MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Silverstone a success?

Silverstone a success? - Forums [Biker Match] Silverstone a success? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Silverstone a success?

Well, I watched all the racing today and I've gotta say after all the "will it/won't it be good?" arguments I was mightily impressed! Lorenzo was in a different race, but the battle behind him was great. (and Spies managed an impressive 3rd - the guy is quick). So, what did everyone else think?

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 20/06/2010 21:59  

I don't follow it so can't comment, well other than to say I don't follow it lol (I think there's some Oirish in me genes)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/06/2010 22:01  

I agree good racing by all the guys

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 20/06/2010 22:08  

yep, I thought the 125, the Moto2 & the last few laps of the Gp was absolutely briliiant. The track looks bl**dy good aswell - longest one on the circuit & could possibly be the fastest one aswell. Can't wait for the WSBK in August as I'M GOING will then be able to comment on what it's like being a spectatoras I've never been before, but have heard some bad reports about it not being that good for viewing.....(well the old circuit, as apparently they've put or are putting some new stands in)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/06/2010 22:14  

moto2 was mental nearly as fast as moto gp and riding like 125's for the hole race flipin ace but i did miss donington though

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/06/2010 23:12  

ive gotta agree was good race but not just not the same without rossi hope hes back soon hes god on wheels to me xx

Update Reply
yamashirlz @ 21/06/2010 23:23  

no one has mentioned Ben Spies,maybe the next Rossi,before anybody shoots me,Rossi is my hero and always will be,but Lorenzo and Ben will be ready to take over Rossi,s crownwhen he is ready to give it up,and i do hope that is not soon.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 21/06/2010 23:45  

Its a flat track and well spread out so unless your near one of the big screens you miss loads. They are ment to be putting in banks to improve the viewing think trying to get them in for F1. All felt a bit big buissness and corprate The racing was great with the support racing being just as exciting as the main events

Update Reply
micksaway @ 22/06/2010 00:43  

Brands is my "local" circuit and I think for viewing probably the best in the country.
Silverstone gave some great racing so from a telly point of view would-be difficult to fault it.

It's crap for watching there though so being able to see a big screen is essential.
But even at Brands, if they're using the long circuit it is.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 26/06/2010 08:44  

Bring on Silverstone! Going on Sunday so will check it out and see how good it is and what the hypes about!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2010 07:28  

Superbikes at Siverstone was excellent!! My first time there, I loved it, just wish I'd been able to go to gp. Definitely going next year to gp and superbikes for both weekends.

Update Reply
mandi jay @ 06/08/2010 16:25  

What Grandstand do you all think is good viewing for bikes? Am I right in saying generall access ticket alone doen't get you to see much at all at Silverstone?

Update Reply
njl @ 06/08/2010 19:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email