MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Khyam tents

Khyam tents (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Khyam tents (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Khyam tents

lol craig, all sorted then

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 23/02/2010 15:13  

Just finished sealing my new khyam highlander tent as per instuctions,,,,trouble is tent is up in sitting room and has to stay up for 2 days untill seam sealer is completely dry,,,,but at least ive done it in time for the camping this wkend,,,,,thats if i can work out how to pack it awaybut i'll just enjoy the fumes from sealer for now

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2010 22:40  

I cant believe how much trouble you've had. I just put mine up and went..so to speak. Am sorry for recommending it

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/03/2010 22:44  

Steph,,,i'm well pleased with tent,,,fumes from sealer is great, it only took about an hour to do, takes all the floor space up in my sitting room though!!,,,,,,went up easy,,,only hope its not to bad to take down,,,,will find out wednesday...still that drink on me for recommending it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/03/2010 22:50  

From the sound of it, i ought to be buying you one! Hopefully now you've sorted it you'll be ok for a few years. I'll get you one, if you get me one lol

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 08/03/2010 22:58  

I now have my Khyam tent for 2-3 nights or more in one place but i am now after a touring tent that fits in my back box ???? (also compact sleeping bag but of large size,,,need to move about a bit) all suggestions will be checked out--tent must be two person though to allow for space for bike gear,,,argos have a lichfield treklite 200 for £99 but i think i will have to see one up before i can make mind up!! A few rallies coming up so i will have a browse around the camping fields for idea's!!!! cheers craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 11:15  

Hi cw Had the same thing with the seams on my Khyam and emailed them to find out what was going on. Turns out it was an instruction on their older models but they didnt take it off the instructions when the new ones came out. Too late now I guess, but at least we can all sit in yours if it p***es down. Think the main problem with the smaller two man tents is length of poles etc and will they fit in your back box. A mate of mine has a Vango Banshee which is actually identical to the lichfield. Lichfield are supposed to be the cheaper end and are owned by Vango. I have had a look at a couple of sites on the net and you can get the Vango for around £79, thats twenty quid less for a higher spec and a lifetime guarantee. Good luck mate

Update Reply
trikerider552 @ 09/03/2010 14:18  

Cheers for info trikerider,,,,will check out in morning .... (spent an hour for nowt sealing seams) fumes were good though!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 22:53  

just checked out vango banshee 200,,,,,approx £79 for 2010 model will visit a few camping shops to see one up!!!! or similar price can get the 300,,,,only half kg more, 3 cm longer when packed, but 35 cm more in width in inner tent for bike gear???? 2010 models best according to web as you pitch outer first so inner stays dry if raining,,,earlier models inner is pitched first!! Still need to see if a fat bloke like me will manage in one of these>> any other suggestions will be checked out,,,,need one within 6 weeks.......craig

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2010 23:57  

Guess I ought to open mine to see if anything needs doing to it, its only been here about 5 weeks lmao - always was last minute and always will be I'm glad it's not the same as yours Craig and the Kyams, doubt my lungs would take the fumes if it had needed doing lol *Nut prays for another sunny day to test her new shed out*

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 10/03/2010 18:12  

Well, i aired mine today, seeing as it was nice and dry. Its still in perfect condition, which is just as well as i'm off to Wrexham for a mini rally in 2 weeks! Shame the bike isnt as reliable at the moment!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 10/03/2010 18:21  

If you're looking for a decent small tent for touring, then I can recommend the Coleman Avior X2. It's a very comfortable 1-person tent or a very, VERY cosy 2-person tent . It's only 2.45kgs soit'll fit in your top box no problem. The only downside is that it's standing room for Smurfs only and you have to do the butt-shuffling thing to get into it. On the plus side, the guy ropes and parts of the tent stitching are luminous so it's easy to find if one is slightly intoxicated .

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 11/03/2010 22:03  

^^^^^ sounds like my shed I had at 'Ure Welcome Blue, minus the luminous bits - spent most of the weekend tripping up on the same guy rope......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 11/03/2010 22:36  

Hey Nutkin, was that 'tripping up on the same guy rope' or was it more like 'roping up the same tripping guy?'

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 12/03/2010 17:37  

You mean I was spotted ?!! The less said about 'that' Blue the better.............

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 12/03/2010 20:52  

Anyone thinking of buying a Khyam Freelander just be aware it's a great tent, much bigger than I expected as it will sleep 5 comfortably with a huge living space/porch but it's described as being 10 kilos and measuring 70cm long packed. The reality is it's nearly 15 kilos and 80cm long and if you buy the footprint groundsheet you can add another 3 kilos to that!!

I've got a nice gash in my swingarm off the exhaust bracket to prove it

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 12/04/2010 09:13  

Have a look at the Juno Teepee. It's only single skin so not great in cold due to condensation, but brill in summer. I have the 5 man it's only 4.5k and is 10 foot across. It's up in no time cos there's only one pole. You can stand to dress in the centre and hang onto the pole to steady yourself when you return after downing a few. I've had 5 and a dog in mine. The only real down side is as doors slope inwards, you can't let any air in in the rain, and believe me, with 3 teenage boys and a dog on board you need air!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 15/04/2010 01:50  

I have the Khyam Biker tent too and although easier to erect as the poles are already attached , I find it is quite large when packed away to go on the back of the bike. It's also quite heavy and expensive for what it is. The low height of the tent means you have to permanently crouch down, and it's a pain to get dressed/undressed in. All in all its easier to put up than say a tunnel tent as you have to put the poles together and thread them through the loops in the tunnel tent. If I had a choice now I would go for a tunnel tent as you get more room for your money, packed size is comparable for a larger tunnel tent than the Khyam, even though the tunnel takes approx half an hour longer to erect. Ratty

Update Reply
Rattay @ 23/04/2010 14:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email