MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

dyno jet

dyno jet - Forums [Biker Match] dyno jet - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

dyno jet

has any one tried a Dynojet kit on carbed bike im yhinking of putting one on my Daytona when i stick some loud cans and clear filters on just wondered if any good and weather it makes any diffrence ?

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 18/08/2010 21:45  

Think if it's sunny you might go faster.

Update Reply
red_daytona @ 18/08/2010 22:08  

Yep, had them on two of my ZZR1100's.

Both C models, both with 4-1 microns and both with K&N, they were like chalk and cheese ........... go figure.

One of them was grumbly under 3000, the other pulled like a train all the way from 1500, but the grumbly one once it was over 7000 really went like stink compared to the other one.

So that helps you loads doesn't it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2010 23:04  

Livened up my FXR,better quicker response,along with a k&n filter and free'd up pipes, never heard anybody say they dont with whatever they ride.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 18/08/2010 23:36  

I have used them with stock airbox and K&N`s .. Do not remove your stock airbox if you have it .. You will never get it to run properly . even if you get it rolling road tuned .. you will always have a flat spot somewhere in the range .. If you fit dynojets you will need to get it on a rolling road to get it set up properly .. best to let them fit them and set it up .. it will be cheaper in the long run .. they will know which jets to fit and where to set the needles and fit a K&N filter in stock airbox .. and fit the pipes you`re gonna use before dynojetting

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 18/08/2010 23:40  

Hello, Take good note of what nitro has said. 100% correct !! Dunno what pipes your thinking of using .. .. but if they are too free flowing you will NEVER get it dead right. i.e, why do you think drag pipes are called drag pipes .. coz they ONLY work properly at WOT ( wide open throttle) any other throttle position will be a compromise. It may run well at idle or part throttle or only at WOT, .. .. never throughout the rev range. Hope this helps. Swas, although the Dynojet kit is a bit better than the highly restricted HD jetting, most of your increase has come from the K&N and pipes. Dynojet kits for HD's never work 100%. You have destroyed your slide by having to drill a hole in the base, you now can only use DJ jets as the jet holder has been changed. The slide now rises quicker than the makers desiged it too as the spring is lighter and the profile of the needle is still incorrect, yes, you can raise or lower it by means of the C clip, but once again its a compomise. The BEST jet kit available is from a company called Head-Quarters. This kit kit comes with the CORRECT needle for the carb, kit dependant on modle and state of tune. I personally have fitted and supplied around a 100 of these. With not one complaint EVER. the kits are available for 1340 Evo's, 2 diff kits. Sporty's 2 diff kits, and Twin cams, again 2 kits. As said earlier .. depends on state of tune for which kit you use. Have not meant to piss on your fire mate, but the above is fact. Cheers, Tony.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 19/08/2010 14:21  

thanks guys some good info there just want a more fruity sound not race engine or ill keep loosing me bird off back ! Tony its a triumph daytona not a HD but i take your piont fella

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 19/08/2010 19:17  

Hi Neal, Yes mate I knew your bike was a Daytona. The second part of the post was aimed at FXR swas, a couple of posts up.

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 19/08/2010 20:40  

definately get it set up on a dyno. I did mine myself but it took ages and was a ball ache tank off tank on tank off tank on............it did make delivery alot smoother.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 19/08/2010 21:51  

Cheers Tony, this is what its all about finding things out you didnt know,I'd found that the standard carb isnt a bad carb just thought it needed a bit of pep, the carbs as s&s etc seemed a bit overkill for stage 1 tuning - fashion over function etc, and at the time the DJ kit was the one that was being pushed,a mate now with a 04 sporty swears by a yost tube setup,I'll check the headquarters kit out. I fitted the DJ kit just after I bought the FXR(19 yrs) and havent looked at anything else since but like I said it livened up the FXR more so after at first free-ing the pipes de-restricting the manifold + filter- the usual stuff- so was quite happy.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 19/08/2010 22:03  

Hi Swas, Dead right mate, information .. You are right about the stock CV carb, it a great little number when its jetted correctly.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> I have had a bike making 84 HP with a CV carb, its getting to its limits there but that was great result.<o:p></o:p> Mikuni’s and S&S are not needed at all for a stage 1 tune. As you say .. .. Fashion over function !!!!<o:p></o:p> The Mikuni is too big for most Sportys and not needed on Big Twins until head work is done.<o:p></o:p> Dont get me totaly wrong Swas, the DJ kit is so much better than stock jetting and for a while was the only kit available, so done a fair job. Have sent ya a PM also or will in a mo !!<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
GreasyTony @ 22/08/2010 12:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email