MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Appropriate riding clothing

Appropriate riding clothing (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Appropriate riding clothing (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Appropriate riding clothing

I think the only people we should be concerned about wearing proper gear is ourselves,,,,,what other people want///or not want to wear is thier choice,,,,,,unless its somebody asking for advice,,,or new to biking and needs a bit of guidance in the right direction as to what to buy etc......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/05/2010 20:40  

Well as the summer is here & Ian will not let me ride without armoured trousers I have decided after reading through this to get some kevlar armoured jeans tomorrow ... will let you know how they feel

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/05/2010 21:00  

dont worry shell,,,,we will ask Ian how they feel,,,,and i am on about your jeans by the way!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/05/2010 21:04  

I can assure you shell they will feel great!!!..Especially(god forbid!) If you happen to suffer an off

Update Reply
old red @ 21/05/2010 21:24  

Well I already have full armoured textiles, but am finding riding a bigger bike & the extra heat with it being summer I am feeling ... rather hot & uncomfortable in them so want to try the jeans & see what they are like,

I jest when I say Ian wont let me, now I am using the bike for work, I do a lot of rush hour motorway riding ... no way would I not have full protection on

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/05/2010 21:28  

I'm surprised none of you have come up with the leather chaps! they can come in handy indoors too rofl x

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 23/05/2010 20:08  

does that mean we get to see pics to back that up then cant imagine what you mean

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2010 20:17  

loads of vest and shorts in southport today - the most ive ever seen.makes me hope they hadnt come far. must admit i ride like that local. cant bear leather jacket if im going to the shop or garage to fill up so i just go slow. had to ride home from brum on friday afternoon and chose uncomfortable to feel safer

Update Reply
dunans @ 23/05/2010 21:44  

would give you a pic but as you well know we are being censored lol

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 23/05/2010 21:46  

well,,,,we'll just use our imagination then

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/05/2010 21:55  

you sure you got enough of that hun?

Update Reply
Santa3644 @ 23/05/2010 21:57  

Well even out on the ride yesterday, removed the liner from my jacket & wore the jeans I got on sat, felt lovely on the bike, not to hot glad I got them now

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/05/2010 06:12  

Saw quite a few people in what i would call daft clothes over the weekend purely because of the heat, i was frickin melting but at least i was protected

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/05/2010 12:08  

Saturday on the M40 I passed a bandit with the pillion wearing a short skirt, trying to hold the thing down with one hand and clinging on with the other . . . unbelievable! Then today, a young lad, bare chested and wearing a rucksack . . . I wonder how the much bug hits were smarting when he got wherever he was going?! Kevlar jeans, boots, and armoured jacket all the way for me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/05/2010 15:22  

Just to put the frightners on all those who don't wear protective bike gear . . . . The skin is sort of classed as an organ which protects you against injury, infection and fluid loss as well as temperature control to name but a few uses. If you lose a large area of skin the chances of death (often slow and painfully) are high, as in burns, and a common factor in biker deaths. . . . Phew . . .medical lesson over. Was enough to get me heading for the nearest gear shop.

Update Reply
hellsgranny @ 24/05/2010 16:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email