MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Suzuki 125 Intruder silencers

Suzuki 125 Intruder silencers - Forums [Biker Match] Suzuki 125 Intruder silencers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Suzuki 125 Intruder silencers

I just got my CBT last week and bought my first bike - a Suzuki Intruder 125. I thought it sounded delicious but didn't realise the significance of "Screamin' eagle" written on the silencers. After deafening and giving everyone on my CBT a throbbing headache my instructor told me I needed to put the baffles in them or I would be pulled by the police. Tonight my ex took a look at the baffles that came with the bike and they aren't made by screamin eagle - they are sawn off ends of suzuki silencers. Anyway, we put them in and the decibel level definitely came down. We fastened them in with jubilee clips (yes I know, bit of a bodge but I wanted to go out) and off we went on my maiden post-CBT run out. Going up hill flat out, changed down and one of them shot out narrowly missing my ex who was riding behind me and only saved by lightening fast reflexes. We recovered the missile from the grass verge but this clearly isn't the solution. Can I do something with these silencers or do I have to ditch em and get some suzuki ones. Suggestions please???

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/08/2010 00:18  

One of them shot out narrowly missing my ex who was riding behind me

And that concludes the case for the defence, your worships

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/08/2010 00:51  

Could try spot welding them if you know someone with a welder. Im just putting one back together for my nephew his cans are shot as well. havnt looked at cost of new ones prob silly money being a wee twin

Update Reply
micksaway @ 03/08/2010 00:51  

alright alright, smarty pants. Useful suggestions please. I'm grounded till this gets sorted ...but it was very funny

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/08/2010 00:59  

thanks Micksaway. Now you come to mention it I think I know someone who might do that for me. Deff worth a try cos stuffing them in was effective

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/08/2010 01:03  

If that dont work try putting a bolt through not the prettiest solution but would stop them flying out I took my nephews up the road the other day I forgot how much fun they are to ride. His has a bean can wraped round the can were the balance pipe used to be b4 it rusted away

Update Reply
micksaway @ 03/08/2010 01:09  

Oh but mine is so damn pretty. That reminds me I must take a photo from the other side tomorrow... the one I've taken doesn't show the exhaust pipes

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/08/2010 01:25  

prob best go for the welding as bolt will ruin its good looks my nephews has seen better days and got him through his test he is now on a bandit. so if his wee sis aint interested he will prob sell it

Update Reply
micksaway @ 03/08/2010 01:34  

Can I borrow your bike mini .... I could do with a ride out with an ex ... Heheheheh

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/08/2010 06:52  

Breaking news............ "Suzuki sells bike with built in rocket launchers fitted as standard" MCN says "perfect for getting rid of the one's you used to love" FBI spokesman said..."Ideal if you are being followed by the taliban" How about trying ebay Minnie to see if you can pick up a cheep pair.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 03/08/2010 07:03  

My Motad silencer originally came with a cone shaped baffle (Motad call it a "db eater") in the front of the can rather than the back, so it's completely out of sight. I have no idea what the SE system looks like on an Intruder, but would it be possible to fit something like that?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2010 08:32  

Trouble welding your pipe is discolouring the chrome so just get the weld on the inside edge about about 2 to 4 cm of weld should hold it ok

Update Reply
JP @ 03/08/2010 08:51  

...Going up hill flat out, changed down and one of them shot out narrowly missing my ex who was riding behind me and only saved by lightening fast *reflexes. ROFLMHO *Was that from years of practice at dodging frying pans?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/08/2010 09:22  

Ha ha! could be Kwak ... some skills become second nature eh . The projectile also made a most impressive bouncing bomb. We were stunned by the distance it travelled after the first bounce in the centre of the road. Steve McQueen needed one of these in the great escape! But very very lucky nothing / no one got in the way

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/08/2010 12:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email