MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

How do you tell when.......

How do you tell when....... - Forums [Biker Match] How do you tell when....... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

How do you tell when.......

Summers finally over!

For me the first signs are cold knees on the morning ride to work, and the liner going back in me jacket.

Usually shortly followed by waterproofs bungieed across the back seat!

Update Reply
guzzi-rob @ 07/10/2010 09:40  

Yep I can second those signs QR And me winter gloves come out, usually only a few weeks after that the Leathers go away and out comes the lined Textile gear, I dont do cold lol

Update Reply
Fitchy @ 07/10/2010 10:00  

Yep same here, thermal liner gets added to the jacket, my thighs get cold in the morning, winter gloves go on, knik wax and washing up liquid get used more often, and my draggins don't see the light of day for a few months!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 07/10/2010 10:15  

It becomes worth the struggle to get the waterproof boots on, linings go in, scarfs and lobster gloves come out. Heated grips go on.

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/10/2010 10:54  

yep all the liners are back in my jacket and trousers, having to get used to riding in my thick winter gloves theyve just got no feel. Iam goin to hang on as long as poss before i put my windstopper in but i dont think it will be much longer lol.

Update Reply
andyl250 @ 07/10/2010 11:22  

Drum - can you get lighter boots for the summer? I only have one pair and I've never had a leak issue

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 07/10/2010 11:30  

Hand hotties go down the back of my gloves and the grips get turned on to walk the palms of my hands

That and the thick scarf comes out instead of the buff

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/10/2010 12:15  

I've junked my traditional thick winter gloves for a pair of Jofama winter gloves.
They're swedish and so thin you wouldn't think they would be any good but they are the best I've ever had.
Only £25 a pair too

Update Reply
guzzi-rob @ 07/10/2010 12:38  

@Brigadoon: I have some nice boots I wear in summer, but they're not even slightly waterproof.

New boots is on the list though.

@guzzi-rob. Got a link matey?

Oh, also thermals! I had mine on when I went for a spin today. Toasty!

Update Reply
Drum @ 07/10/2010 17:00  

I did the Blackpool Illuminations Run with my ski suit on underneath my textiles - they were busting out at the seams . . . I could hardly move but I was toasty warm against the bitter sea wind! As a pillion, I just cuddle up . . .

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 07/10/2010 18:07  

Thermals hmm that sounds like a good idea...... maybe i am getting to the age where I can wear em lol Yep 2nd that Drum we need a link to them there Gloves please guzzi-rob

Update Reply
Fitchy @ 07/10/2010 18:13  

Is it cold out there or something?

I put my thermal lining back in my jacket last week, but it's been too warm for it this week. Leather trousers, unlined goretex jacket and a t shirt ... fine for me!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 07/10/2010 18:15  

Yep, liner back in jacket, not quite in winter gloves yet but def feeling it on the thighs at 6am on way to work. Also got the flourescent jacket back on now, oh how I love to ride in the dark....NOT

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/10/2010 18:45  

leather trous, leggings under & waterproof jacket... two pairs of sox too !!

Update Reply
kazninja @ 07/10/2010 19:04  

Here you go Drum, if a nation knows how to keep warm, its got to be the Swedes!
The gloves I've got are the Tour de force ones

http://www.jofama.se/motorcycle_wear/leatherortextile.php?lang=2

Update Reply
guzzi-rob @ 07/10/2010 19:09  

yep the sexy thermals are now out!! lol

Update Reply
kfoggy67 @ 07/10/2010 19:09  

Im a heating engineer so the phone starts going mad when winters here thats my first inclination lol oh and me van windows mist over first thing in mornings lol too cold for the bike mind

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/10/2010 22:27  

LOL I have all that stuff on rigth through the sumer..I'm alwys cold

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2010 08:51  

Who does the outlets for these gloves GR? The range of products are great, I'm well impressed.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 08/10/2010 10:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email