MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Leonids Meteor Shower

Leonids Meteor Shower - Forums [Biker Match] Leonids Meteor Shower - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Leonids Meteor Shower

I forgot all about this last night/this morning... best part of it has passed in the early hours of today, but they're still about for a few days, so get yourself out there tonight and see if you can spot a shooting star

Oh yeah... and ride yer bike to a suitable viewing point. *ahem* Or fly out to China for an even better show. On your bike with wings?

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 17:45  

Good one WB, any best time to be out there shivering? I saw some shooting stars the last time when TeeCee informed us...it was still summer then lol dont know why but the smileys ar'nt working on chrome tonight.

Update Reply
excalibur @ 17/11/2009 17:57  

According to Jodrell Bank, they're saying The peak activity is expected to be around 21:50 on the night of the 17th when the rate might easily exceed 100 metors per hour. If clear this is really well worth looking out for!

Oops... So I'm a day late - sue me! I'm assuming that's UK time. A friend of mine saw 3 this morning (from the Midlands) about 6am. The best views are in the US and the Far East, but we should still be able to see some, especially if it stays clear.

Look towards Leo if you can find it

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 18:05  

Got it thanks WB,i'll be outside with my blanket and whisky glass lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 17/11/2009 18:10  

they cool wannabe i use to watch them when i went camping as a kid on the old air fields at model air plane shows !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/11/2009 19:04  

Make it a hot toddy Billy! It's nippy out there.

They're brilliant to watch aren't they WN? I love the Perseid shower... probably cos it's in August and I'm a girlie wimp who likes to keep warm

Spent a fantastic holiday in Cornwall a few years back, mostly sitting outside the tent, watching the free show all night

It's a bit built up around here, so it's hard to see neat stuff in the sky... but I'll try!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 20:06  

i might go up to the light house and watch from there thanks for the heads up !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/11/2009 20:09  

What are all those lights in the sky? . . . opps ive fallen over!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2009 21:15  

Oh no - have you been multitasking again Slidy?

Disclaimer: Do not attempt simultaneous meteor-spotting & walking/riding/driving/canoeing/etc

Bit cloudy here *tuts*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/11/2009 02:22  

Multitasking no - supping Guinness yes! Didnt manage to spot any lastnight, eyesight probably not at its best (see above!) but i have been spoilt over the years. In my Merchant navy days we quite often spotted meteors, shooting stars, satellites etc. the lack of light polution mid ocean and 360degree views horizon to horizon makes the sights stunning!! and I wont even start on sailing through electrical storms . . . ok just a bit, lightening forking all around you so bright it turns night into day . . .ahhh memories!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/11/2009 13:06  

Bit cloudy again tonight, but they should still be around... not in quite the numbers they were before.

I had planned to take in a solar eclipse out to sea somewhere... but the money wouldn't play ball *tuts* Got to be the absolute best way to see stuff like that. I love a good storm too... only I'd probably be pooping myself if I was on the sea in one... is that why they have a poop deck?

*I'll get me coat*

The old ones are old....

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 18/11/2009 19:39  

didn,t see any up here !! was lookin towards leo but the b$****d woudn,t stand still !!!! guess i should be prepaired to be slapped by wannabe for that ?

Update Reply
bigned @ 18/11/2009 20:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email