MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Advice Please

Advice Please - Forums [Biker Match] Advice Please - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Advice Please

Before anyone shouts at me I know it's not bike related but I am so ner lol Does anyone have any tips that work for relieving sinus pain. Apart from steam inhalation, which works well but not very practical, and tablets which make me feel sick. I'm in pain for a couple of days when it arrives so any tips would be great, thanks. Sensible ones I mean, 'chop your head off' won't be considered a sensible option

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/08/2010 08:00  

read up about netti pot my mum and dad used them very good and you don't normly get it again.

Update Reply
shadowguyver @ 27/08/2010 08:26  

I've heard that reflexology can be effective. A mate had the relevant bit on her foot massaged and yukky gunk INSTANTLY started running out of her nose and relieving the pain

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 27/08/2010 09:37  

I will second what minnie has said Reflexology is brilliant for it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/08/2010 16:35  

get yourself to an ENT doc at the hospital!

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/08/2010 20:01  

Hopi Ear Candles....work a treat. Usually costs about £20 for a treatment which includes a small facial massage too. You can buy the candles for around £7-£8 for a pair, recommend Biosun Candles - but you will need someone to do them for you as tis very tricky to try and do them yourself. I'm trained to do treatments but dunno where ya live so unless it's near me I can't really help....but do recommend them.

Update Reply
Enola @ 27/08/2010 21:33  

Live abroad Kwak!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 27/08/2010 21:49  

I would go 2 the doc's that wot I do n usually end up on anti biotics n strong painkillers
Hope u feel betta soon xx

Update Reply
drobess @ 27/08/2010 22:01  

Thank you all for your input. I've never heard of Neti Pot before, I'll read up on that. Reflexology is ok if ya got someone to do it for ya, I can't reach my tootsies lol. I don't have a problem with nasal 'gunk' as my nose is dry, (probably cos I have a nasal spray for a dust allergy) it's just the facial pain that disrupts my life. I've heard of Hopi ear candles but never knew they were for sinus treatment, apart from the fact I'm skint, I have very narrow ear canals and doubt it would work for me, thank you for telling me tho. LOL E.N.T? I spent most of the first 8 yrs of my life in hospital and had 13 ear operations, can ya think of something less traumatic? Lived abroad for 2 and half yrs but I didn't have sinus problems then so I don't know if the different air works. I've been to the docs, he gave me nasal spray but it doesn't seem to work as good as it did the first time, as for pain relief nothing shifts it and sinus tablets make me feel sick. Thanks everyone. Now all I gotta do is find someone who is willing to reflexologise me tootsies or stick candles in me ears, give me a lift to the hospital or charter a plane.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/08/2010 22:16  

Lived abroad for 2 and half yrs but I didn't have sinus problems then so I don't know if the different air works. That means it did Kwak!!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 27/08/2010 23:33  

Ninj I didn't have sinus problems then, only started with ailments after I quit smoking, coming up for 3 yrs. I've been back from Gibraltar for 19 years lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/08/2010 23:37  

try smoking again then

Update Reply
drobess @ 27/08/2010 23:49  

no chance! I can't stand the smell

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2010 00:05  

pain is usually when the sinuss are blocked and congested so if the reflexology releases that will relieie the pressure i think.

Focus on yer sinuses as you go to sleep and visualise the pain going and getting smaller and tyhe pressure getting less and less... imagine having a dimmer switch that you can turn down

It self hypnosis and it can be very effective.

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/08/2010 15:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email