dead on . its tempting after you have a few beers to text or pick up the phone. Remove the temptation!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 29/12/2010 13:59  

You can't mend a broken heart, it just mends in it's own time. All you can do is try to carry on with your own life and not concern yourself with what your ex is doing since the split. IMO you should also allow yourself a bit of time to grieve for what you've lost, rather than trying to hide stuff by showing the world how "OK" you are. If you are really hurting and you try to force your way past it, there's a chance of lumbering yourself (and possibly a new relationship) with hidden "issues".

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 29/12/2010 14:25  

Get yerself one of these..

http://www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk/happy-man-bottle-stopper.html

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 29/12/2010 17:31  

its only 3inches dyna!!!!

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 29/12/2010 19:34  

well, that's 2 inches longer than his thumb innit!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 29/12/2010 19:57  

I am ignoring that advice Dynatoon!!!! Sorry to hear that Boody Perhaps nicer things will happen for you in 2011. You sound sooooo strong KG!!!! more wise words from W.... Looks like this site is full of broken hearts - should be lots of empathy going around then ..... Time and cautions ....... Vulnerability is not a good sign............. Having listened to others i actually think I am probably doing okay - defo going in the right direction me thinks ..... Thank you folks

Update Reply
kooky @ 29/12/2010 20:04  

It hurts like hell..but like BL says.. with the support of some great mates, it gets easier xx

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/12/2010 20:14  

Vulnerability makes you a magnet for all the "wrong sort" of men. the ones who manipulate and you end up just grateful for any sort of attention. Been there, done it ....dont go there! you are worth more, you are your own person. Never settle for anything less!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 29/12/2010 20:31  

At the start of any relationship, expect nothing, then when you get nothing at then end of it, you are not disappointed!!!! Keep your sights low then anything else is a bonus!! Lol :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 21:11  

Nah dont agree Littlechick if you set you sights low you'll attract every dickhead on the planet and still be disappointed. Being single isnt the end of the world - accept it and even relish it. Its 10 x's better than being in a miserable relationship. When you learn to love yourself other people find it easy to love you too.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 29/12/2010 22:09  

Jesus, this is terrible, some of you must have had the worst things happen to you all....... there's only been two maybe three decent bits of advice here.....come on!!! I think counciling is needed for some.....there are a few bitter and well twisted views.....I wonder how many are single and have been for a while or bouncing in and out of crap relationships.. jeezzzzzzz come on....pmsl . Ok Kooky, a broken heart ...well it is one of the worst feelings in the world as you can tell from the advice already given, I think we have all had them in varying degrees......my advice is...take a break from relationships...give your heart and your head time to heal.......... Let go.......Don't be tempted into texting pleading to know why it happened reasons...it has happened and for what ever reason you cannot make a person love you and for love to work it needs to be equally given freely by both people or it is unfair and both or at least one of you will never be fully happy......Just let it go and stay away however painful Healing.....look at it as a new era in your life.....start a fresh, take up new things have a look around where you live there is a lot happening that you don't realise....classes...even night school just occupy yourself and use your friends network organise yourself and above all learn to enjoy you again ...without someone else being there...let go of any bitterness or you could possibly carry it into the next relationship.... How long only your heart can tell you this...the pain is great but it will lesson slowly.... then one day you will think about it and you will giggle at some of the memories and it won't hurt anymore thats when you know its healed...it does heal even after the greatest of falls... Next time...well I don't know but...don't tarnish everyone with the same brush..but don't be there for the wrong reasons take your time date and find someone you like who likes you..just because you go on a date doesn't mean you are betrothed......just be happy and enjoy the company of each other but take your time with no preconceptions or baggage, it won't be fair on either of you.... Well I hope my words make sense as i have been through it and I thought I might die of a broken heart at the time, but I'm alive a bit wiser but stronger for it and I refuse compare anyone to my past partners as each person is an individual, I will give them the same courtesy as they give me and give it go without any prejudice or baggage from the past, I owe it to myself and to anyone I may meet.... Just take your time and you'll know when your hearts all better..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/12/2010 22:11  

......johnnytb wins the official "I've used all the emoticons in one post" award

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 29/12/2010 22:13  

Johnny, yes it all made sense

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 29/12/2010 22:16  

Hey Johnny... I'm impressed! Is Counselling your post-military profession? Hugs to you mate, some wise words there x

Update Reply
Karey @ 29/12/2010 22:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email