MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Friends remove deceased's body from accident after bike smash

Friends remove deceased's body from accident after bike smash - Forums [Biker Match] Friends remove deceased's body from accident after bike smash - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Friends remove deceased's body from accident after bike smash

THE BODY OF A man killed riding a stolen off-road motorbike was taken from the scene of the accident by two of his friends, a court has heard. Daniel Oliver and Grant Smith bundled the body of Ricky Perry, 28, into a VW Golf following the fatal crash in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, in the early hours of September 21, 2009, an inquest has heard. Kettering Magistrates' Court were told in a statement how upon arriving at the scene of the crash Oliver and Smith had tried to attain whether Mr Perry had a pulse but could not find one. The pair then lifted the deceased into the back of their car and took his body to the home of his girlfriend, Danielle Hobbs. Both men were summonsed to appear in court but neither Oliver nor Smith turned up. In a statement, Mr Smith said: "When we reached Priory Road we took Ricky out of the car and put him in the recovery position. We were already talking to the emergency services." In a statement Mr Oliver admitted picking up Mr Perry and putting him in the car and said: "Before I moved Ricky I believe he may have already been dead." Collision investigator PC Keith Millard told the inquest: "I suspect he (Mr Perry) was already dead at the scene. Moving him didn't make any difference to the injuries sustained." Coroner Anne Pember recorded a verdict of accidental death. Mrs Perry said she hoped the story of her son's death would help save lives on the roads. She said: "We wanted to raise awareness for other parents and drum itinto their kids to wear a crash helmet and protective clothing." No mention of not nicking other people's property then?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 12:25  

omg you couldnt write into a comedy could you lol dead clever

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/05/2010 12:37  

BJ her son just wouldn't nick anything... not her son he's a good boy... that's what they all say, am sick of people blaming the police for chasing stolen cars/bikes and then when their kids get killed driving the things it's always the police's fault... these people get what they deserve in my opinion ! !

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 14/05/2010 12:42  

Twinnie !!!!!!!!!!!!!! sit in the corner

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 12:42  

Not sure why they moved the body, but I assume bike thieves aren't looking for sympathy

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 14/05/2010 12:44  

FG i have to agree the world has gone mad !!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 12:46  

Presumably they moved the guy to try and disassociate him from the stolen bike. I can't think of any other reason. 

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2010 12:53  

yeh, that sounds about right Gary

Update Reply
Karey @ 14/05/2010 12:54  

Still bloody stupid of them, how was his girlfriend going to explain a dead body with obvious crash injuries lying on her sofa .................. i just woke up and there he was officer !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 12:59  

Reminds me of a similarity last year. Two lads stole a bike from a neighbouring town and rode it through our town (north of Cov). They pulled up at a petrol station, filled up and done a runner without paying. A mile later they crashed, one dead and one seriously injured. The next day the rumours had it they were part of our bike club. A week later our pub was surrounded by police to see if any bikers rode off over the dd limit. Needless to say all the bikes were left in the pub garden that night! None of us in the club either knew or knew of the two youth's that were involved.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 14/05/2010 13:04  

Happened in his sleep?I've woken up with a broken rib before, and another time with a bloody nose, maybe he inflicted multiple broken bones and internal injuries in his sleep? I doubt if they were really thinking of how to explain it, it would have just been a reaction. They were also probably hoping that he wasn't actually dead, and was just "pining for the fjords". Or something.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2010 13:06  

Kinky sex gone wrong sounds good to me ( er.. not the kinky sex you understand ..... but using it as an excuse...) No sympathy whatsover in the slightest.... poetic justice.... If he hadn't knicked the bike he would not have needed a crash helmet... One less scumbag on the streets.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2010 13:11  

Bluey kinky sex now is it .............. and wen were you goin to tell me about this lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 14:16  

Sorry was just thinking about the headlines....... " Man found dead after frantic ride and high speed blow out"... anyway... what's sex ???? Sill got no sympathy for him.......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2010 15:44  

*** note to self get copy of Karma Sutra for Bluey !!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/05/2010 15:45  

You can have my copy, I've just finished it lol......... in my dreams....and no broken ribs etc etc lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2010 17:45  

One less bike thief so all in all not a bad ending

Update Reply
micksaway @ 15/05/2010 12:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email