MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

IOM TT - Mad Sunday crash

IOM TT - Mad Sunday crash - Forums [Biker Match] IOM TT - Mad Sunday crash - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

IOM TT - Mad Sunday crash

oops!!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-videos/2010-mad-sunday-crash-caught-on-camera/11957.html

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 13/06/2010 20:24  

Looks like he over estimated his abilities!

Update Reply
Mr.Frenchie @ 13/06/2010 20:42  

mad sunday living upto its name although it should be renamed "mad sunday mountian road close due to dickheads that cant stay on two wheels"

Update Reply
firebladepaul37 @ 13/06/2010 21:20  

More plastic for the recycling....It would be interesting to know the ratio of race rep bike accidents compared to street bike/cruisers....not being morbid....just a thought.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2010 21:23  

Dont think gaffer tape will sort that one

Update Reply
micksaway @ 13/06/2010 21:25  

I think the camera bike did real well to avoid the bits!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2010 21:42  

And he was doing so well! Anyway, I've gone off Aprilias in the last few years so I can't say I'm particularly sorry to see one trashed especially by so incompetent a rider.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 13/06/2010 22:03  

what was the twit doing, he did't seem to be to fast, just did't lean the bike over

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 14/06/2010 01:05  

Serves him right. There was barely enough room for him to squeeze past between the camera bike and the wall. There was even less room for the stunt he was trying to pull on the bike in front. It's nice to see the dangerous tool come a cropper instead of an innocent rider for a change. I have an under-developed pity gland.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2010 02:26  

Lol bloomin lucky he didnot take out the bike in front and the camera bike too!

But that's how mad Sunday gets it's name, and also why in TT week, most who live on the island take thier holidays and go away!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/06/2010 04:03  

wow is that how guy martin crashed then ? did the rider get hurt and was he drunk by chance coz he certainly didnt look like he was able to judge the bends specialy as he was on a straight bit

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/06/2010 23:43  

QUOTE S66
<More plastic for the recycling....It would be interesting to know the ratio of race rep bike accidents compared to street bike/cruisers....not being morbid....just a thought.>

Maybe the number of sports bike riders on the IoM during TT week far outnumbers the amount of cruisers, and they generally tend to be ridden harder because they can be.

I've seen appalling riding from cruiser riders and sports bike riders in equal amounts. The type of bike you ride doesn't determine your ability.

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 15/06/2010 10:59  

As crashes go that was rather pathetic - he just didn't make any attempt to turn in any harder when it was obvious he was barely going to make it. It's not like he was anywhere near the limit either.

Dumb-ass

Update Reply
Daytona_man @ 15/06/2010 11:05  

Incompetant pr*t. He was lucky he didn't take anyone else down aswell Hopefully he'll not get back on a bike again.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 15/06/2010 16:11  

You should see the slatting this rider has recived on the IOMTT forum. The rider walked away from the accident with only damage to his pride, bike and wallet. There are lots of moto x rider over at the tt, perphaps he forgot what bike he was riding that day. The mountain was open most of mad sunday one of the only years it has been, after intoducing the one way system there has been a reduction in accidents. And it is great to have a ride across with your friends.

Update Reply
gsxr_mad _racing @ 15/06/2010 23:57  

Think it been oneway for a long time, couple of years ago when i was there they were holding riders back at Ramsey after accidents then letting them go in groups of about 20, it was like the start of a road race

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 16/06/2010 00:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email