MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

flip helmet

flip helmet - Forums [Biker Match] flip helmet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

flip helmet

anyone recomend a flip helmet ? ive got a v can one with bluetooth but its noisy and lets wind in , also inside of visor gets wet too so basicaly its a bit rubbish

Update Reply
dunans @ 11/11/2010 21:34  

I've been quite happy with a couple of Cabergs I've had. They are a little bit noisier than others but there again i use earplugs anyway, and they do pretty well in the SHARP ratings.
Don't cost an arm and a leg either.

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/11/2010 21:41  

Shoei Multitec is good and quiet and with pinlock insert does not steam up cost about 350 qiud though

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 11/11/2010 21:50  

BMW has a new one called; system 6, check there site, and i think its about £350

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2010 21:58  

Schuberth's C3's supposed to be really good, my next helmet me think

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 11/11/2010 22:51  

I use a Caberg and ear plugs for touring and find it ok, as Wills said the price is good

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/11/2010 01:10  

I had a Caberg for a while and it was ok, good price etc, but I didn't really get on with the whole flip front thing so went back to full face.

Update Reply
Drum @ 12/11/2010 08:23  

Out of all the one's I've had over the years the Shoei Multitec is the best by far followed closely by Vemaar.

I got my Shoei from the States and even with $70 p&p it worked out over £60 cheaper than UK prices, very quiet and very comfortable.

The Police use Shoei Multitec's which says it all.

i've heard good reports about Schuberths but they're even more expensive than the Shoei's.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 12/11/2010 08:48  

I've got an older Lazer flip front and had a bluetooth Viper (didn't like that one, poor quality and uncomfortable).

I always wear ear plugs, so wind isn't really an issue with any of the lids I wear (don't understand people who don't wear them TBH, I think 15 years of not wearing them give me hearing problems)

Couple of mates have the Caberg and liked them, so it seems like there's a consensus (for once).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2010 10:18  

Not really into them, but I've heard that Roof are the best.

Really nice website for them : http://www.roof.fr/index.php (you might need to click on the English link)

Direct to lids : http://www.roof.fr/products/index.php?type_id=5

Is there anyway to add hyperlinks in BM??

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 12/11/2010 13:25  

One of my mate's got a Roof, she rides a Harley and it always lifts when she rides or presses against her nose

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 12/11/2010 14:35  

It will be the speed that makes it do that then !!!

Tony, is it your serve??

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2010 14:46  

I've used a Nolan for the last 3 years and find it good with pin lock visor. I think there about £200 just now.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 12/11/2010 17:06  

Bugger, only just seen that one Shad. I dont think I've played with that bike mate. If I had .. I would have fitted high lift cams, so the extended durationof the nose would cause it. And, of course, the greater speed the bike now has.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 12/11/2010 18:26  

Had my caberg justissomo for nearly 2yrs think it was about £150 then ...has a drop down sun visor as extra ! got to be a flip as you can't get your fag in your mouth with a full helmet on lol had a vulcan before but like duns said they let water in and are noisy !

Update Reply
honda baby @ 12/11/2010 18:53  

youve seen mine Duns does job fro me and i dont get wind whistling through

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 12/11/2010 19:40  

I have got a Roof Boxer,

It's noisy, mists up on a sunny day, and would be a bit iffy in the event of a off,

Now the pros, It looks the dogs bollocks with a black visor.

I am very happy with it

Update Reply
marsey @ 12/11/2010 20:19  

I`ve had a Carberg Justissimo for about 3 years.Great value lid,with the drop down sunvisor,it also converts to an open face by removal of the chinbar & fitting the visor stops to the pivots.But,I find the build quality does seem to be a bit cheap & cheerful.Twice so far I`ve found the chinbar does not stay in the up position when riding because of grooves wearing in the plastic sides of the chinbar where they slide over a couple of ball bearings that are part of the pivot mechanism.A simple repair job of grinding out a channel & filling it with JB Weld or similar does the trick for a while.
I too have been looking for a suitable replacement flip front lid & narrowed it down to 2 choices;The Shoei Multitec for around £380 or the Nolan N90 for around £230.
I really like the Shoei,as I used to have an RF200 years ago & it was the best lid I`ve ever owned,but I couldn`t quite afford it.I was about to order the Nolan when I found a Shoei Syncrotec (forerunner to the Multitec)at a bargain price.
A better fit than my Caberg & the quality is much higher,the main shell being fibreglass instead of thermoplastic.
The downside is that so far in the 6 weeks I`ve had it I`ve not been able to use it through waiting for my wrist fracture to heal!!!!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 12/11/2010 21:17  

Thanks for the tip on Caberg drop down fronts Wraith, never realised how bad it was till you said, repair well make it as good as new

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/11/2010 11:13  

Yeah,Bill,repair seems to work for quite a while but ultimately happens again at some stage.Sadly a design fault,I reckon-or maybe a cunning way of introducing a "best by..."date,i.e,time to buy a new one!!

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 13/11/2010 15:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email