MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Vinny for sale ... My SV650 sport

Vinny for sale ... My SV650 sport - Forums [Biker Match] Vinny for sale ... My SV650 sport - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Vinny for sale ... My SV650 sport

Well after a lot of thinking I am changing my bike ...

Yes Vinny has been a great bike for me however with the amount of touring that Ian & I do I am looking at changing, I have seen a GSX650F that I like the look of, the dealer has offered me a trade in for my SV but if anyone on here would like to make an offer I would like to see him go to a good home.

Its done 16690 miles, has had its major 15000 service including valve clearances, I am only its 2nd owner & I have had it for 18 months.

Its Taxed till Feb & MOT'd till April next year.

Being 5ft 4inches I have had it lowered but still have the original dog bones to put it back, I have also had risers fitted (no alteration needed) & again have the original handlebars which will go back within 30 mins.

It comes with the restricter kit, tho I have never needed to have it fitted, as well as having the pilly seat, it has the single seat converter, along with all the blocks & the grab rail, also as an extra there is a top box that fits where the rear seat goes & the fitments for that.

Its alarmed & has a blue LED to show when armed.

PM me if you want to know more, there are pics on my profile if you want to see what he looks like.

As I said the garage has offered me a trade in but as with my 125 when I sold that I would prefer it to go to someone I know will look after it.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/11/2010 14:57  

meant to say ... if you don't want all the extras we can work a price out

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/11/2010 20:27  

You best give people an idea of what price you're looking for Shell otherwise they are stabbing in the dark lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2010 22:18  

I am open to reasonable offers between £2500 n £2900 depending on how many of the extra bits are wanted

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/11/2010 06:43  

Blimey Lady selling Vinnie .......... and him being so lean and all lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/11/2010 20:05  

Yeah I know .... but I need something more practical for the miles Ian & I do after all 3/4 of them we do fully loaded for rallies lol ...

I forgot to say there is a set of Oxford Lifetime Sport Panniers with covers in Silver too ... they are the alll round expanding ones that almost double in size when unzipped

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/11/2010 20:14  

it's a great bike that would suite any one from around 5 ft 2 and upwards and from what i've seen it's in brilliant condition and must be a bargan

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/11/2010 21:19  

Thanks Bill, I know lots like it which is why I put it in here will be test riding the GSX this week as the finance they have offered is only on till end December it feels fine when I sit on it and if no one buys my sv I will trade it in.

They they have offered £2500 without the extras thinking about it if someone wants it in here without extras will sell for that ... with everything then £2700 I would like to see it go to a good home :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/11/2010 13:44  

BUMP

Its being traded in if no one shows interest

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/11/2010 18:39  

Shell don't buy one 'till you've ridden one. Just been looking at the specs and the gsx is less powerful than your sv. The sv would be the better bike if you intend to lots of touring as the engine is more relaxed. I think you might be struggling for power when fully loaded and have to do more gear changes to keep it on the boil, which is not ideal for touring. Of course seating position and general comfort will come into the equation but I think you might find the engine lacking. Top gear cruising is what touring is all about, lots of gear changing will make you tired as will a revvy engine. Get a test ride you'll know if it's the bike for you, if you're not sure it's not the right one. Have fun

Update Reply
yamahama @ 25/11/2010 20:24  

Yeah I know yammy it's going to be a trade off really but gotta think that my back is no good for a sports bike :-(

I love my SV but the distance riding we do it's not practical ... Well I should say it's not practical for me tho others may love it ... I guess it's a sign that the body is getting old lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 26/11/2010 23:37  

You're going to have to change your name to GSX_shell then

Update Reply
yamahama @ 27/11/2010 09:54  

LOL ... think I will keep it as it is ... sounds better ...

Just wish the ruddy weather would sort itself out not been able to test ride this weekend so Vinny is still about

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/11/2010 13:05  

SV, if you still have vinny - have you thought about a BMW F800ST? BMW can factory lower them and provide a stock lowered seat. IMHO it is a great bike and has ben to France a few times. GIVI v35 panniers and heated grips etc would make touring a breeze. Try out the F800 forum - it's full of useful info and pics. http://f800riders.org/

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 27/01/2011 16:32  

I do still have it Al.

Mother nature had it in for me and by the time the weather cleared for me to go test ride tge GSX it had been sold.

Will continue looking, part of me does not want to get ride of the SV it's been a fantastic 1st big bike (only passed last Feb) great fun and easy to ride...

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 27/01/2011 18:20  

The weight distribution on the F800 is ideal as the petrol tank is under the seat, and at 5Ɗ'' you would have no problem putting both feet on the ground, so helps build confidence at low speeds, especially if you are loaded with touring kit. The SV's a good solid ride a shame to get rid!!

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 28/01/2011 15:43  

I know Al, I love it but its not the bike that agrees with me

Slow speeds I have no probs with, can crawl at a snails pace & can balance at an almost stop with both feet up (not recommended but was done to show my instructor how I could do lol)

But it is an option for me to look at thank you,

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 28/01/2011 17:18  

Hi SV,

Vinny looks a great bike and the SV's are a fantastic piece of engineering, shame to have to change him, but I know where you are coming from.

I had to reluctantly stop riding my VFR V-Tech last year because of similar problems with joints and age! 

I have had various styles of bikes and sizes over the years and I bought a marmite bike last october which is proving to be one of the best rides I have ever had! A Suzuki DL1000GT V-Strom, it just amazes me everytime I ride it, always gives me what I want and more, and never complains!!

My father-in-law (in his 70's) also swapped his 900 Ninja in for a Honda CBF1000GT and has not stopped touring europe since.

Good luck with what you decide, you will know when it's the right one, 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/01/2011 09:22  

Thanks Pheonix, I have sat on a 650V-Strom ... lmao one foot was tippy toes the other was 6 inches off the ground

I would be ok & not looking to change if I had not torn the rotator cuff muscles in my shoulder 4 years ago, but it causes the pain in my shoulder which tightens my back .....

Ian loves the SV as much as I do, lol, would be out on it more than his own bike if i let him.

Oh & as an update ... I have just put 12 months tax on it

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/01/2011 09:27  

SV - if you interested - if you and hubby are ever in the Rugby area - I'm more than happy to meet up so you can try my bike for size.

Update Reply
Big Al.. @ 29/01/2011 12:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email