MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bought a new bike recently?

Bought a new bike recently? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Bought a new bike recently? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bought a new bike recently?

I upgraded from a 2002 ZXR 400 to a 2008 Yamaha R6-R in February and it's an awesome bike. 133 Bhp, slipper clutch, chip controlled throttle and air intakes - the noise it makes is unbelievable!! Redline is 17500 rpm!! Fancy a ride out anyone???

Update Reply
SKIDMARK @ 19/04/2010 23:29  

Crashed my 98 Honda Pan the beginning of Dec. broke a lot of plastic and have been looking on 'fleabay' for replacement parts but prices are too high for me. I just got outbid this morning on a screen it went for £69 used! Got fed up being 'bikerless'when the sun came out beginning of April and bought a 94 Trident and got it through the mot last week after new fork seals. The Triumph is lighter and easier to ride round town but on a ride out I found it 'skittish' on the corners (tyres are legal but not new!). It has six gears but I was still trying for a 7th! The pan is a long distance tourer/commuter bike that is very smooth running and comfortable and if your riding isn't all start and stop it would definitely be my choice out of the two. Anyone got any Plastic for my Pan? Lol Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 21/04/2010 13:20  

mines falling apart needs a complete strip down and rebuild if only i had a shed or garage to do it in lol will haveto keep turning round and picking bits off the floor and sticking them back on

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/04/2010 13:52  

I have a AJS 125E Regal Raptor, just need to pick her up on tuesday

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 24/04/2010 09:45  

Rocket update,,,now done 2000 miles,,,loved every mile apart from the 3 points i got today,,,,85mph on A1,,,grantham!!!! kicking myself now!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2010 16:51  

How's it go? "If ya play with feathers, you'll get yer arse tickled"

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 25/04/2010 17:01  

gutted i am,,,,,nearly locked wheels and got it down to 85!!!!!! speed limits from now on!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2010 17:05  

I can just imagine the coppers laughing when they see the picture of you with look of a startled deer and levers back touchin the bars,forks fully compressed and heals dug into the tarmac.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 25/04/2010 17:21  

If you'd have been on the ST13 CW, they would have thought you were a 70 year old just going for a tootle, and wouldn't have stopped you cos they might have giving you a heart attack,.. or made you fall off!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 25/04/2010 18:32  

touble is,,if i'd been on the st1300 i would have been caught at about 115-120!!!!!,then no licence,,,,,defo going to be a lot more careful from now on!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2010 19:30  

Tut tut craig, new bike getting you in bother already

Glad to see you're enjoying it mate

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/04/2010 20:31  

Terry,,,,i'm gutted,,,cant afford anymore points so got to be extra carefull.........though for anyone reading this ,,,these are the first points ive ever got on a bike!!!!think ive just got a photogenic face!!!especially when driving my car

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2010 20:39  

You'll ave to take it easy craig until you're old n ugly!!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/04/2010 21:13  

Think i already qualify for that one terry,,,,if i dont then fcuk knows why i'm still single,,,,well ive got me bike,,,,so not alls bad

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2010 21:16  

I'll be placing my order very soon for a rocket roadster Had to hold back a bit on the triumph configurator but I have added a few goodies like leather panniers and long range touring seat plus some dresser bars

Update Reply
pondlife @ 30/04/2010 11:59  

pondlife,,,,,you will enjoy every mile as if it were your first......... Best thing i ever done,,,,its taken me back 20+ years and now enjoying the ride again...........craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/05/2010 21:52  

oooh cw give us ago fella want to try one o them

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 03/05/2010 21:59  

got a new busa b4 xmas, just dusted off the cobwebs, and run it in. wow, i mean its sooooo fast! just got a weird back end! hey ho, least i dont have to look at it.

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 04/05/2010 19:40  

had to get back back b4 dark though last weekend, not that im cinderella or anything, just left the black visor on - doh!

Update Reply
madasthecat @ 04/05/2010 19:40  

Picked up my Triumph Tiger 1050 on Friday and managed 200 miles over weekened in between decorating (how hard was that to concentrate on with the Tiger parked on the drive!!!).

Still running it in but what a fantastic bike. New to biking - guess I could have bought a smaller one but it just said "come to daddy" when I had a test ride.

Probably causing much amusement as I take a running jump to get on it....haha

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 10/05/2010 13:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email