MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bought a new bike recently?

Bought a new bike recently? - Forums [Biker Match] Bought a new bike recently? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bought a new bike recently?

Just thought I'd start this topic for anyone who has bought a new/new to them bike & want to let us all know how they're getting on with it - any ups or downs with it etc. Craig - I know you've just got a new one - wanna tell us about it?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/04/2010 10:07  

Another addition to the ranks of Triumph owners. So much more entertaining than a Pan - so he tells me

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 14/04/2010 10:57  

I am on the waiting list for a day out on the back..... can`t wait!

Update Reply
julie j @ 14/04/2010 10:58  

I would love to have a new bike but finances are stopping me at the moment. I have been to the bike shops tho and sat on quite a few, I like cruisers and wouldnt ride anything else, but I am finding that on quite a few I am strugling to reach the gear change without having to twist me foot inwards, a lot of this seems to come about if the tank is quite wide. I am wondering should I get a bigger virago, eg the 700 or 1100 but need to sit on one and see how it fits me, so I am hoping that some nice kind person who rides these bigger viragos will let me sit on one and see wot they are like and to see what the difference in weight is to my 535

Update Reply
drobess @ 14/04/2010 12:40  

Not bought one but riding a new bike for me does that count?

***waits for reply before continuing****

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 14/04/2010 13:23  

of course it count shell your opinions on yr baby may help some1 decide wether its the bike for them or not

Update Reply
drobess @ 14/04/2010 13:29  

My bikes new to me lol, As she is older than me i cant call her my baby !! im her baby lmao

Update Reply
adrenaline_Junkie @ 14/04/2010 13:44  

S'ok AJ Only gurls call their bikes names or 'my baby'

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 14/04/2010 13:47  

lol - Anyone who has a new to them bike (whether bought or bought for or riding one) fits this topic. Just to give their experience of said bike to others who may be interested basically.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 14/04/2010 14:31  

I think its just as pertinet for pillions to mention too. No judging the riders though just your opinions of the bike from the back seat.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 14/04/2010 15:09  

I picked up a 10 year old VFR800FI off fleabay last month. Being a biker of a certain age, returning to biking after 25 years, I started off with a W650 parallel twin 50bhp for 10 months, moved up to a Triumph Trophy 900 triple 96bhp for touring with a pillion. After getting used to it all again, I wanted something inbetween the two weight wise, and with slightly more Umph! So, after a bit of research, and one or two test rides decided on the VFR sports tourer. Strangely enough, after testing a new Vtech version, I found the power delivery better on the pre-Vtech versions, so looked around for one of the last 800 FI's before they stopped. I found this one for the right money, and after a month of playing with it, finding the right suspension settings etc . I have to say, it is a joy to ride! So we're off to Bilbao on the ferry next month, and riding back up through France for a few days. Cant wait!!! Nothing quite like getting a new toy to play with!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2010 16:30  

Got an Aprilia Tuono two and a half weeks ago. Goes like a rocket, sounds awsome. Wasn't sure if i'd done the right thing at first, but after the ride out to Whitchurch and Ponderosa best bike I've ever had. 200 miles round trip no numb bum or aches or pains. Well worth it!

Update Reply
yamahama @ 14/04/2010 18:23  

Yep,,,,bought a TRiumph Rocket 3 saturday gone but only done about 400k on it so far,,,,,mostly late-ish at night when cold and dark so will save my opinions till about 2 weeks time as i have plenty of road miles planned not this wkend but next,,,,,about 1000k,,,so should have a good idea how i feel about bike after that.....craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2010 18:43  

My 'fresh' one is a R1150RT, one of the last ones. It's an ex blood transport bike with all the scaffolding on, and I'm going to compare it to me ST1300A. It's far more comfy than me ST, but it looks as though the seat is very slightly wider than standard RT's, so may have been modified. The gearbox is terrible,.. our ERF with a crash box has a smoother change than the BM!! It also is very under-powered (95hp?) compaired to the ST's 120 (I think), so I think it would struggle doing a lot of two-up hill work. It leans too far over on the side stand, a couple of times I've thought that I'd let the stand flick up again! A good bit here,.. the fairing, it is by far and away miles better than the ST's, maybe in the shape, but the width is also good. (Both of them are the electric screen versions). The controls on the BM's bars are better than the ST's too,.. easier to live with. The tank range is a lot less on the BM than the ST,.. it can go for 240 miles, and that is with a lot of (solo) back lane blasting, where as the BM, ridden gently is around 200. Ok, I haven't taken me jerry can with me yet to find out just how far I can push it. Handling,.. hmm, the BM just doesn't give the 'planted' feel of the ST, so while I'm solo on that thing, the soles of me boots are quite safe!! The stoppers, err,......... well with the BM, just imagine throwing an anchor off the @rse end!!!!!!!!! They are some of the best I've EVER used on a tourer,.. next only to me supermoto WRF at half the weight! The ST's, allthough she has done half the miles of the BM, just are not in the same league. The BM is much easier to shove in and out of the shed though, and is also easier to get onto the main stand. (They've both got ABS)

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 14/04/2010 20:07  

I Got a Tuono a while back yamahama. Put 6k on it in the few months Ive been home. Like you I find it best bike Ive owned. After the BM and Blackbird it is so light both on the road and when pushing in and out of spaces have taken up to Scotland with no ill effects and hope to get to italy this summer. Sounds Looks and rides like a dream

Update Reply
micksaway @ 15/04/2010 00:12  

update on my rocket 3,,, Had a spin out on it today,,,,hit some minor roads as well as motorway.... Realised i had bonded with my bike when I hit treble numbers on the speedo,,,,awesome......completely different ride to my previous Pan!!! Got home and had enjoyed my ride,,,even the slow bits!!!! Its been a while since i have felt like that despite the high miles i do every year.... I'm more open to the elements on this bike but intend to enjoy every mile of it whatever the weather...... I now feel like i did when i started biking,,,,,excited!! craig.............

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2010 17:17  

Iv not bought a bike yet but I will be very soon, just not sure which one to get. Bare in mind in a learner and what to practice and the two im deciding between in the Suzuki Intruder 125 and the Honda Shadow 125. Both lovely looking Customs, but which to get, hmmmm.

I know once iv passed my Direct Access that im going to be getting a yamaha YZF-R6 in blue though.

I plan to keep my first bike and probably my second bike as I want to get a graphic of me and my late wife on it somewhere. (If that is possible to do i mean)

Adz

Update Reply
ace_morgan @ 18/04/2010 03:45  

Everythings possible Adz go for it! There is a tech to take a photo and deconstruct it so you can use it like a transfer, other custom artists can use a photo to air brush a likeness (or even cartoon a pic) onto almost anything. Good luck with your quest for a bike and the very honourable idea you have too. Andy

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 18/04/2010 07:07  

I have had many new bikes but after my last one (vfr vtec)
I decided after spending and loosing a fortune on it to stick to oldish bikes.
So last year I got an s reg zx6rwith 5k on clock off eBay
best bike I have ever riden>fast and agile into bends goes like a rocket on straightsand is comfy for eating up t miles.plus it's got a good seat hight unlike many of t new bikes which if u are over 6 ft are like a clown bike under ya ass lol

Update Reply
reaper_soul_man64 @ 18/04/2010 14:28  

New ZX10...

It's green!!!

I have noticed it is a little uncomfortable under 120.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 18/04/2010 18:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email