MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Greetings from Derby

Greetings from Derby - Forums [Biker Match] Greetings from Derby - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Greetings from Derby

Newbie biker chick looking to meet friends and biker buddies. Have only been riding 6 weeks and only on a 125, for now anyway as hopefully will take test and upgrade next year !!! So if there is anyone fairly local happy to chugg along with me so can build up miles and experience then let me now. Take care and happy riding x

Update Reply
naughtynewbie76 @ 01/07/2010 18:59  

Hi there nn76, welcome to the nuthouse. Have a look on the active topics in the forums & you will see that a ride-out is being arranged to depart from Bassetts Pole near Tamworth and heading for Matlock so you could meet us en route if you live in Derby. The thread is entitled "Special Pilly Ride Out" and is intended to give those people without a bike the opportunity of getting out as a pillion but single riders are welcome too. A precis of the plan so far is:- Sunday 25th July meet up at Matlock at 12 noonRiders and Pillys from Middle Earth to meet at Bassetts Pole at 10.30 to leave at 11.00 am so keep your eyes peeled for it appearing on the events calendar and get your name down!!! See you there!!

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 01/07/2010 19:56  

Welcome to BM nn76

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 01/07/2010 20:18  

hi there, new on here today so be gentle with me! Looking to meet up with folks for ride outs/nights out and get back into things. Bin riding solo for a while so looking for company and a giggle or two along the way! x

Update Reply
zxrkat @ 03/07/2010 18:31  

greetings derby peeps and notts from an ex ilson youth lol well mapperly really but me mam lives there lol welcome to bm have a gr8 time and dont lick the windows too much because theres a quew

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/07/2010 20:35  

Hi naughtynewbie76 and zxrkat, I'm pretty new here too and enjoying getting to know people. The 25th sounds great so I'll be hooking up for that one

Update Reply
giantdog @ 04/07/2010 11:28  

Hiya and yes NN76, not far from you and remember it well..................give me a shout next time you're out!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 04/07/2010 13:50  

Hey all, thanks for the messages. The ride on 25th July sounds good Be nice to meet other bikers as none of my friends ride and as am single would be added bonus to meet someone nice to enjoy the many many miles with me Well have been out today on my lovely 125, was bit windy and had a few scary moments but was still amazing, just cannot believe I waited years of being pilly and now can do it myself!!!! Hopefully build up enough experience to take full test next year and get myself an upgrade on a 125!!!! Welcome to all other newbies, have only been member few days and has all been good so far xx

Update Reply
naughtynewbie76 @ 04/07/2010 22:19  

Hi and welcome to you both hope to see you out on the road soon

Update Reply
JP @ 05/07/2010 03:51  

Welcome all newbies, but you won't be for long. As the guys say, have a look at the events page and get stuck in. The old saying the more you put in the more you get out. As for yesterday NN, I know what you mean about the weather, I was coming back from a rally in Yorkshire and the wind and rain were something else

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 05/07/2010 07:04  

Hi and welcome be great to meet you guys at Matlock andif you want to meet up en route just let me know :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 05/07/2010 11:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email