MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Online dating ~ what do you think?

Online dating ~ what do you think? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Online dating ~ what do you think? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Online dating ~ what do you think?

I fell in love with a picture of a fella on here and HAD TO HAVE HIM!!!!!! lol.I'm cooking his dinner at the mo while he watches the footie

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 14:10  

Until you actually meet in person its 'Buyer beware' IMHO. And you should not have your expectations at a point where they could be dashed on the rocks.....just sayin'

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 07/11/2010 14:32  

I've only ever met one person face to face after making contact on the net dating sites, and we were together for 3 years after that. As a shy person initially, i wouldn't have the confidence to approach a total stranger (male or female), and strike up a conversation, but if we'd spoken or messaged online then the ice is already broken. I suppose in the past people like myself would maybe rely on friends' introductions, but these type of sites give us a bit of independence in that area. You may or may not meet the love of your life, but you will always meet new people and make new friends.

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 07/11/2010 15:59  

i lost faith till biker match, now my life has turned around i am happy and engaged my kids are happy so are LC's so life is good......bloody good!!! thank you bm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 16:06  

Well said WR, Not one being comfortable approaching someone 'cold' as it were in social situations, I too prefer the ice broken by messaging first. So it's 'horses for courses' We are all different thankfully and what's right for one is never always right for all!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 07/11/2010 16:11  

I'm just so pleased it has introduced me finally to the woman of my dreams. (that'll teach him to leave his laptop logged on - RC1965 )

Update Reply
JP @ 07/11/2010 16:26  

Nice one. You can almost hear the words eminating from JP's lips! lol

Update Reply
Rattay @ 07/11/2010 16:31  

can someone pass me a knife please

Update Reply
JP @ 07/11/2010 16:32  

That gurgling sound is the blood spurting from my throat

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 19:41  

Pmsl @ RC1965 via Jps lappy!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 19:41  

He just pretends not to like me, I got a cooked dinner and a pudding today (and no, I'm not suffering with stomach cramps and food poisoning). He either likes me or wants something - time will tell lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/11/2010 23:53  

If he's cooking for you "he likes you and wants something"

LOL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 08:24  

I think as far as 'dating' goes then, yes, you do need to meet at some point. Having said that, however, I am interested in the ways that communities form in this medium (yes, my life is THAT interesting... :p) and i do think that you can get a good feeling for who you will, or will not, get on with by the way they present themselves online. This assumes, of course, that they don't deliberately misrepresent themselves, which is more of a problem on specifically dating sites than elsewhere I guess.

Update Reply
Drum @ 08/11/2010 09:48  

Yes, very true Drum, it's easy to get fooled sadly

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 08/11/2010 10:27  

I think the net is a great introduction, but for many, taking it "the next step" is grueling, if not almost impossible! It would help if you could be sure you're dealing with a real person, and not someone's ego trip, or "fishing for compliments" But I guess that's the risks you take here, there are as many sob stories as there probably are love stories!

Update Reply
aussiegeezer @ 08/11/2010 12:01  

Indeed, I think it's just a case of remembering to be as vigilant on here as you would be if you met a stranger in a pub. Don't give out too much info just in case because there are people out there, as described above, whose intentions are not honorable and they are not looking for someone genuine - they are either out for a what they can get either physically or otherwise or just want attention and a boost. I think the best advice if you can is to get along to events, take a friend if you want to, and meet up with people. If you are chatting to someone on here who is local to you, arrange to meet up at a local event, that way if it all goes t*ts up then at least you haven't had a wasted journey and may even meet someone different along the way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 12:40  

If he's cooking for you "he likes you and wants something"

Oh Gl, you're such a cynic. Havn't met him yet, but JP seems a genuine, loyal, good humoured, kindly guy like all us guys (Well most, hmmm, well some.....hmmmmm ........ well me sometimes) hmmmmm, well I try.

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 08/11/2010 13:21  

@Rockchick1965

".... or just want attention and a boost. "

Hmm Boost please

http://www.tejifoods.com/infinity/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/miscellaneous005.jpg

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/11/2010 14:29  

Hi all, I came across this site by accident and am enjoying it immensely , I think sites are a good ice breaker, but at some point you've got to meet. I like eye contact, body language, voice inflection and spontaneity. Went on the Amsterdam trip met some good people whom I hope will become good friends . Point is I wouldn't have met them without the site P.S. love em all ok what was the question again sorry age thing Jim F.

Update Reply
graybeard @ 08/11/2010 16:36  

Jim, need to get yourself to the xmas party next then - meet the rest of us (although that may change your mind lol)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 18:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email