MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Well Done Thames Valley Police...

Well Done Thames Valley Police... - Forums [Biker Match] Well Done Thames Valley Police... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Well Done Thames Valley Police...

who found my bike running (and I assume abandoned) late last night in scumbag Reading central. Currently in a recovery yard being looked at by their crimes people - hope to pick up tomorrow (costing me £150 for the honour though grrr -- assuming police have finished with it). Recovery yard said ignition n wiring ripped out for hot wiring and gear lever snapped off. I am hoping that is all there is damagewise and it hasnt been crashed (pleasepleaseplease if so let the toerag be in hospital in a mess -- I'm not feeling charitable to them ) and the gbox is not ruined). Lets see what tomorrow brings.

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 22/09/2010 19:04  

Hay thats good news well done coppers finaly left the speed gun at home today ! nice one ZZRpilot

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/09/2010 19:09  

Am pleased for you and least you will get it back nice one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2010 19:16  

Heyyyy thats brilliant news ZZR!! I can't agree more, if it was a crash..hope the scumbag is suffering, BIG TIME!! Hope the damage is minimal... Good Luck!

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/09/2010 19:18  

heres hoping fella

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2010 19:43  

Hey good news ZZR

Update Reply
madhat @ 22/09/2010 22:56  

fingers crossed, keep us all posted

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2010 23:15  

I'm amazed! it wasn't run into the ground and burned out, that's what usually happens with older bikes. Newer bikes are usually dismantled, or shipped out, and customers waiting for parts. Hope the damage is minimal and you're back on the road in no time.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/09/2010 23:36  

Jeez, can't believe you get charged 150 quid for having your bike recovered!! Surely the t&*#s that nick it should be footing that bill .
But congrats on getting it back, I'm thinking of packing mine with C4 and a remote detonator.

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 22/09/2010 23:38  

Now thats something you dont hear very often

Prob got pulled for speeding to get the coppers attention

Great you got your bike back.
Can you claim against the uninsured drivers that we all pay into. Not sure how you go about it but sure someone on here will have info

Update Reply
micksaway @ 23/09/2010 00:34  

Good news ZZ :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/09/2010 09:44  

Love the idea of the C4 Brad....

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 23/09/2010 10:08  

Good news But £150 to get it back ! Who's profiting from that ?

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 23/09/2010 11:05  

I'm gonna start my own private bike recovery business! For £150 I'll even copper grease all the bolts and clean and lube the chain too before it gets returned

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 23/09/2010 11:46  

"Who's profiting from that ?"

The private recovery company who are storing it. Glad to hear your got it back at least.

Update Reply
Say_Ten @ 23/09/2010 14:58  

Surely if your claiming on insurance for the theft and any damage caused to the bike then that £150 is part of that claim.

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 23/09/2010 18:23  

I'd certainly hope so. A few years ago I had a car stolen. When it was found, the police gave me the option of collecting it myself, or having a recovery firm do it it, for which I'd be charged. I'd not be happy if not consulted, then presented with a bill.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 24/09/2010 09:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email