MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Online dating ~ what do you think?

Online dating ~ what do you think? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Online dating ~ what do you think? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Online dating ~ what do you think?

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 08/11/2010 18:11  

you cant really know someone till uve met em in person.met few off here now and made some gr8 m8s(u know who u r!),also met me fiance off here(love u badger x) so bonus lol.But as with any internet dating pays to play safe.And ur def not dating if u havent actually met the person in real life :-)

Update Reply
missvondarkness @ 08/11/2010 18:18  

I think you can get a good idea of their personality on here - but you deffo need to meet face to face to see if there is "anything" there. Especially the "Grr" factor lol :-)

Update Reply
kazninja @ 08/11/2010 18:24  

I laughed longggg and hard at this........

I should have known better, considering the one pic she had attached to her profile was a blurry one.

And in my heart of hearts, I really did know better. Suspecting this particular date may not go so well, I invited her to dinner (yeah, yeah...hardheaded wasn't I?) at 5.30p.

I walked into the Chili's or TGIFridays or whatever it was, and immediately got that nauseous feeling that every single online dater experiences at one point or another. Specifically, the one where you see someone waiting alone at a table over there who vaguely resembles the person you were expecting to meet about as much as a piece of burnt toast resembles the perfectly good slice of bread you threw in the toaster and forgot about.

My honest-to-goodness first thought was, "OMG...who replaced the woman with the nice smile in the profile with June Carter Cash!"

I was too much of a "Mr. Nice Guy" to turn tail and skip town immediately, so I gathered my intestinal fortitude and approached the table.

Conversation was stilted from the very beginning. She began to make a feeble attempt at flirting.

The woman was at least 55 years old. And not a very attractive 55-year-old at that.

She was dressed in solid black stuff with lots of stainless steel crap and fringes on it, like she was some dust-farting legend from "The Grand Ole' Opry" or something.

The thickness of her Texas accent was eclipsed only by the thickness of her black eyeliner.

Finally, she excused herself to the ladies room, offering me a blessed reprieve from impending regurgitation.

It was then the waiter came to the table asking me if I wanted another beer. "NO!" I proclaimed, soon apologizing for the brusque tone neither he nor I had anticipated.

"OK, um...how about your mom?

"What?"

"Would your mom like another beer?"

Suddenly reminded that one must take oneself much less seriously in order to derive the greatest enjoyment out of life, I burst out laughing.

I was still recovering when Mrs. Cash returned to the table.

Having ordered a small garden salad (after all, who could eat?), my focus pretty much turned to saying as little as possible in hopes that she would friggin' finish eating.

I had already called for the check and ended up excusing myself to go find the waiter and pay it, already.

Finally, leaving, I parted ways with her at the table and wished her well. There was no way I was going to risk the awkwardness of walking her to her car. My inherent sense of chivalry was in fact overwhelmed by utter disgust, without apology.

Arriving home at the advanced hour of 6:30, I was greeted once again by a "post date" e-mail. In her vitriolic message to me, Mrs. Cash had "charged" me with a series of offenses that clearly roused her deepest sense of hurt and anger. Among the more particularly hilarious ones was the pronouncement that I was "obviously gay" because I failed to see her as attractive.

Were she the last woman on earth, she may have been right about that.

Incidentally, I finally learned my lesson and quit that particular dating site...forever.

Update Reply
DynaToon @ 08/11/2010 18:33  

lol dynatoon !! jacko.. i was only jokin hunny (my warped humour), jp seems like a perfect gent to say the least!... (thankfully he also has a great sense of humour)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 20:02  

(my warped humour)

Its one of the few female traits which actually work well pmsl

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 08/11/2010 20:20  

GL, have you not met JP? If you have you must have been drunk to come out with that lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 20:21  

Naw RC, she tacks sh*t awe the time like most of her sex.......pmsl

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 08/11/2010 20:23  

Naw RC, she tacks sh*t awe the time like most of her sex.......pmsl

Update Reply
whackojacko @ 08/11/2010 20:23  

lol RC1965.. i havent met jp.. (obviously going by your comment) if i had its highly likely i WAS drunk as a skunk!!!!
(lol jks jp.. im sure your a sweetie; like chewed up toffee)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2010 20:25  

I think the photo is the first step, then for me its all about INTERESTING communciation, after that, if you click yeah I think it definitely could work

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/12/2010 12:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email