MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Why did you upgrade your BM account?

Why did you upgrade your BM account? - Forums [Biker Match] Why did you upgrade your BM account? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Why did you upgrade your BM account?

This question is specifically to find out what caused you to financially contribute to BikerMatch. Recently we've been going through a rough patch and the site has started to make a loss again, so I need to take action and I'm starting by asking WHY you upgraded. 6ypsy posted on another topic today that she upgraded to join in with a specific forum discussion. How many others did? Who joined mainly to contact a specific person? Was the other person just a standard member at the time also? What about an event? Did you sign up to get more involved before an event? Did you sign up AFTER an event? Please let me know your reasons for upgrading. It's very important that this topic stays on topic, please don't wonder off topic (save that for the other topics if you must). Serious replies only please. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/04/2010 19:30  

Hi Mat Signed up to the site after looking at it for a few days wanted to meet new friends and get a life I dont think its overpriced so I signed up this site has worked for me and i do recomend it to friends. Yes there are changes you could make to improve new forum for the wondering topic ect keep up the good work many thanks for a great site john

Update Reply
JP @ 16/04/2010 19:44  

I started out as a standard member but then upgraded cos I needed advice and could not reply to people that had pm'd me.

Many knew I was Mr_P's other half but I could not reply to pms as at the time standard members had restricted access, I renewed because I have become very active with old and new members and want to keep that going.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 16/04/2010 19:50  

Primarily, for the chance to meet new friends and possibly someone special. Secondly, the forums and events, which help to achieve the former.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 16/04/2010 19:51  

After looking at your site and others, yours was not overpriced and had a lot going on. I just wanted to meet people for rides out and not go to places on my own. Have met alot of nice peeps on the way (and a couple of nutters) main one who made me feel welcome was RC (Amanda) and we are now best buddies but others like Shell, DC and many others made me feel very welcome when i joined as a full member. BTW I will be renewing..

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 16/04/2010 20:27  

Thanks, keep the posts coming. I can see this being a really helpful topic for me. Sometimes I wish I was back in the UK so I could go to some of the events with you all.

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/04/2010 20:33  

I joined and paid up because my uncle had met someone within 2 months of joining and they are getting married later this year,,,,,,, The reason ive stayed and paid up again is because ive made life long friends off this site,,,eventually i may find the one!!!!, but enjoying the ride till then.... The cost is less than a pint of beer a week,,,and there's plenty on this site to get value for money...... besides,,,you cant put a price on friendship... hope things pick up a bit matt,,,,summers just round the corner so hopefully plenty more newbies!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 20:41  

My mate told me about it so thought I would have a look as I was single at the time. Have made it to a few meets and just enjoy the generally light hearted banter on the site so kept subsciption going. Hope it picks up for you Matt as your idea has brought a lot of people together both as friends and relationships

Update Reply
micksaway @ 16/04/2010 21:08  

First joined to try to improve my social life via like-minded people.
Soon got interested in the forum threads (yep. . including those off-thread meanderings!!) and wanted to make it a two-way thing. Have very little technical biking knowledge but love all the crazy people whom I have yet to meet, but who brighten up my world. The chat room lures me in on occasion . .especially if feeling a bit alone.
Thanks Matt.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 16/04/2010 21:26  

Can I confirm the question though, because I know why most people join the site. What made you upgrade from standard to FULL member?? (Topic subject updated to be more accurate)

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/04/2010 22:06  

Sorry if vague:>
First reason was for std member. Then upgraded so I could join in with all the craziness:

Soon got interested in the forum threads (yep. . including those off-thread meanderings!!) and wanted to make it a two-way thing. Have very little technical biking knowledge but love all the crazy people whom I have yet to meet, but who brighten up my world. The chat room lures me in on occasion . .especially if feeling a bit alone.

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 16/04/2010 22:11  

Well I became a full member to message be messaged back and just to use all the features on the site. Matt it's a great site with a great bunch on it I have met some great people and hope to bump into a lot more this year at the rallys, so for the price it is well worth renewing each time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/04/2010 23:32  

i just looked at the site and was happy to pay up from start jp

Update Reply
JP @ 17/04/2010 01:14  

I stayed a standard memebr for a couple of weeks then realised i was missing out on all the fun by not being able to join in, the price was right so unfortunately you got me :)

Have made loads of great mates and met some fantastic people, been to some brill events and would highly recommend it to anybody and do !!!

You now offer standard members alot more for free maybe this could do with rethinking , just my opinion, but still think its a bargain for what you can get from it, keep up the good work Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/04/2010 01:31  

Mat forgot to say.dont wish you were here to go to an even get on a plane and fly over and do it thats why we payed for the site

Update Reply
JP @ 17/04/2010 01:40  

hmmmm, Matt remember the time you came over for the 10,000 member meet at Matlock... that was an epic journey..and it bloody snowed!! lol I initially joined as I was off work ill, and going through quite a bad time of it. I have always had bikes in my blood coming from family of bikers, but kinda lost touch with it when i married a non-biker, lovely man, still good friends...but would never look towards a non-biker again. So I more or less subscribed straight away as i could see from day 1 that I liked this site, having tried a few others, this one just seemed so friendly and I learnt alot from the forums. I was encouraged by so many people to take my CBT, and I am so grateful for the support then and on-going, I would never had done it otherwise. I have made so many good mates off here, that will always be a part of my life now. So thanks Matt, keep up the good work! * right...thats tea break over.. i'll get back to my mod duties now Boss* ;o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/04/2010 01:49  

For me It was the banter on the forums that made me become a full member... a lot of sites that I looked at did not have that... they were somewhat formal and boring... I saw a bunch of bikers with a great sense of humour having fun and thought thats for me... I saw it as a good place to strike up friendships and the best way of doing that was being able to join in with all the banter.... There have been days when the only things that have made me laugh and keep me sane have been some of the comments posted... Plus the price was reasonable....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 02:30  

i was a standard member from 2008 and i just used to browse the profiles,nod ect As like a lot of people I work hard and kids all older now so wanted to start going to more rallies and make new freinds so thought if i upgraded I could do that, I,ve been to one event (excuse for a party) and every1 was great and made some good freinds so am glad i did and will be going to more, the only thing am disappointed in is that up hear in bonnie scotland there doesnt seem to be the same connection with people and it has been suggested to me from (rockchick aka alex) to orginise something which am thinking about

Update Reply
madhat @ 17/04/2010 10:13  

I've been here since 2007. Joined as a premium member straight away as the price was good & I just liked the site- the banter & the serious topics. Initially joined because it was a bikers dating site, but it's now become a LOT more than that - I call it my online Bike club & have made a LOT of good friends and had some cracking nights out, weekends away, rides out, & as Kaz says - if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have taken my CBT & got my bike. I'll be here for a long time methinks

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/04/2010 10:24  

Bringing back to the top

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/04/2010 14:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email