MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Why do you ride a bike ?

Why do you ride a bike ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Why do you ride a bike ? (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Why do you ride a bike ?

Nothing much beats the feeling you get on a nice dry day,with minimal traffic on your favourite sweeping roads,when everything just feels right;the lines through the bends,the instant power to overtake when needs must & the ease in which to park up when you get to your destination.
You just feel at one with your machine & closer to nature in some ways,understanding the road surface,feeling the way the wind affects your ride-you just don`t get that in the car,just isolation from the elements.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 09/03/2010 20:19  

Had a bike when i was young got nocked off and was put under pressure to give it up, bikeing never leaves you so at 53 got demarried and back on a bike love me love my bike

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 09/03/2010 21:22  

weel i have to say its my brothers fault ! going pilly on a DR400 at the age of 8 started it had a few bikes in my teens not all road legal but never mind !! fizie50 custom, CG125, KE175, XL250 then had a few motoxs in my 20.s when i worked on farms nd could go play ! farm quads too then had bad accident in 2007 then in late 2008 decided i needed to do somthing had the time nd money to do (no time b4 due to working away a lot) so passed cbt nd das in 10 wks had a bandit bought b4 my test nd the rest is history must admit though never thought i,d take to the whole biking,rally scene the way i have !!! great folk great laughs nd great times ! nd many more years of it to come ! i hope

Update Reply
bigned @ 14/03/2010 17:12  

Just ride the bike don't park it up at a daft cafe and talk about it just ride it anywhere and everywhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2010 01:56  

i dont own a bike personally but in good weather id choose a bike ride over a car ride any day.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 20/03/2010 13:17  

For me it all started quite innocently, i needed to get to work when i left school, in the dark ages (1978) and hated going by bus, and could'nt afford a car at the time, I bought a Yamaha RD125 twin for £325.00 remember them !! And loved the freedom, But mainly I loved the speed yeah ok so not fast by today's bikes but to a 17 year old it was quick, I WAS HOOKED... And the rest is as they say is history, after 30 years and more bikes than i care to remember it's still the speed and now the handling getting your lines braking points, throttle all working as one that gets me buzzing on a days blast about, there no other vehicle you can get that sort of buzz from legally except a bloody quick car, and i can't afford a 911 Turbo or a Zonda, but i don't suppose that's even a substitute for a really quick bike..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2010 15:15  

My Dad was a cyclist and biker and never had a car license let alone drive. Cycling was my passion years ago and a motorbike seemed a good step from there.
I don't do cars at all and ride all year round and I wouldn't change it for the world :)

Update Reply
Dave Badger @ 16/05/2010 14:05  

grandad was a biker, dad was a biker , brother is a biker,all my mates are bikers, i sat on my first bike at 3years old was an old vincent,, think somethings kinda stick in the memory and stay in the heart, maybe one day ill find a partner with a bike then ill be happy!!.

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 16/05/2010 14:21  

Hate cars,had one ,swapped it for a fish tank still got tank , even drivin the works van does my tits in. if ive no bike i`d rather walk.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2010 14:51  

The love of bikes started for me when i was a kid. When i walked my dog i used to stop and look longingly at every bike i saw. As soon as i was old enough to get a licence i got my first moped ( a Honda CB50J ) which i promptly crashed after 3 days on the road. I havn't looked back since. lol When you ride a bike , it doesn't matter if you're having a really crap day. A half hour blast around the roads and i can guarantee i will come back grinning like a loon.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2010 16:37  

When i was about 14,my cousin came to see us on a triumph,and i was just awestruck by this bike and my cousin with all the bike gear on,and after 2yrs i got my own bike ,and have always loved the biker life style.I agree with tatook about riding a bike.

Update Reply
joesa @ 16/05/2010 17:07  

I loved pushbikes and then just moved onto motorcycles as a progression, plus my mates had older brothers with bikes and I loved the speed and noise of a big British twin. Started riding bikes when I was 12, used my mates field bikes then moved onto my own, first one was a James Captain, stripped down to the bare essentials it would do 60 on the fields, fell off it a lot, once into the canal after zooming up the bank and failing to make the turn along the footpath :) Went through the obligatory Bantams, Cubs, C15's, B31's, 3TA's, 5TA's and when 17 bought my first Japanese buke a Honda K4 250 from Kingstons bike shop in Nottingham, this coincided with my first job, £11.00 a week, fiver to my mum and dad, fiver for the HP on the bike and £2 for myself, happy days :D Had a bike ever since and at least one but normally more. When I was in the forces in the late 70's I bought any and every bike I could find, however I had a phone call from my father when I was stationed down in Colchester to say both lock ups I owned had been broken into and all my bikes, spares, tools had been stolen. One of the worst days in my life. Around 30 bikes gone in a night plus a mound of parts. Not ashamed to say I cried that day. I'm in a dip at the moment, think I have only about 5 bikes, 2 complete, 1 80%, 2 more in bits. I'll always have a bike, I can't foresee the day when I don't, in fact that day will be when hell freezes over :P

Update Reply
DG99 @ 16/05/2010 17:30  

Lol my arithmetic is pathetic, I obviously didn't pay a fiver to my mum and dad, must have been £4, I do remember getting tips from customers and doing the occasional 'homer' for cash.

Update Reply
DG99 @ 16/05/2010 17:33  

Have been pillion for over 20 years now divorced tomorrow 8-00 my CBT my god what am i doing????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2010 17:48  

The best of luck with ya CBT beepa

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2010 17:50  

beepa,its never to late,you,ll soon be on ya own bike

Update Reply
joesa @ 16/05/2010 17:57  

Thanks all not sure quite what im doing but going to have a go, then i can join you all on trips. XB

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/05/2010 18:26  

Think my love for bikes started when my bro got a chopper(push bike) kept nickin it and generally annoyin him and his mates....then got a vespa(ssshhh secret) for my 16th and used to scramble on it(not ideal)then got a kwaka trail bike(that worked better) then passed test and went straight onto yam rd 400 race tuned(and straight off it too)after many more different bikes settled for kwaka z650 which i rode till i was 8 month pregnant with my first.....then had to revert to 4 wheels...till last year and the fun begins again

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 16/05/2010 19:45  

adrenaline...freedom...speed....fun....open roads...

Update Reply
uglyducklin @ 16/05/2010 20:00  

Being something of an antisocial loner I suppose it was likely I'd eventually gravitate towards bikes, so when an acquaintance gave me a pillion ride on his 400-4 when I was 17 I was pretty much hooked from there on in.

The freedom and independence have always been a big part of it for me I guess, and the ability to get to stupid speeds very quickly isn't half bad either. I'd also heard that chicks dig bikes and bikers, although I've yet to find any evidence to support that particular theory!

Update Reply
Warhed @ 17/05/2010 02:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email