MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

For once I wasn't judged....

For once I wasn't judged.... - Forums [Biker Match] For once I wasn't judged.... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

For once I wasn't judged....

...on the bike, the leathers or the tattoos, and I learnt today that I have been elected as a Parent Governor at my daughters school! She started there in September, and there are many reasons why I am not happy with the way things are run, so when they asked for applications to the Board of Governors, I applied, not for one minute thinking that I would be successful in an election up against other so called 'normal' parents.... So, my faith in humanity has been a little bit restored today, and I hope that people voted me in because they wanted someone 'real'. Too often in middle class villages 'bikers' (amongst other groups) get looked down on, sneered at or shunned...well, this is for us! A Biking School Governor! Happy Days!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/03/2010 16:51  

Well Done cissystar! I was a Parent Governor at my kid's primary school, for about 6 years and I really enjoyed it. It gave me chance to see what they were doing in school as well as being able to help out and give valuable parent input!..They have since left school and one is a parent herself.. (jeez i feel old!! lol) Enjoy and make sure you put them to rights

Update Reply
Karey @ 23/03/2010 17:06  

Thanks Karey! I intend to embrace the role.... and probably put the fear of god up the existing Governors lol.... xxx

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/03/2010 17:25  

turn up with high revs and a cloud of smoke, tattoo's on show, full leathers, love and hate penned on the knuckles............... .......then talk in a really soft shy retiring voice and be on your best manners lol.......then if someone disagree's with you bamboozle them with a tirade of thesaurus alternatives to regular speech......wont know whats hit them lol Well done, it will bring a certain common sense to these things, I went to a meeting at my daughters school with all the governers there....most of them were totally out of reality and coming out with some complete and utter nonsense......luckily the newer members had still retained some grip on reality.... Today the governess tomorrow downing street....lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2010 17:32  

Yayyy another Biker Parent Governer !! I too, am one at my daughters secondary school - luckily our Governing Body is in touch with reality..........

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 23/03/2010 18:08  

Ok get together and get mechanics brought back to schools........ .........those were the days could get my mobike in and fixed for price of the parts and a few pints to the teacher (out of school hours of course)....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2010 18:14  

well done

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/03/2010 18:14  

Ok get together and get mechanics brought back to schools........ we do at our school

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 23/03/2010 18:15  

Cissy, you're a star....Kaz and Nuts too

(No pun intended, but it fits anyway!)

Update Reply
Wills @ 23/03/2010 18:30  

Yay Nuts... lets hear it for Biker Governors! woohooooo!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/03/2010 18:39  

I think that Robert Mays School is as far out of touch with the real world as possible.... but you can all rey on me to bring them back to earth (in fact, I think I put something along those lines on my election pitch!).... am still in a bit of shock... this is Odiham don't ya know!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 23/03/2010 18:42  

arnold swartzanager was a bike wont he lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/03/2010 18:45  

Odiham.....ah now I know what your up against ....Tally hoo bandits 10 O clock...etc etc...reality check required urgently lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2010 19:06  

Yup Johnny.... you got it mate!

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 24/03/2010 06:19  

Congrats Cissy, well done, as everyone said give em a reality check, might wake em up a bit lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/03/2010 06:50  

If the reality check doesn't wake them up Shell... the noise of my bike turning up for meetings might! hehe xx

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 24/03/2010 07:38  

Fair play to you girl, Congratulations and enjoy your new position.you must feel so proud? your input I'm sure will be great as a school governor on many matters, There are many intelligent bikers out there,me included. go for it! and show um what you can do.

Update Reply
bikerbitch @ 24/03/2010 09:23  

well done lass sock it to them !!!

Update Reply
bigned @ 24/03/2010 15:20  

the Harper Valley PTA is now going through my head lol

Update Reply
Phil @ 24/03/2010 18:33  

lol @ PP x

Update Reply
cissystar650 @ 24/03/2010 20:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email