MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Officers no longer persue stolen motorcycles !

Officers no longer persue stolen motorcycles ! - Forums [Biker Match] Officers no longer persue stolen motorcycles ! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Officers no longer persue stolen motorcycles !

Safety fears stops police pursuit of Altrincham thieves Police were ordered not to pursue motorbikes stolen from a showroom in Greater Manchester because the thieves were not wearing helmets. Officers instead watched as three people drove away on bikes worth £20,000 from the shop in Altrincham. Graham Brady, the Conservative MP for Altrincham and Sale West, said he was concerned criminal safety was put before public priorities. Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said it had adhered to the national policy. This doesn't, in my view, reflect the priorities of the public who would like to see police giving chase”End Quote Graham Brady MP for Altrincham and Sale West The force defended the actions of the officers following the raid at the Manchester Motorbike Store on Woodfield Road on Thursday. But Mr Brady said he was "very concerned" that the decision was taken centrally rather than allowing the officers to use their judgement. "This doesn't, in my view, reflect the priorities of the public who would like to see police giving chase when they see criminals in the process of committing a crime," said the MP. Officers were called to reports of a break-in at the showroom in the early hours of Thursday and spotted the criminals leaving the scene. But after checking for guidance they were told not to pursue the thieves, who were not wearing safety equipment or helmets.No equipment Supt Steve Nibloe, of GMP, said: "When police officers attended to this incident, suspects were seen driving off on motorbikes. "The officers were asked not to pursue the suspects, as they were not wearing the correct safety equipment and were not wearing helmets, so it is clear to me the correct decision was taken. "Greater Manchester Police follows a nationwide policy which gives clear guidance that motorbikes should not be pursued because of the higher risk of injury to the rider. "Detectives are pursuing a number of positive leads around this burglary as part of their thorough investigation, which is ongoing."

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 16/08/2010 13:50  

Beggars belief, should have run them off the road, 'don't do the crime etc'. Bit of road rash might have changed their minds the next time they thought of doing that. I don't care if this sounds harsh, in this day and age its time we gave the thieving scumbags something to whine about, oh yes it might infringe their human rights, so bloody what???? Perhaps a bit of Sharia law might stop them, after all they couldn't ride a stolen bike with one hand, could they?

Update Reply
DG99 @ 16/08/2010 14:04  

Lol can you guess who got out of bed the wrong side today?

Update Reply
DG99 @ 16/08/2010 14:05  

So if the police are chasing you, all you have to do is take your helmet off and they'll stop? Must remember that. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2010 15:59  

ha-ha yeah that's exactly what I was thinking GBeldon! Best not use offensive language towards the police had I now! ha-ha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2010 16:50  

Why not use offensive language towards them. Say it as I see it w##kers, most not fit to pick up their pay packet and the few that try and do the job that they are paid for get blocked by red tape and heath and safety rules. As I have said before its about time we took this country back from the politically correct brigade and sack all the do-gooders that are killing GREAT BRITAN!

Update Reply
JP @ 16/08/2010 17:16  

or do what i did - leave lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/08/2010 17:20  

Did you really Matt? Did they ever catch up with you mate? ha-ha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 01:00  

Damn but your a bad boy Matt, give me your hand as token payment for that bike

Update Reply
DG99 @ 17/08/2010 01:32  

PATHETIC!!!!

They deserve every lil bit of road rash they get if they came off, the very nature of the fact they are criminals breaking the law.. Means any injury sustained whilst committing this act is 1000000% deserved ... IMO

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/08/2010 03:48  

Here, here sv_shell, they deserve everything. It's like when someone breaks into a property and if the owner defends his / her house with a weapon (which I have a sword in my room and that would be the first thing I would grab), then the criminal can prosecute!!! What a shoddy.....(actually I will swear because it's that much of a joke)...what a shit justice system we have!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 15:13  

On the flip side the cops have taken such a public slating these past few years they daren't do their jobs properly! When I was a kid I got a thick lug hole and an afternoons hard labour at the local train station for throwing toilet rolls at passing trains. These days the cops would have been publicly charged with assault on a minor and kidnapping. I didn't dare go home and tell my Dad or it would have been another thick lug to match!

If one of the bikers had come off, the do-gooders would be screaming manslaughter!

What a crazy world eh

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/08/2010 16:27  

Ride it like you stole it lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/08/2010 16:46  

Well Neal, next time you want to do a ton in town just cover your number plate, take your helmet off and overtake the cops, what a buzz eh lol

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 17/08/2010 17:07  

ha-ha! that sounds like a great way to piss off the local force RustyKnight! ha-ha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 23:07  

As far as I'm concerned once you break the law as in criminal law ie theft etc you should have no rights you do the crime and try to escape the officers should be allowed to use what ever is necessary to apprehend the thieves like the American cops

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2010 23:39  

What JTB said

Update Reply
DG99 @ 18/08/2010 09:58  

A guy stole a tank from the u.s national guard, wrote off a sh!t load of cars and got stuck on the central reservation of the free way, a cop opened the hatch and when the guy 'ignored' him (probably couldnt hear him) the cop shot him dead. Bit harsh I thought. But bike theives (i was a victim) put em back to back and shoot em only uses one bullet per two arseholes saves public money. See, I can be reasonable.

Update Reply
2Tdreamin @ 19/08/2010 07:36  

i agree with all police are mo good i recetley had my mbike vanderlised at my home by sum arxxxxxxe so i put up berd wire on fence and added cctv then got told tht had to take it down cause the crimanals could get hurt how messed up is tht had to put signs up to say i got cctv aswell the laws sum of them are just stupid

Update Reply
dragon3476 @ 28/08/2010 16:01  

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk...260 Now that's either natural justice or a contender for the next Darwin Awards. Serve the little scrote right

Update Reply
Smarty_UK @ 07/09/2010 20:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email