MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Why did you upgrade your BM account?

Why did you upgrade your BM account? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Why did you upgrade your BM account? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Why did you upgrade your BM account?

Matt I joined the site initially as a dating site because I wanted to meet someone who was also interested in bikes and I think that's why a lot of people take a look. As a dating site BM is a lot cheaper than other dating sites so I didn't mind paying full subs immediately. It didn't take long to realise tho the ladies are way outnumbered by the men on here and after a week of furious PM'in (kid in the sweetshop syndrome) I realised there were very few ladies in my area and the site is full of inactive profiles so it's a bit pants on the dating front!!

On the flip side as a social site it's fantastic but the fact there's loads going on socially makes it a victim of it's own success. New people looking through the site find loads of peeps know each other (unlike other dating sites) and it must be intimidating for the less confident people to get involved. And why pay a monthly subscription to chat in forums etc when there's loads of free alternatives?? People pay 20 squid a month for a good dating site as they're looking to change their lives by finding someone special and are willing to invest the time and money.

I think you should promote the dating aspects of the site to encourage more ladies to join (not for me of course as i'm quite happy being single still )

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 19/04/2010 19:45  

Matt ... you are well cheeky ...lol Thats my actual size ;) lmao ...and ....erm, he is showing me and have new pics ready to go on :P

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 19/04/2010 20:33  

Lol.... i allways compare the cost of things too beer ! must be a standard thing

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 19/04/2010 20:38  

aj when you start comparing beer to beer that's when you've become an old fart so enjoy while you're still young

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 20/04/2010 08:17  

Hi I've been a full member before then let it lapse as I didn't have as much time as I liked socializing on here, but as Im single again I renewed in the hope of finding a like minded biker pal and other friends to hand out with. Since renewing have struck up many mighty fine conversations which if I hadn't of been a full member wouldnt have enjoyed so thanks for the site. ps one recently was from someone who had been given your little freebie.

Update Reply
Runeprincess @ 20/04/2010 20:05  

Some of us stick around cos we hav such a larf!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2010 20:08  

and I stick around cos no one else will put up with me

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/04/2010 22:22  

I can't remember why I upgraded Matt, been on here a few years now.... my last renewal was because I wanted to look at a mates event pics on here a few months ago.... go into chat when I feel like it, other than that, not a lot really

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 20/04/2010 22:53  

Hello Matt, It's the batty members that lured me. Originally I was just a voyeur - so to speak. But the forum ramblings made me want more. I was a bit disapointed cos as I kept an eye on the meets they were mostly nights out miles away, so when there was one in Matlock a month ago I thought I get off my backside and come along - and I joined to post on the forum re the meet. I joined the Brum to Squires run this Sunday and had a great day. Have been invited to the nights out miles away, with the offer of somewhere to kip in both Manchester and Birmingham, and have been encouraged to get my name down for a few other things! I know I suggested a couple of improvements the other day, but remember I asked if this was your day job. I'm a Business Improvement Analyst and my day job is spotting flaws, which I am borne to, so if I only come up with a couple there's really nothing wrong. I have just renewed for the first time, and didn't hesitate! So just keep doing what you're doing...

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 20/04/2010 23:40  

Can,t remember why(or even when)I became a full paid up member of the Tufty club TBH Matt Just know it does me good to pop in here every now & again & catch up on the latest gossip!! And the fact I can,t find my way out of here has something to do with me staying I think..

Update Reply
old red @ 20/04/2010 23:47  

*hands old red a diary and a white stick*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2010 15:31  

Being a new member who has been given the upgrade option for a week, I must say I will be paying for the upgrade once the 'freebie' has expired. I joined the site thinking it was purely a biker dating site and having no luck recently on a 'straight' dating site thought I would have a better chance of meeting someone of the same ilk. Initially I sent off a load of 'nods' and once I had explored the site more (I'm a bit slow in that respect, it took me a few days to realise it included a substantial forum area) the penny dropped! I have been a member of a few biker sites previously- all teresterone and machismo! So it's a refreshing change to have some female perspectives, bringing their values and views to the site. On some sites people try and get round paying by passing on their email addresses sometimes even in code! To stop this some sites only allow paid up members to send out PM's with non paid up members unable to reply. As BM is more than just a dating site I don't think that would work. The initial free week 'lured' me in to allow enough time to understanding what the site was about and I think after that period new, unpaid members should not be able to receive or send PM's or receive or send nods. They could access the site and read threads but not reply to any posts (I think that's what happens now?) So maybe a free first week of full membership is the way to go, most people who are interested in the full site's content will then join and if there not interested do you want them still? Getting a horrible feeling I'm teaching granny to suck eggs here but has you can see I will be capable of boring you all to death in the future - Lol Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 21/04/2010 15:33  

Iv joined to full memberhood because iv already met some lovely folk on here, Rockchick123 is one of them. From the guys and girls I chatted to so far i found you very welcoming. Much better than other forums iv been on such as the cf trust one.

I hope to be seeing some of you soon at some of the up coming bike meets :)

Adz

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 21/04/2010 20:49  

The freebie week worked for me Matt, basically was able to use all the facilities as it were and didn't want to go back to not being able to.

As I said in another post, I've never paid for it before so you are now officially a whore and my biatch

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2010 08:57  

Thanks for all the comments so far, they're all being taken on board and I'll review soon what I'm going to do over the summer. lol great SF, just what I always wanted! :-P

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2010 21:05  

I decided to try full membership as soon as I discovered I could now do so from in front of my PC with my credit/debit card.

I'd considered becoming a full member for quite a while previously but the apparent hassle involved in paying put me off. I'm seriously lazy like that I'm afraid.

Update Reply
Warhed @ 24/04/2010 18:06  

warhed just do it !! gawd men .lol

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 25/04/2010 17:39  

signed up last spring and it ran out in december ( didnt even notice) signed up again coz its sunny....not much help to you i know

Update Reply
dunans @ 25/04/2010 18:10  

I joined as a standard member a few days ago, I soon realised that in order to be able to 'interact' with people I needed to upgrade. The costs are very reasonable which to be honest made my mind up for me to upgrade as being a student cash is a rare commodity. I moved into the area I am now after leaving here 36 years ago, I know next to no one and this site offered a glimmer of hope for meeting some new friends as I left all my old ones back in Essex. Its hard meeting like minded people at times. You've done a great job with this site Matt and I can see why your members continue to use your services

Update Reply
DG99 @ 25/04/2010 23:22  

mine is coming up for renewal in next couple of weeks ( at the risk of repeating myself from last time ) will it automatically update Matt???? ( don't shout at me .....lol )

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 25/04/2010 23:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email