MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

CBR600 update

CBR600 update - Forums [Biker Match] CBR600 update - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

CBR600 update

hiya all. thank you all for taking the time to contact me about my bike... my pal (retired RAC man) came round today to see what he could do to my bike. we got plugs out, cleaned them. they were not too bad. problem looks like fuel pump. it worked a bit when nudged. but upon taking it off the bike found that the contatcs (i think that is what they are called) were not looking how they should do. burnt/tarnishd and a bit wonky. he will see if he can get it better and will try it on bike again. if not, will have to get new fuel pump. i hope they are not too expensive! Happy Valentines to me eh???....only card i got was from my mum!!! lol xxxxxxxxxxxx anybody know how much a new pump is???

Update Reply
willow @ 13/02/2010 21:21  

If you need a complete new pump then not far short of £200 from an independent like Wemoto. Ouch!!
But if all you need is the repair kit with the point switch then we're talking about £22. A lot better

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/02/2010 22:05  

hi willow,did i get something right?fuel pumps apparantley are a bit bit suspect on some models,as i said my mate had trouble on his race bike,wasnt me being clever just thought it might help,so its sounds good,try blacks of burscough,they break all sorts,might just be lucky and have one in,good luck,edd

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 14/02/2010 02:36  

hi willow again,happy valentines day,not a card but then dont knowyour address to send to,edd.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 14/02/2010 02:39  

lol...........one card from my mum was all i got ! just had a phone call fromn friend who's fixing my bike and i do need a new fuel pump. just been frightining my self stupid now by looking online to get one !! prices go from £99 up to £189 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont know where to look next or what to do now!! happy valentines to me eh?? bummer xx

Update Reply
willow @ 14/02/2010 12:04  

1997 on ebay, buy it now for £40, used but good condition, or try offering lower price......craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2010 12:12  

am keeping a watch on it untill tomozz. i will see my other friend who sorted his pump out and got a good deal..........will make low offer for now and see waht happens...got nothing to loose ! ta xx

Update Reply
willow @ 14/02/2010 12:35  

just done an offer on it ! worth a try..................am going for a brew now !! before i loose the plot! starting to forget wich way is up!! plus, loads of bikes have blasted past my house today!! gits............... x

Update Reply
willow @ 14/02/2010 12:38  

Sorry,, didn't mean to disturb you!!!

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 14/02/2010 18:26  

arhh so it was you eh?? revenge for friday nihgt eh?? lol x

Update Reply
willow @ 14/02/2010 23:14  

Have you thought about getting a second hand one? CBR600s are a fairly common bike, breakers yards should have one and will be a lot cheaper than new.

Update Reply
timhall @ 14/02/2010 23:37  

wemoto.com/bikes/Honda/CBR_600_FP_FR/93-94/picture/Fuel...int_Switch £39 is this any good to you willo

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 14/02/2010 23:50  

Guess what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bike finaly running today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yiiiippppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........................fuel pum working fine and bike now clean !...............................................i hope to get out tomorow for a blast. lets hope it does not rain ...................yipeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxx yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xx

Update Reply
willow @ 27/02/2010 17:37  

nice one willo dont hold your hopes up for the weather tomoro though but well done there

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 27/02/2010 17:40  

Nice one Willow, got mine back together again today as well and alls great except the stupid EXUP valve.

What were Yamaha thinking putting a set of model aircraft controls on an exhaust valve!

Nearly went for a jaunt tonight but thought better of it, think I'll wait for the spring!

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 27/02/2010 17:56  

Well done Willow I finished the rebuild on mine yesterday and the monsoon season started here today, so lets hope for the weather for both of us tomorrow

Update Reply
trikerider552 @ 27/02/2010 17:57  

good to hear that your bike is now running Willow,dont forget the idiots are all out there,be safe and careful,edd.

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 28/02/2010 08:03  

hiya everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah..................done about 110 miles today!! a bit cold and roads midley moist in places. but otherwise a fab day.....................went doen a49, then a534 to broxton for a brew and food. back same way . then met rossi & royce at rivi for a brew. i feel like i have been re born! lol xxxxxxx ps. at least i rememberd how to ride my bike ! lol # ride safe xx

Update Reply
willow @ 28/02/2010 22:41  

Wasn't me !!!!!!!!!!!

I deny everything !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 28/02/2010 23:03  

ahh the elusive roycey who disappears from chat room ! Nice on Willow xx

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 28/02/2010 23:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email