MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2010 14:55  

eh hem TC .........................

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/06/2010 15:08  

I feel ill.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/06/2010 15:23  

Oh, for heavens sake.... Anatomically, there is no difference between a man and a woman's mouth.... (although if my memory serves me well, a sheep's is quite a bit different....) So we are saying it is ok to wave/nod at other bikers but snogging is a no no?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 24/06/2010 15:28  

Snogging passing bikers instead of waving at them, could be interesting! You'd be able to tell all the ones that do by their broken noses!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/06/2010 15:48  

Only if totally necessary snogging is a no no

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/06/2010 15:49  

rob 1050 plastic pigs are hilarious. you have a cheesy grin when you get in untill you get out. never laughed so much in a car, except when i ripped the engine out of my viva when wheel spinning it.

Update Reply
yamahama @ 24/06/2010 17:33  

LOL - cornering at 30 mph in a plastic pig - only time I looked out of a side window and saw blue sky

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 24/06/2010 19:41  

I don't think it's sport-bikes as-such, but a change in societies values.

I wave at everyone and my carer's trying to put a stop to it!

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 26/06/2010 15:36  

ave i missed some snogging BJ ?? what where who..................lol ps...it aint me !!!

Update Reply
willow @ 26/06/2010 20:16  

hey I get ignored by harley riders and the cruiser bunch just as much as the ultra sports bikes.......guess a jap VFR isn't cool enough for both groups.......... Then again the harley riders do always thank me after I stop to help them with there broken down bikes PMSL.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/06/2010 21:45  

They have NOT broken down, they are taking 'mechanical rest-breaks'... sheesh!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/06/2010 08:58  

Well being on a blade might put me in the sports bike catagory........just lol, but i do nod at all that i pass and find its not just sport bike riders who ignor others it seems to be across the board but yes the majority are on sports bikes, well it doesn't stop me nodding at them...

Update Reply
kindleman @ 05/07/2010 16:12  

i ride an old yzf thunderace and i nod to vertually everyone on the road and ive only been riding for last 2 years so this probably suggests its the riders attitudes (there is a lot of ignorant CU*TS about)

Update Reply
yzf.rider @ 05/09/2010 09:22  

When I'm on my Tiger, I find I'm getting nods from GS riders but not sports one... On my Street, it's the opposite...!! There is a bit of snubbery me think!!

Update Reply
brigadoon @ 06/09/2010 12:35  

Only just read this thread cos it caught my eye whilst browsing posts, and thought to myself what does it matter whether anyone waves at us or not, personally I dont care if you wave or not, we are still in a free country, I ride a zx9 and if being pedantic I would call it a sports tourer, and I wave at anything that passes me, except when Ive got the right wrist twisted and the pedals going round like mad, but even then I still manage a nod, if I'm passing a group going in the other direction I will nod or wave at the first one that passes, if I wave at all of them then I'm not really concentrating properly on my own riding.
If we could all start by accepting that all 2 wheelers are motorcycles and not put each type into a category.
Lets all get out there and wave at everything on 2 wheels and the habit of doing it might come back.
My favourites are the 50cc L plated scooters, you can wave nod shake a leg at them all day but theyre too busy holding on to the bars for dear life to get a hand off.
The best wave I ever got was a BMW rider on the M4, I was in the outside lane going West and he was in the opposite o/s lane both doing about 80-85, this bloke stood up, let go of the bars and gallantly bowed to me, gave me a smile for the rest of the day. Live and let live, theres plenty of road out there for all of us.

PS snogging is deffo out of the question, well at least till I get to know you better

Update Reply
wheelbarrow @ 06/09/2010 20:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email