MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

the scotch piper in lydiate every wednesday

the scotch piper in lydiate every wednesday - Forums [Biker Match] the scotch piper in lydiate every wednesday - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

the scotch piper in lydiate every wednesday

perhaps should put thin on the forum instead of on here

anyway weekly bike meet at the scotch piper in lydiate

The Scotch Piper Inn, Lydiate, Merseyside, England is the oldest pubhistoric county of Lancashire. It is located on the A5147, 10 miles (16 km) from Liverpool and 10 miles (16 km) from Southport. of the The building is a Grade II* listed building and dates from 1320. It was originally known as "The Royal Oak", and sections of the trunk of the oak tree around which it was built are visible from the tap room. The building retains a thatched roof. There is also a well known bike meet every Wednesday, with bikers from up to 20km away visiting. It stands close to the site of Lydiate Hall and next to the remains of St Catherine's Chapel.earthwind x

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2010 17:53  

might have a ride up this week if its nice

Update Reply
dunans @ 28/06/2010 18:30  

Thanks for that Earthwind. Also, Oliver Cromwell and his men are reputed to have stopped for an ale or two there on their way to do battle at Preston.......

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 28/06/2010 18:33  

yer see fantastic and historic dunans you should have a trip up and yerself awokenangel you not that far away either, I could meet any one and show em the way (lol)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2010 23:06  

although you both coming rom different directions southport and wirral

Update Reply
earthwind @ 28/06/2010 23:07  

Other regulars include myself, Whiteairedfox, Suzisue, Pocketrocket and anyone else we can drag along. Visitors from Manchester will automatically be granted a temporary tourist visa

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/06/2010 23:37  

Well I'm unable to go anywhere on my bike as some a*******s tried to steal my bike the other night , but fortunately my next door neighbours heard them and chased thm off, but not before they had knackered the ignition barrell and then fecked the gear selector lever when they dropped it before running off. My fantastic neighbours (not knowing anything about bikes) CARRIED it back the 100 yards or so because they couldn't wheel it as it was in gear !! It's now languishing in the back yard awaiting a friend to sort out the gear selector lever so I can use it again. (Yes, I know, I should be able to do my own mechanics, but I can't ). Anyhoo, I was a regular at the Scotch until about 8 years ago when I moved away from Merseyside, and haven't been back since moving back nearly two years ago......

Update Reply
awokenangel @ 29/06/2010 11:34  

Oh what a bummer. When I used to have to keep the bike outside I got to the stage where I could change the ignition barrel on an XJ650 with my eyes shut I was doing it that often. Saved me from weeping, too

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/06/2010 14:32  

I hope you can get your bike sorted out for future runs up to the piper. AA what a ba..........d thing to happen :) What goes round comes round

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 14:54  

Its a great little place with tons of other bikers .... I mean bikes to perve at ;) If can get there ... I will see you there (thanx to Manchester pas from Wills there) lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 29/06/2010 17:53  

cant do this week will go next week if anyones going

Update Reply
dunans @ 29/06/2010 18:06  

Theres a few that go every week Dunans, so, see you there :)

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 29/06/2010 19:25  

yes go every week dunans

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 20:41  

Hey Earthwind, Wills and anyone else going ... me and Sheena are DEF going, so will see you there 8.30ish

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 29/06/2010 21:02  

excellent thats great see you there then :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 21:29  

see ya all there.............you have been warned..i'll doowt for a free supper !! lol xxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
willow @ 29/06/2010 21:29  

fantastic am glad you bike is sorted as well

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 21:35  

oohh so am i....i feel human again after getting out for a blast on sunday!!

Update Reply
willow @ 29/06/2010 21:58  

yes it sounded like a good run out lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 29/06/2010 22:05  

just getting ready for the piper now see you all later :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 30/06/2010 18:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email