MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Ideas please - no spark :-(

Ideas please - no spark :-( (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Ideas please - no spark :-( (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Ideas please - no spark :-(

thought you meant in your relationship lol !!! sorry...

Update Reply
kazninja @ 25/01/2011 19:15  

lmao @ kaz......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/01/2011 19:16  

pmsl just seen your comment kaz :-) But now you come to mention it, it's not just my wee bike that's in hibernation so got any helpful hints and tips hun????

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/02/2011 16:52  

Well mini ... we all know what happens after hibernation .. you get to gorge yourself

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/02/2011 16:56  

Goodness me shell!!! you hussy lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/02/2011 17:00  

lol .. I never hibernated

And where might I ask was your mind darling ... I meant on rides out etc etc

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 01/02/2011 17:01  

The big problem I had when I moved from contact breakers (remember them?) onto an electronic ignition is that the electronic ignition will not trigger a spark if the battery voltage falls below a certain level. This level is easily reached when you use the starter motor with a battery which is not fully charged.

Some days I have to use the kick-starter (remember them ?)So the advice is always make sure your battery is in tip top condition. If you lay the machine up for any length of time remove the battery and store it on a conditioning charge device. Then you can guarantee perfect performance.

Cheers

Mark

Update Reply
Flettie @ 09/02/2011 14:37  

Thanks Flettie...that's what's happening at the moment. My bike is stored in a garage without power & the battery in another with electric & left on an optimate charger, so fingers crossed for when it's time to come out of hibernation When it wouldn't start we looked for a kick start...and established it doesn't have one lol

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/02/2011 19:15  

Minnie if you dont have power in your garage just take the battery off over the winter and keep in the house and charge a couple of times a month

Update Reply
JP @ 09/02/2011 19:37  

trade it in for a honda

Update Reply
firebladejohn @ 12/04/2011 01:48  

Good grief FBJ...which swamp did you emerge from! Talk about coming out of hibernation Hey, sara's got a 125 now so got a south lakes buzzy buddy at last!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/04/2011 09:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email