MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Warning to ALL BikerMatch members!

Warning to ALL BikerMatch members! - Forums [Biker Match] Warning to ALL BikerMatch members! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Warning to ALL BikerMatch members!

we have a number of spammers joining the website this weekend, using stolen credit cards to upgrade their account. We're doing our best to keep on top of these, but there is one similarity between them all.. THEY ALL SEND OUT THOUSANDS OF PRIVATE MESSAGES GIVING OUT THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS AND ASKING YOU TO EMAIL THEM!!!! Fool you if you fall for this and do indeed email them, because you'll soon be bombarded with junk email. THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT ALLOW EMAIL ADDRESSES TO BE SENT VIA PRIVATE MESSAGES.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 12:29  

Yep I've had a couple of members PM me to check out empty pms this morning... Anything you're not sure about please contact one of the Mods and DO NOT RESPOND to these people.

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/06/2010 12:32  

hav,nt had any thanks for the warning

Update Reply
madhat @ 15/06/2010 13:01  

usually sent to the guys on the website, from obviously fake female profiles. Always read the profile, see how 'English' the text reads. Some are just nonsense and it's a dead giveaway

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 13:24  

Thanks matt , will kep eye out

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/06/2010 13:44  

Thanks Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/06/2010 14:16  

I'm receiving LOTS of emails from people wondering why their PM or Nod isn't visible even though they received an email saying they had received one. If you ever get an email to say you have a new PM, but don't see any new PM... it's because a moderator has removed the spammer.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 16:03  

Yip Matt got one this afternoon. Young female giving it all the slushy bit, with e-mail address spelt out but with profile blocked, set alarm bells ringing. Nice to see you guys are on top of it, keep up the good work.

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 15/06/2010 16:23  

Yup, i had a couple today. They gotta be fake cus they were from women!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 15/06/2010 16:49  

I received notification of a nod by e-mail, but when I accessed the site there was a nod (from a man!) from two weeks ago of which I hadn't been notified at the time. So is something else going on at the same time?

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 15/06/2010 17:37  

Thanks for the tip off

Update Reply
WillPool @ 15/06/2010 17:50  

damn! I got one too and I thought somebody liked me!! Oh, are we allowed to name and shame if we know the profile name?

Update Reply
brad_the_impaler @ 15/06/2010 17:55  

Lol @ BB, I'll PM you if you're feeling unwanted

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/06/2010 18:22  

If you have a PM or Nod and you don't think it's legit... PLEASE EMAIL THE MODERATORS IMMEDIATELY VIA THE CONTACT PAGE. We have had MANY today and I'm sure there are more. Please help us to find these idiot spammers who are ruining our community. Do NOT list their usernames in the forum as you may not be right in thinking they're a spammer. Let us investigate and remove the account.

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 18:25  

RC you could end up being rather busy with that offer

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 15/06/2010 18:27  

Matt ... was the PM that just went out really off you ?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/06/2010 19:00  

Yes, I've just sent a PM to every member because I've had around 20 emails today already and I'm sick of replying to them all lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 19:07  

LOL no probs then .. I just wondered

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 15/06/2010 19:10  

And I actually thought the pretty lil lady liked this old duffer

Update Reply
old red @ 15/06/2010 19:41  

ok this is ridiculous!! Now I'm getting emails asking if the Private Message I just sent is genuine because people are suspicious of it and don't want to open the PM! I can't win, seriously lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/06/2010 21:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email