MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Tribute bands

Tribute bands - Forums [Biker Match] Tribute bands - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Tribute bands

Just been listening to someone talking about clever tribute band names. Two AC/DC all women bands called AC/D She and hells belles. And an all women Led zep one called Les zeppelin. Are there any other good ones out there?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 17/08/2010 13:06  

Limehouse Lizzy ....awesome tribute band to Thin Lizzy.... they are a definate must if in your area. Emdee and i saw them in Glasgow last month and both thought they were really good.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 17/08/2010 23:08  

Agreed jabecs, Limehouse Lizzy are quite simply phenomenal, I really can't praise them enough.

Ages ago there was a band called Dread Zeppelin, not so much a tribute band as a covers band with... a difference - they did Zeppelin songs (who' have guessed? ;) ) but in a reggae style with an Elvis impersonator on vocals - and no, I am NOT making that up! -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16LI4TUucW4

WAAY beyond mental, pure genius.

Then theres Hayseed Dixie, a blugrass band who, as their name suggests, started off doing mainly AC/DC covers in a country/blugrass style but have since widened their repertoire to include other rock/metal classics -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMfh4WQuGc8

Their version of Motorheads Ace of Spades is danged good.

As far as simply clever/amusing names go - No Way Sis (Oasis tribute band) Iron Maidens (female Iron Maiden tribute band) Twin Lizzy and Jef Leppard (DUUH) all made me smile.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 20/08/2010 17:11  

I've seen Limehouse Lizzy and they're fab, really good night out.

Update Reply
Turtle20 @ 20/08/2010 20:34  

not exactly a tribute band I suppose but Easy Star All Stars do a superb reggae / dub version of the entire Dark Side of the Moon album called Dub Side of the Moon....loved it

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/08/2010 20:42  

Once saw a band and they were good at keeping envolopes together........they were a rubber band. And the best of it is if you flick a rubber band at somebody you like or not it could have there eye out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2010 02:44  

They haven't been around for a few years, but does anyone else remember seeing The Star Spangled Chestwigs? Brilliant fun

Update Reply
IUsedToBeAHedgehog @ 23/08/2010 15:42  

I think I remember them ......... did they come on stage riding a Raleigh Chopper?? Female singer? Glam Rock stuff?

Hayseed Dixie, saw them at the Welsh show a few years ago, ok for the first 2-3 tracks, then it all sounded the same

Used to watch a band called Black Rose in the NE "we don't look like them, we don't try to look like them" .....but they were goooood. The band was named after an album (work it out)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2010 09:29  

That's them female and male singers, completely daft dut very funny and entertaining

Update Reply
IUsedToBeAHedgehog @ 28/08/2010 09:34  

They did a bike club do years ago in the NE in Washington, 70's fancy dress thing, was one of the best nights I'd done for ages, much better change than the "serious" rock bands we used to go to watch at those types of nights.

Think I saw them at a couple of rallies in the NE too

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2010 09:41  

They did loads of stuff in the NE, I first saw them at Stormin probably about 95? 96?)

Agree on Hayseed Dixie, saw tham at Rock City, they've done some good stuff on albums but live I just got the impression they were a bunch of prima donnas.

Update Reply
IUsedToBeAHedgehog @ 28/08/2010 11:15  

Best tribute band I've ever seen is Off The Wall.. guess what ...Pink Floyd tribute. Absolutley awesome. On again in Kendal real soon.

Update Reply
Phantom1539 @ 29/08/2010 22:37  

I've never understood the point of tribute bands. They seem a bit like those albums they sold in Woolies for 99p with covers of almost up to date hits.

Update Reply
ItsMrToYouSonny @ 29/08/2010 22:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email