MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

message dissapeared ?

message dissapeared ? - Forums [Biker Match] message dissapeared ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

message dissapeared ?

I just opened my in box, I had two messages, one from a person I'd already messaged and one from a name I didn't recognise entitled 'hello'. I opened the known one first and replied to it. Then I re-read the username on the unopened one. As I went to open it the page flickered and a previously read message opened, I closed it and looked for the new unopened message and it had gone. I then went to 'Browse Profiles' to look the person up (coz it's rude not to reply, i feel) and it came up with 'user unknown'. Anyone know why this happened?

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 24/08/2010 18:35  

I mean - it was so OBVIOUSLY a spammer!!!! Jesus, just looking at "her" messages now and it's amazing how stupid some people are falling for it. I can't wipe your arses folks. Thanks to those who reported the account I'm now waiting for all the emails "Hi, i've got an email telling me that I've got a new message but I don't see any." lol Posted by Matt on SF's link about reporting spam Hope this answers your Q

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 24/08/2010 18:39  

it could be a spamer thats been deleated you beat me to it Ady

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/08/2010 18:40  

Ok thanks guys. My ignorance of spammers is now bleedin obvious. It was my first time.

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 24/08/2010 18:55  

Consider yourself de flowered

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/08/2010 20:48  

She was lovely though wasn't she 2T, bet you thought your ship had come in

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/08/2010 21:26  

haha 59 guys promptly replied to "her". DOH!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/08/2010 21:49  

I blame it on the blood supply being down South most of the time

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/08/2010 21:56  

What! in this cold weather

Update Reply
yamahama @ 24/08/2010 21:59  

Can you send me the e-mails of the 59 stupid people that replied matt? I have a freind in nigeria in the government who's trying get a load of money out of the country.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/08/2010 22:46  

Please send me your bank details, you've won the Nigerian lottery

Update Reply
yamahama @ 24/08/2010 22:49  

you wouldn't believe the messages if you saw them. And that's just those that replied via PM! God knows how many emailed the address which was attempted to be hidden(at)in_the_email(dot)address.

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/08/2010 22:50  

what annoys me most, is that it's those people who EMAIL these spammers who will complain that they "started receiving spam email after joining BM". Well YEA if you email spammers that contact you, ignoring all the rules of the website. Ok rant over

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/08/2010 22:52  

I've got to be honest Matt I didn't realise they were spammers. I just thought they were looking for ways into the country so I ignore them anyway. I don't think many people know much about spamming, I for one don't and use the internet regularly!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 24/08/2010 22:58  

Just think wot it's like on Latvian dating sites. you'd be easy prey on there.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/08/2010 23:04  

To be honest it was so bleeding obvious that 'malishinka' was as dodgy as Arthur daley. 59 people out there with red faces no doubt....

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 24/08/2010 23:10  

RN, depends on the definition of spammer. This person was probably a con-man looking for you to either give over your email address (by emailing the fake email address he/she provided) or credit card details somehow in later communication. Whereas a spammer would normally just post links all over websites, send out junk mail randomly to millions of people etc. When considering if something is spam/junk that they receive on BM, always consider how "realistic" or "appropriate" the profile is, and if such a person would be contacting you. For example, if an 18 year old girl joins the site, she's a "doctor" aparently, owns her own house, no kids, gorgeous photos etc etc... and she starts contacting unemployed men on the site in their 50's/60's, etc. Spammers can normally be spotted from miles away (over mountains, through jungles, etc)

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/08/2010 00:08  

PML @ mountains and jungles

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/08/2010 00:10  

No come on Matt don't burst their bubble there adenoids of eastern European women who are 20 years old beautiful and dicots / models who are desperate to meet 40-60 year old out of shape poor biker type gents from the Uk......... Don't cha know ......

PMSL :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/08/2010 02:13  

I got it too, brilliant pigeon english I laughed so hard I nearly had an underpantle accident. Went back to read it later to a mate and it had gone boo hiss

Update Reply
giantdog @ 25/08/2010 10:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email