MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Khyam tents

Khyam tents - Forums [Biker Match] Khyam tents - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Khyam tents

I,ve heard a few people mention Khyam Biker Tents and I'm thinking about getting one now in prep for next years events so any help on stockists would be welcome...... Better still winter discounts......... Found one for £190 so far but hoping to find cheaper this time of year....... Thanks .....craig...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 12:05  

Found one for £140.95....... outdoorworld....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 12:18  

yep Craig, that's who I've ordered mine from - just waiting for it to arrive I'll be using it next week,so you can check it out then

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 21/11/2009 13:58  

khyam.co.uk From £100 on this site!! Not labled as a biker tent but only 4 Kilos and 2 berth!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/11/2009 14:31  

Cheers Stella and HR,, Will have stop watch on you Stella to see if you beat the 3mins.... (If so then it should be a doddle for us blokes....haha)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 15:22  

Just checked out there site Andy, thier biker tent is 165, although there £100 tent seems good value I think I will go for the biker one with lots more space albeit 2kg's heavier......Thanx for info

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 15:31  

NP CW thought it may have been a good buy if you are trying to pack lite but at least the Biker one has coverage for extra gear!

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/11/2009 16:14  

Still thinking!!!!although Pan has built in luggage there is less space than on other bikes with throw overs etc...... I am thinking of taking back box off for camping and fitting allum plate/shelf on back to pack gear on.... Will check out stella's on end of year camp before making mind up.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 16:20  

I have the Biker, had it for a few years.

Its really easy to pitch for one person, but I would recommend getting a cheap/old shower curtain to go under the groundsheet, as its not that thick so is easily damaged and it also keeps it a lot cleaner.

I have used it for 2 x people, 2 x sets of bike kit, & 2 x bike luggage. At a push you could be 3 people, and bike kit, but you would have to pack light and be good friends .

If they get damaged (such as ash burns, thanks prats at Farmyard, I did ask you not to light the fire so close!) then you can buy new outer sheets, but it is like fighting a baby octopus to put them on and also new legs etc

They do require extra guy ropes in high winds, more than any other dome tent I have used.

The only downside to them is the size packed down and the weight, its a bit much if you traveling two up on a bike.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/11/2009 16:26  

Towbar & trailer Frag lol. As a few of you know I like my big tent so I can stand up to get dressed etc, I'd luv a Khyam but size and overall cost is not condusive to a purchase at this juncture lol.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 21/11/2009 16:34  

Cheers fraglette,,,As long as i'm riding solo then this will probably be ok, and i think the site which sells them offers xtra guide rope kits for £10.... If i go on the fire field at farmyard next year i will probably take cheaper tesco 3man so if got damaged or washed out could just leave it.... At least i have the chance to actually see one being put up nxt wkend....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 16:36  

OI Hull, dont you swear at me! I can pack light, unlike certain people I know lol

Just go to a normal camping shop CW, they are cheaper than Khyam version, all you do is tie them to a leg. I didn't have the chance to get a cheaper tent on the year I was at farmyard, I used to have an old tent that I used if I was going with a group of friends as help was always to hand. Unfortunately that bit the dust at Stormin and I hadnt replaced it lol.

The first time you put a Kyham up takes a bit longer, but packing it down is the one you need to worry about ;)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/11/2009 16:51  

I have an Outdoor Revolution 4 Lite tent which although it weighs 8kg it folds up small enough to go on the bike and is easy to put up with the added benifit of good room, I am 5fy 7" and can stand up in it with room to spare. Not sure about having four people sleep in it but for two or three and all the biking gear it is very roomy. Hope this helps even though its not about a Kyham.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 21/11/2009 17:09  

Hope you get therte before it gets dark stella or craig will be to erm tired to watch you put it up.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 21/11/2009 17:10  

I have had a Khyam tent for 15 years or more Mine still is in good order so easy and quick to pitch however Mine isnt the biker its the Igloo as the biker one wasnt out when I bought mine. Although still going strong it is a little faded. I wouldnt hesitate getting another just the igloo the door is so low and my knees dont bend like they used to. There is a knack to getting it down but I have mastered it. Does that make me a master knacker??

Update Reply
moonstone @ 21/11/2009 17:10  

driving 300 miles makes you tired, no other reason ........... is there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2009 17:25  

There is a knack to getting it down but I have mastered it. Does that make me a master knacker?? Ha Ha hilarious moon

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/02/2010 14:21  

update:- now decided, going for the highlander, slightly smaller than igloo and for £99-£105 off ebay, makes it £40+ cheaper than the biker, footprint groundsheet still £17 though...... it will be well used this year, hopefully, so will update again later in year as to whether ive made right choice or not craig.......................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2010 19:16  

Craig..i've got the highlander and its brilliant..check out somersetcamping.co.uk. Its reduced to £90 now...the biker is £110 i think

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 01/02/2010 19:49  

cheers Steph, will check it out now, need to order this week... especially as you have one and think its brilliant, so if its not I have someone to blame now only kidding, cheers for info.. craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/02/2010 20:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email