MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

weather

weather (4) - Forums [Biker Match] weather (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

weather

Maybe if everyone in your street got a petition to the council for a grit bin they might supply one for next year. Can only hope. Good idea, I'll start the ball rolling, cheers Ric. My village has quite a few old fogies (NO not me! lol) I'm sure they'd appreciate being able to get out of their home and walk to the shops/bus stop etc without fear of falling.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/12/2009 23:07  

PML @ 'Stop the Salt' I said that to my ex hubby 13 yrs ago, he met someone called Salt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/12/2009 23:09  

Hey, and make sure you have sensible footwear if you go out razzing. Killer heels, minus 5 degrees and frozen slush....not recommended and thank god for railings and lamp posts to hang on to, that's all I can say

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 20/12/2009 01:35  

Now I've got a mental image of old fogies in killer heels

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/12/2009 06:03  

Heavy snow - thunder AND lightning here today !!!!! Even I won't venture out in that !!!!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 20/12/2009 13:45  

thunder & lightning??? wow - we've just got snow here - about 2 inches fallen so far since mid morning (& counting!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/12/2009 13:50  

And who has been out today,, on a 900... in hail,, and it started to stick!! lol

Thanks to the guys at Hein Gericke Liverpool for clearing a path from the shop door.

I got home ok. Just wearing my new gloves. I do that.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 20/12/2009 14:24  

wasn't the rest of ya a bit cold??

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/12/2009 14:32  

LOL Stella A miracle happened, our street got gritted this morning!! I was only saying yesterday that our road doesn't. Last year (my first winter in this house) our street didn't get gritted, I now wonder if it was an oversight or is today's gritting just a one-off? Mind you the small amount they left behind wouldn't really make much difference. Why do gritters drive so fast? Ironically the snow started just as the gritting had finished and it hasn't stopped yet.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/12/2009 16:05  

Limeninja9 - I had a friend who, when he went shopping for new gloves, always came home with a new bike instead !!! lol And he took his brand new tyres for his Blade to bed with him (obviously before they were fitted !!!) There's commitment for ya !!! Or he wanted to be committed to an institution - one of the two

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 20/12/2009 16:18  

Kwak they might be out spot gritting,in other words just doing some roads that normally don't get done. Or it could of been a mistake by the driver. The optimal speed for spreading on our trucks is 30mph,gives the correct spread and we can also control how much and at what degree left or right the grit comes out the back. (great fun for blasting legs of gobby twats on the pavement) ((allegedly)) Thats why they go so fast and that speed on a road like yours it will look faster than it actually is.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2009 17:31  

HFG you funny girl you....

Tyres in bed???? hhhmmm I can see the attraction there actually. I have a nice new BT45 that could accompany me later. And I can wear me new gloves!!!

I think grit is slipper than ice,, got home ok without it today.

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 20/12/2009 17:41  

I think grit is slipper than ice Yeah thats why we chuck it around everywhere.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2009 17:44  

Well we are the only country that does,, I think,, and I have slipped off on grit but never snow... all I am saying...

Update Reply
limeninja9 @ 20/12/2009 17:47  

Snow is safer than ice anyway. In Sweden they do 80-90 mph in the snow as its powdery,not like our wet stuff,so can get a better grip. Other countries do grit but Europe i believe uses a different kind of grit. Couldn't tell you the difference though. I just drive them.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/12/2009 17:51  

Its crap......thats it.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 20/12/2009 17:59  

The optimal speed for spreading on our trucks is 30mph,gives the correct spread and we can also control how much and at what degree left or right the grit comes out the back. (great fun for blasting legs of gobby twats on the pavement) ((allegedly)) Thats why they go so fast and that speed on a road like yours it will look faster than it actually is. That was my point, that they go so fast it doesn't go on the road but the pavement, and not all 'victims' are gobby, well I'm not gobby to gritters lol No point putting grit on our pavements cos we can't walk on the them, the road is a narrow one so folk park on the pavement. Most of today's grit ended up in the potholes

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/12/2009 20:40  

Have not seen a grit wagon yet !!!

ah the brummie tradition of lets wait til after !!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/12/2009 20:52  

Got about 7 or 8 inches here but snow plough has been past and I now have to try to get through a 2 foot snow berm tomorrow morning....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 20/12/2009 20:58  

TC are u braggin again ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 20/12/2009 20:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email