MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Advanced Uploader - Please use it!

Advanced Uploader - Please use it! - Forums [Biker Match] Advanced Uploader - Please use it! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Advanced Uploader - Please use it!

Friends, Please can I ask you to always use the Advanced Uploader when possible to upload photos into your account. It cost the club a lot of money to have that and it does a lot of magical things! The biggest advantages are that it compresses your photos before uploading, saving space on the server and also network traffic while you upload the file. It also rotates your photos however you like and prevents you from accidentally uploading tiny thumbnail images (which aren't allowed). And of course you can also upload up to 200 photos at a time, not the 8 photos the Simple Uploader allows. Thanks!

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/06/2010 18:03  

But please sir,,boss sir,,,,my old cranky computer doesn't like it sir,,boss sir !!!

And you know the state of my equipment Matt,,,you've had your hands on it once before !!!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 02/06/2010 18:07  

Advanced uploader Im sure Bj has told you Im still working with crayons but I will try

Update Reply
JP @ 02/06/2010 18:12  

lol, it's there to make your lives easier!!! It simplifies everything. There's also 2 versions, one works on Internet Explorer (ActiveX) and one works on all other browsers (Java).... ALL browsers! If it doesn't work for you, please let me know. (though if you've been conned into buying a Mac then it's your own fault and I can't help you lol, but it should officially work on a Mac also). If your computer can't run it, install Java from www.java.com (only applies to non-internet explorer browsers)

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/06/2010 18:16  

It's just really slow on my comp, and upsets me system Matt :)

By the time it's loaded, I could've uploaded all me pics on the standard system!!

So yeah,,it prob does work,,,,but I would be snapping the Xmas party pics while waiting for the summer BBQ pics to upload !!! lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 02/06/2010 18:20  

Sounds odd, it's really a tiny program. It's the same (exactly the same!) as what Facebook use. When you open a folder of images though, it creates a thumbnail of them all. This can take a while if there's 200 pics in the folder for example.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/06/2010 19:58  

Used it ... and was easier and quicker than other way

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 02/06/2010 19:59  

well a was trying to upload photo,s and it did,nt seem to work BUT then a noticed that 1 your talking about and BOOMMMM it done thank u boss man x

Update Reply
madhat @ 06/06/2010 23:54  

it dosnt work on my computer matt ! so easyer to use other one

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 07/06/2010 00:03  

Only uploads 100 at a time :o( And takes them out of sequence too, the trike build I've been doing I had 4 goes at up loading all pics in one hit but had to break them down into chunks as it seamed to load them as they compleated their down load rather than in the order they were saved/taken :o(

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 07/06/2010 02:55  

My comp doesn't like the FB site at all either Matt,,,,and I've never uploaded pics onto FB either.

I have java installed, but the whole advanced system takes the time to load,,,prob the upload of the pics would be quicker itself, but waiting for the prog to load to do that takes an age!!!

It takes 5 mins just to boot up me comp !!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 07/06/2010 09:47  

Think those spectrum 64 comps that some people own need updating lol........it won't work with valves lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2010 17:28  

I'm still on cassette drive !!!! lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 07/06/2010 23:05  

wondered what all them funny noises were you were makin

uploader dont like firefox but takes ages to load on explorer

Update Reply
yamahama @ 07/06/2010 23:16  

Yam, it works fine on Firefox. I've tested it on my PCs. Everytime I get my hands on a PC at a friend's house I test it and it's never not worked for me. If you have all your settings standard, don't block things like Java, then it will work fine. HullRider, the problem there is that if you select 100 images then it splits it up into 3 groups and starts resizing and uploading dynamically to save time and speed it all up for you. Would it be better if I made it so it did one at a time during the upload stage in order to keep the sorting??

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/06/2010 23:21  

It'd be better to be able to select group or single if you have a history to protect select the single option, but if you just have a weekends worth of random pics then group. If it's not possable then I do not think it'll effect many it's just what I'd observed. The trike pics are only 40ish but it still mixed them up.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 08/06/2010 00:13  

Matt could you programme it so that we can move the photos around say by dragging them? Please? Also be good if we could edit the title of our album(s) and have a bit more room for individual photo titles. I notice a lot of profiles (including your own) have the same problem, not enough room for all the text.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/06/2010 00:49  

Why have any uploading facility at all!!
Most people are on photobucket ,picassa or whatever photo hosting site they choose then they simply link the photo to the thread using no server space at all!
Im a moderator on a mpv forum and our overheads are less than £200 per year to host the forum
....Nick.

Update Reply
oitsnik @ 08/06/2010 17:52  

matts on the hard sell again lol dont use fire fox and im not changing to it just so i can use the uploader !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 08/06/2010 19:08  

Nick, photobucket is ok til the photo is moved out of the album or deleted from it., then the link becomes a broken one. It took a nano-second for me to upload the A U so it wasn't a hassle.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/06/2010 00:12  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email