MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Whatever happened to ...

Whatever happened to ... - Forums [Biker Match] Whatever happened to ... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Whatever happened to ...

I was thinking about people who have dropped off the site without a word or anything & really got to wondering ... so ....

This is for those of us who remember people who used to be on here & wonder 'whatever happened to'

Paul (Nuttydriver), From Somerset, I remember him getting his new bike & deciding to take it for a little spin, 2 weeks later he was still taking it for a spin & met us all in Matlock before taking it back home again

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/08/2010 12:34  

BJ i am going deaf ( ! ) without her mid morning posts lol

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 21/08/2010 19:20  

Whatever happened to..... Funny you should say that,, been a few come back recently.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 21/08/2010 21:42  

lol anne .. she will be back on Monday

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/08/2010 00:05  

Being part of the furniture since the beginning, minus 3 months, there are quite a few members who haven't been on the forums in a while. They've probably got a life, I think I'm going to have to knit myself one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2010 00:09  

Yeh.. there's loads who have just 'disappeared' I heard today that Marie and Dave ( Flame Red and Daveyboy ) have got engaged. They met on here and have been together about 3 years! Apparently they were at Rock & Bike at Squires last weekend..but I didn't see them.

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/08/2010 00:13  

Oh that's lovely, ta for letting us know Kaz. (I'll have to knit a bit quicker I think, sod it, while I'm knitting a life, I'll just knit me own soulmate) Congratulations Marie and Dave, all the best for the future.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2010 00:25  

Hey Kwak. my sister gave me a 'grow your own boyfriend'. put him in a jug of water and he expanded....quite alarmgingly actually, pecs and all...I suggest you get one cos it's so much more statisfying than knitting.

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 22/08/2010 00:36  

LOL Minnie, do they make one without the pecs? Defined muscles turn me right off I wonder what fjr Graham is up to these days, he used to be at most Matlock gatherings, in fact he organised the very first one there. What's Dave DD aka Booby doing? He introduced me to the great sound of 'The Firebirds', a rockabilly band.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2010 10:47  

Kwak.. Graham is still about.. he was at Squires Rock and Bike last weekend. I had a kall with him.. i see him at Squires now and again.

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/08/2010 10:52  

So it's just me he's avoiding lol, at least he's ok that's the main thing. Ta for letting me know Kaz.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2010 10:56  

I miss Tangoman - we used to have a reet laff!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/08/2010 20:26  

XK...he's still about.. he's a regular contributor to facebook.. he's still Tango-ing away! lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/08/2010 20:54  

Karey, Marie n Dave did get engaged a couple of weeks back at my local. I went to the do with Mark n Cassie. They've bought a house not far from me and they're doing great

They'll be at the Ure Welcome Back

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 22/08/2010 22:00  

Hey Terry, thanks for that!! Last time I saw them both was at Squires Rock and Bike 2009! a year ago! lol Not sure if i can mek Ure Welcome yet, but hope i can, would be good to see them

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/08/2010 22:21  

Try and get there Karey, it will probably be the last event of the year that so many of us will get together.

If you've never done a rally and you're sitting on the fence this is deffo the friendliest place to go.

Even if you come on your own you'll be immediately made to feel welcome and you'll have company 24/7 the whole weekend with great music, cracking fire into the early hours and a great crowd. Just come and introduce yourself to any BM member or PM anyone on this thread if you want to know more

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 22/08/2010 22:32  

Lol @ Terry.. I've done loads of rallies..and know most of the people on here and those running the Ure Welcome....but thanks for that! It's just circumstances at the min...but I'm working on it.

Update Reply
Karey @ 22/08/2010 22:39  

The site is quiet, has been for a while now, all the regulars who went in the chat room, or posted in the forums, don't go in anymore, has everyone deserted to Facebook or just having a life? *sigh*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/08/2010 23:15  

We were talking about that yesterday Kwak ... How it's changed a lot and why many old members are not renewing :-(

Things move on and evolve, we were saying this year it's a lot of weekend camping going on where as last year it was hey this weekends gonna be nice let's meet up for a ride out (which I miss)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/08/2010 05:58  

*Lol @ Terry.. I've done loads of rallies..and know most of the people on here and those running the Ure Welcome....but thanks for that!*

Karey that wasn't meant for you, ya nana!

Meant for people watching this thread

kwak i've spoken to a few 'old faces' this past couple of weeks and they've all said it's getting too much like FB and not enough about bikes anymore

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/08/2010 07:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email