MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

weather

weather (3) - Forums [Biker Match] weather (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

weather

Traffic's cleared most of the snow. Frozen hard tho Yet to see a grit wagon ! And no sign of any on the roads. (t)rusty scooter's got me to work, so no sitting in queues for me

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 18/12/2009 08:09  

Oooooh it's all white out there...... hope the M9 and M8 are nice and clear - gonna drop my son off in Edinburgh then head to Glasgow to see The Quireboys then onto Rockers Thankfully we're staying over so it can snow all it likes tomorrow

Update Reply
jeanzqueen @ 18/12/2009 10:11  

Drive safe Jeans, hope you have a safe trip. Not that much snow here today, but it was wet last night & froze, then we had snow this morning & its still supposed to be about -1 outside at the moment so I am glad I have no place I need to go today

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 10:15  

Cheers Shell. It looks like it's frozen over here too but I won't know for sure till I get out there. The main roads should be fine. Just hope the band's made it up to Glasgow okay...... If it's snowing where you are, take the day off and go build a snowman

Update Reply
jeanzqueen @ 18/12/2009 10:27  

I wish I could... I really really do, I love the snow but my body hates it lol I have Raynauds (very bad circulation) & so when it gets cold I have to have tablets to stop me being in pain, I am already taking extra to get it into my system for a trip to New York in 10 days Hope everyone makes it safe & sound Jeanz

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 10:44  

hey Shell i get that in my fingers, where they turn white and my nails are blue!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 18/12/2009 10:59  

Well its like ice skating by me i know i just went outside and did it wearing my boots lol styled it well though , wud have given myself 5.2

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 11:19  

LOL ... Next time Jackie ... have someone filming you then we can all pass score Anne, you can be tested, without tablets I end up with chillblanes, oh so painful

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 11:54  

Shell i shall carry a camera with me at all times during bad weather just in case lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 18:55  

& a hunky camera man ... just in case you fall !!!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 18/12/2009 18:57  

* please santa i have been good, a hunky man would be brill, i promise to be better next year (or at least try lol)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 18:59  

BJ - I have a not terribly hunky stalker I can pass on if that's any good lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/12/2009 21:40  

erm yep the east coast did indeed get some snow and black ice to boot to very very slippery out there tonight !!!!!! brill hand brake turns though

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 18/12/2009 21:42  

Gb does he look anything like Mel Gibson ??

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 22:33  

My street never gets gritted, it's a cul-de-sac but it's always fairly busy and I live near the top end so I have a fairly long walk to get to the High Street. Glad to say that the High Street is clear tho. I hate snow! You can have ours, come and get it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/12/2009 23:25  

I want to build a snowman

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/12/2009 23:31  

Had 3 kids throw snowballs at the side of my grit truck this evening. Really going to make a difference to 4 tonne of grit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2009 22:45  

Ric, would you make a detour to my street please? The council don't treat our street, probably cos it's not a major route, it's a cul-de-sac If they just gave us a bin with grit in we could do it ourselves. If everyone did their own bit of street we'd have it all done in no time. It'snow joke trying to walk without sliding.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/12/2009 22:55  

Can't speak for every council Kwak but we don't do them either. Like you say its not a major route. If we did every street we would still be gritting in the summer. I know what you mean as i live in one myself. Maybe if everyone in your street got a petition to the council for a grit bin they might supply one for next year. Can only hope.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/12/2009 23:00  

STOP THE SALT
sorry im only thinking of myself

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 19/12/2009 23:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email