MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

route 66 or Highway 1

route 66 or Highway 1 - Forums [Biker Match] route 66 or Highway 1 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

route 66 or Highway 1

Any one riden route 66 end to end or Highway 1? Begining to sort next years road trip out and was wondering if anyone has any tips if they done it. ta very muchly

Update Reply
giantdog @ 21/07/2010 11:46  

MSL doesn't recommend what remains of route 66 > http://www.mslmagazine.co.uk/news/there-s-more-to-north...n-route-66

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 21/07/2010 18:36  

Route 66? Highway 1? ahhhh Big Sur on Highway 1 but do route 66 and you can visit the Devil's Rope Barbed Wire Museum and the Midway cafe diner at Adrian,Texas (population 159)...how could you resist? I haven't done either by the way but both are on my wish list . Enjoy

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/07/2010 23:31  

started rattling out emails last night, air frieght or hire, insurance etc.

Update Reply
giantdog @ 22/07/2010 09:31  

That's on my wish list and thinking of heading that way either next summer or the following one. Where you flying too?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 12:21  

just read brigadoons link,seems like a good one-go on 66 then up to rockies then down 101,mite take a while are you in a hurry GD lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 14:11  

Ah good ol Route 66, although I did this by car with my parents a few years back, it was great. There are some great cafes and old style towns on the way. I think if I remember rightly there is a town that looks like one straight from a cowboy film.

It is definitely worth a ride on it even if only a section of route 66.

Adz

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 01/08/2010 03:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email