MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Are Sports Bikes Unstable On Public Roads?

Two wheels good Four Wheels bad And I don't think that the pigs are intellectuals neither!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 22/06/2010 19:23  

i've got 2 bikes is that bad?

Update Reply
yamahama @ 22/06/2010 19:25  

having read all the posts I think i am going to wave , nod and shake my leg all at the same time . This i think is guaranteed to get a response from the oncoming Biker, if only to help pick me off the floor having dumped my unstable Sports Bike !!!!

Update Reply
Eltel @ 22/06/2010 19:44  

@ Tel

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 22/06/2010 19:45  

sports bikes unstable ? probably because the rider can not look up never mind lift arm higher then bars lol they dont seam to acknowledge other riders at all now days i still nod wave or whatever but they just go flying past then i hurl verbal abuse at them

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 22/06/2010 19:47  

In over 30 years of riding (I can't drive, so I ride quite a lot) I've noticed certain patterns to waving/acknowledgment from other motorcyclists... just my personal obsrvations here -

Riders on newer Harleys, Wings and BMW's never wave first or respond. Nor does anyone wearing a t-shirt/shorts or similar on a sportsbike.

Newer cruiser riders, other sportsbike riders and the rest - it's a lottery. Probably 50/50 there, though response goes up to virtually 100% if the rider has a black/tinted visor, or plain black leathers (rare in London)

Riders of older bikes respond to me far more often than not pretty much regardless of make. That includes HD chops, unfaired Wings and scruffy old BMW's.

Riders of matt black/khaki/cammo rat/survival bikes almost always wave or respond to me - as does anyone wearing a Simpson helmet, pretty much regardless of bike.

Like I said, just my personal observations there, YMMV.

I can't help thinking that the fact that I ride an old V-Max, wear a matt black Simpson helmet and all black, old fashioned scruffy leathers might have some bearing on the matter...

Update Reply
Warhed @ 22/06/2010 21:03  

I was on the M25 demo at the weekend. A great mix of all types of bikes from scooters to sports bikes to chops and cruisers.

As the vast majority of these riders had obviously never ridden in a pack it was quite interesting that whenever we went under a bridge they would wave and "toot" their horns to the people watching. Obviously this meant slowing down while they looked for the horn switch and wobble whilst trying to wave. At 50mph with about 3' clearance between bikes was great fun.
I very quickly made my way to the front where none of the idiots could virtually stop in front of me :-) Although that was a mean feat as all the sports bike riders were determined to reach the front too. They didnt know a sporty could be ridden like a sports bike so I managed to p*** off a few in the bargain.

Best was on the way back from central London when I left a few of them standing at the lights (although I did have to throw out the anchor and the kitchen sink before being able to stop at the next set, and thats with uprated front brakes lol)

I did get a lot of waves on my way home afterwards (still had my demo bib on) but going round the M25 today to my physio appointment I didnt get one nod or wave returned.

Oh how fickle the few

Update Reply
smokey_1_uk @ 22/06/2010 21:28  

I think a new club shoudl be formed ..........

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <![endif]--> Nod Every Rider Diligently Society
what do you think ????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/06/2010 11:49  

Only if Noddy Holder is President!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/06/2010 11:59  

I guess really after reading all on here I have to consider myself a lucky one ,,,

I ride a sports bike but will nod or wave (not brave enough for the foot out yet) to any rider I meet or pass.

Being out with people on here en-mass since I had my little bike I dont think I do badly in a pack (someone from the egg run will correct me if I am wrong)

I am very lucky that I have for friends people who fill all the criteria that has been listed as being rude or ignorant riders (Harley riders, sitting upright, BMW riders, etc etc ) and I can honestly say that not one of them is like that

Just goes to show, there is not a mould we all fit into

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/06/2010 20:13  

never really thought about it until I read this thread, but have noticed a decline in the nodding to a fellow biker.

But today I had 3 bikes not acknowledge me, and they had one thing in common, and you can guess what that was. Whether that is a coincidence I dont know

Update Reply
catman61 @ 23/06/2010 20:26  

@ Rattay .... in an earlier post you forgot to add .... 3 wheels bloody terrible .... lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2010 20:40  

I want to join the NERDS with BJ

Update Reply
yamahama @ 23/06/2010 22:19  

It seems odd that we (myself included) feel miffed when a nod isn't returned (while out riding) yet how happy would we be if the other person had an accident cos they were busy keeping us happy with a nod or a wave? We need all our concentration to stay alive out there so don't feel so hard done by when your nod / wave isn't returned. I see no point in nodding while riding on a motorway, most riders are travelling too fast to spot it. Hopefully lack of nods isn't due to them not being able to see us lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/06/2010 22:27  

Yeah BJ and Yammy are NERDS

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/06/2010 10:19  

"3 Wheels bloody terrible" I think my daughter would agree with you FT! When she was born over 21 years ago I brought her home from hospital in a 'plastic pig' - Reliant Regal van. She still hasn't forgiven me for that!

Update Reply
Rattay @ 24/06/2010 12:19  

"3 Wheels bloody terrible" LOL - in fairness had a go in a sideacar, attached to an 1100 Yam at the weekend. Might be unstable, but it's the best way to attempt powerslides on a bike Not sure plastic pigs could ever be described as fun tho

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 24/06/2010 12:57  

I had quite a fun night with a plastic sheep once....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 24/06/2010 14:38  

I hope it was an ewe, we don't want any ponces on here!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/06/2010 14:45  

You hope it wasn' me?
Aw, XK, I didn't know you cared...
*big sloppy kiss on your lips.... WITH tongue*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 24/06/2010 14:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email