MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Southerners Ride Out - idea

Southerners Ride Out - idea - Forums [Biker Match] Southerners Ride Out - idea - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Southerners Ride Out - idea

Hi all,

It seems we don't have much in the way of ride outs planned for the south so I though I'd see who fancied doing one and if anyones interested I'll organise it.

I have a great run in mind, starting early morning at Ockham Common just off the M25 / A3 junction, riding the back roads through Surrey, Sussex and Hampshire to end up on Hayling island where you can park on the beach front. Theres a great cafe which will do a big breakfast for everyone (they'll even put on extra staff if they know we are coming).

I was thinking of one sunday in July, starting early so we're down there for around 10:30am.

Anyone interested?

Cheers

BB

Update Reply
insanedj @ 25/05/2010 19:51  

I hope you're going to meet in daylight hours, if not some of you boys in leather are going to be in for a shock !!! ;-O

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 25/05/2010 20:12  

LOL Nick do I take it boys in leather are on the menu then ...... If I can get my bike back on the rode by then will put my name down for it

Update Reply
jabecs @ 25/05/2010 22:48  

Sounds like a plan.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 25/05/2010 22:52  

It used to be 'the place' to park up for abit of extra-curricular about 20yrs ago. I used to ride horses thru the car-park, tap on the sunroofs with my stick & politely inquire wot the time was,then ride off cackling (I was an evil cow back then too).
These days it's more of a men only venue :-D

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 25/05/2010 23:35  

I was really puzzled by your first comment, now I get it. We'll be sure to be there when the suns up

Update Reply
insanedj @ 25/05/2010 23:47  

could be up for this and jan we will get your bike up and running hun

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 25/05/2010 23:50  

Best leave the Mankini at home for this one though Sumo..

Update Reply
old red @ 25/05/2010 23:57  

I wish you luck in getting this event off the ground. I've been suggesting meetings at Boxhill, H's in Oxfordshire, Jack's Café in Towcester and more recently meeting in Essex - Burnham-on-Crouch to Heybridge where some bands will be playing this weekend, only to be met by apathy. The post is well towards the bottom of the second page the last time I looked at it and if it weren't for Kwack refreshing it, it would be even further down.

If I'm free at the appointed time in July, I'll try to join you but don't expect an overwhelming response from members in the South.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 26/05/2010 07:10  

IF I get things sorted out my end will definately be up for it :)

Update Reply
madR6 @ 26/05/2010 08:44  

Well I guess I'll give it a try Cata and see what happens, will set up an event and start pm'ing the locals - if we get a dozen bikes I'll be happy!

Update Reply
insanedj @ 26/05/2010 19:16  

Well I guess I'll give it a try Cata and see what happens, will set up an event and start pm'ing the locals - if we get a dozen bikes I'll be happy!

Update Reply
insanedj @ 26/05/2010 19:16  

3 posts blast ?!! crikey you really want to make your meet known about, either that or up your posts lol As a suggestion, get in touch with my mate Pob down in Reading (ZZrpilot), he's just got over an accident and would love this rideout x

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 26/05/2010 22:03  

thats what happens when I try and post using my phone on the train home from work! Thx, Nutkin - will drop Pob a PM

Update Reply
insanedj @ 26/05/2010 22:19  

Ok, the event is up.... in events of course - join up or I'll be all on my lonesome

Update Reply
insanedj @ 26/05/2010 23:12  

http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_detai...ent_id=888

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/05/2010 23:33  

I've added my name to the event so your not on your own but will depend on recovery of wrist and leg if I actually make it.

Update Reply
jabecs @ 27/05/2010 00:00  

Update Reply
insanedj @ 28/05/2010 18:47  

Think I'm off that w/e, so as long as I climb out of my pit on time I should be able to make it.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 28/05/2010 20:04  

Oh, wish I could come - couldn't you have picked a different w/e? Off to the HDRCUK Eastbourne Rally that w/e otherwise I would have dragged the Kentish section along

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 30/05/2010 22:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email