MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bike Jackers pounce at petrol station

Bike Jackers pounce at petrol station  - Forums [Biker Match] Bike Jackers pounce at petrol station  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bike Jackers pounce at petrol station

A motorcyclist has told of being attacked by three hooded and balaclava-wearing bike-jackers at a petrol station while staff failed to call the police. Dramatic CCTV images show the rider being dragged off his Yamaha R6 and kicked and punched to the ground by two assailants while the third attempts to start the bike. The victim, who was wearing his crash helmet, managed to fight off his two attackers and push the third away from his bike. But in the struggle one of the assailants snatched the keys and alarm fob before the three fled. Police have advised replacing the bike’s locks, alarm and immobiliser – at a cost of £2365 – to prevent the gang stealing it later. The 26-year-old victim, who asked not to be named, had just paid for fuel in West Dulwich, south London, when the attack took place at 10pm on April 28. He said: "I fought off two assailants and managed to get to my feet and push the man attempting to start the bike. He staggered back, off balance, while trying to get what could have been a weapon from his pocket. "I turned back to the other two to see one dash towards the bike, grab the keys and run. The remaining two then seemed to panic and also ran off. "When I asked a moment later if the police were coming, the attendant said, ‘No. I thought you were playing.’" A spokesman for the garage, a Shell franchise, said: "I think it happened quite quickly. Because the bike was still there the member of staff must have thought they were messing about." A Met spokesman said: "The victim was paying for petrol and as he returned to his bike, he was approached by three suspects who assaulted him and tried to pull him to the floor. One of the suspects also tried to start the bike. "After a brief struggle, the three suspects made off with the keys to the bike."

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/05/2010 11:51  

......‘No. I thought you were playing.’........" Jeeeeeez !! So will he be able to claim off his insurance for the replacement lock etc?

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/05/2010 12:04  

For future reference i best rem not to chase JP round the petrol station calling him names in case someone thinks were not playing !!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/05/2010 12:08  

*So will he be able to claim off his insurance for the replacement lock etc?*

Doubt he will Karey as there was no damage to the bike, locks or alarm. He might be able to claim for a new key cut!!

South London with hoodies! hmmmm nuff said eh!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/05/2010 13:09  

hmmmm..not good. I would want to sell my bike if it was me. I would never feel safe leaving it parked up again.

Update Reply
Karey @ 25/05/2010 13:15  

Whoops!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/05/2010 13:27  

Sounds like it was one of those chancer things and he probably took the keys to stop the rider giving chase. I know these hoodies are quick but I doubt they'd match 0-100 in 6 seconds even with their Air Max on!!

Someone will probably find the keys thrown over a wall somewhere.

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/05/2010 13:31  

After I pulled into a petrol station at 2am (also in south London) a transit followed me in 4 blokes piled out. As I was filling up they started asking inane questions 'how fast does it go? don't you get scared?' etc etc. I could see wot was gonna happen as soon as I turned my back so I put £9.99 worth of petrol in & waved at the guy on the till. Luckily he realised wot I'd done & let them know he'd called the police over the tannoy,needless to say they left pretty sharpish.
I was quite scared at the time,being a lone female in that situation wasn't nice. So now I try to always fill up at 'sensible' hours & use the pay at the pump if possible.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 25/05/2010 13:57  

If the insurance won't pay for new locks/alarm etc, I'd be tempted to go to the DVLA and see if it's possible to have a new regisitration number issued. Not a 100per cent solution, but it wojuld make it a lot more difficult for the scrotes if they have kept the keys for possible future use. I know of one lady BM member who thought she was about to lose her bike in similar circumstances, although in the end they left and it didn't happen. Still pretty frightening though.

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/05/2010 13:58  

Apparently according to another customer at that Shell garage this is a common occurence. Guess where I wouldn't be caught filling up?

Update Reply
DG99 @ 25/05/2010 14:49  

anyone care to say which petrol station it was, for others to benefit? And also for any other incident, please let us know where it happened. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/05/2010 15:14  

In the article it just says a Shell station in West Dulwich, South London

Update Reply
DG99 @ 25/05/2010 15:37  

Croxted Motors, Croxted Road, West Dulwich. Just Google "Shell" and "West Dulwich" and then check back on Google Maps/Street View and compare with the CCTV stills on the MCN website. Maybe I should get a life? The incident to the BM rider was up here in the north west, btw.

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/05/2010 15:47  

i like the way the police just repeat what they were told ! i realy dosnt make them sound like they have a clue dose it but good on the fella for fighting them off

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 25/05/2010 16:03  

Good to see the police are watching this garage so it doesn't happen again

Update Reply
Doh Boy @ 25/05/2010 18:53  

The police 'watching the garage',.. hmm, no doubt having a look at the pump to see if there's room for them to fill up when they drive by! It's sounds as though they are as useless down there, as they are up here!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 25/05/2010 19:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email