MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why do you ride a bike ?

Why do you ride a bike ? (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Why do you ride a bike ? (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why do you ride a bike ?

At school (mixed comp) I chose cookery rather that technology. I was the only boy in the class all the others were girls - Great! I became an engineer after leaving school though (you go figure) I went to school on my bike an AJS 250 to take my o'levels which I failed miserably. All my mates had brit bikes and we spent most evenings in our garages repairing them. Went onto cars at 17 and didn't go back to bikes for 10 years. Once 'matured' and saw the error of my ways upgraded from cars to bikes again and haven't look back for the last 28 years. This was the first Winter for a few years I had both a car and bike. Biking is and always will be my first love but there is room now with aches and pains appearing more, to drive a car through the worst of the Winter.

Update Reply
Rattay @ 17/05/2010 11:51  

I apologise for this in advance (softa*se)........ met the love of my life in January - she had an ER6 - the more she talked about it the more I fancied a go - so went out did CBT, theory, mod1 and mod 2- finished all the tests in April and bought my Tiger 1050.

The thrill of opening it up and flying round the bends is awesome - wish I had done it sooner.

First ride out to Betws-y-coed at the weekend has got me hooked big style.

Update Reply
DTR30 @ 17/05/2010 13:41  

Found out as a kid 7or 8yrs from the folks that brought me up that my dad had been a biker an I thought the bike racing on the telly looked exciting lol.Got my first bike at 16yrs 50 MZ an had a few bikes after that till I got the choise him or the bikes so been away from them for 10 or so yrs split 2yrs ago an now getting back into bikes oooh an have I missed the big grin an the open roads working on getting a bike once more an this time NOT giving them up !!!.Once bitten never leaves ya freedome to be yourself good friends an great laffs an sooo much fun !!

Update Reply
Solrose @ 17/05/2010 15:28  

Bikes? - yuk, 'orrible oily things..wouldn't be seen dead on one... *(sneaks out fer a quick blast while no one's looking)*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2010 18:35  

Ive not got a clue why i stared riding if i'm honest, no bikers in my family & when i stared riding field bikes aged 12 there was only me & 2 mates interested, i'm the only one who's stuck with it & have been riding on the road for 30 years now I must be as odd as you lot

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2010 00:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email