MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2

BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

BikerMatch forums are not Twitter v2

I'm not getting involved in this lol. I only started the topic so you had a place to fight it out. People keep complaining to me and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not gonna go around slapping people on the wrist for posting that they had a nice day. So... those of you who don't like it, here's the topic for you to stand up and say so, I'm not fighting your battles for you. My plate is full at the moment and I'm programming like hell, fixing bugs, making new sections, etc. I really wish I could just develop the site and not have to deal with all the social BS that comes with it. This is a community, I just give you the framework and you folks make it what it is. If you don't like certain kinds of posts, please start a topic (like I've done here) to get others in the community talking about it. You'll soon find out what the majority think, as opposed to all my PMs which are only from unhappy folks (As someone has said already in this thread).

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/11/2009 14:57  

That's your prerogative of course, Matt... but if you set up a "community", the social BS goes hand in hand with it. The internet's rife with it! Although it's not as bad as it used to be... Nobody's threatened to stab me for years!

Every time someone tries to pull someone else up on here over something, there's either a bunch of dummy-spitting goes on or the thread's deleted.

So it's not really surprising that some unhappy people have taken to sending you PMs. They probably feel there's no point in saying anything on the forum to the people concerned, as it'll just get deleted.

It's got to be better to receive a few complaining PMs than to have a mass exodus and consequently a loss of revenue?

I'm not saying you shouldn't delete contentious threads, necessarily. I understand that we want the forums to remain welcoming to new members and lurkers, but it's a logical conclusion to make that members will then contact you or the mods directly, instead of bringing it up on the forum.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 17:37  

but im expected to make these decisions... like whether to allow shit-chat or not. How can I make that choice on behalf of you all. I personally don't mind a bit of it, just not floods of junk all over the forum. So a handful of people have asked me to stop it... if I say fine, no more chit-chat, then half the people on the forum ask for their money back (already happened today). So how can I win? I can't. Therefore you'll all have to sort it between yourselves. I'm like the school teacher making the children learn a lesson in discussing and debating, ready for the real adult world lol. Nothing changes eh? lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/11/2009 19:03  

thats the problem with being KING ! matt lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 17/11/2009 19:08  

If people spit the dummy and threaten to leave then let them. Plenty of others that will take their place.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/11/2009 19:35  

If anything has come out of this thread it is that there are clearly a number of people (and I'm not scared to say that I'm one of them) who are getting more than a little bored with some repetitive postings. These appear to be those of the daily diary type; "only seventeen days before ..", "so and so is visiting again", "today I scratched my head with my left hand instead of the usual right", "my uncle's best friend's next door neighbour has bought another dog" and so on lol!! However, it has to be said that the majority of these posts are not against the rules in any way. They are not rude, they are not offensive or derogatory and they don't include foul language. So to delete these posts would perhaps be unfair. However for those posting to argue if you don't like what I say, don't read it isn't really fair either because these posts tend to be in the middle of other, quite interesting posts. So I have the answer. This is totally serious and I hope no-one takes offence. A separate thread, purely for posting things of the daily diary type. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Daily Drivel. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=4660

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 17/11/2009 19:40  

No, you can't please all of the people all of the time Matt, but when you, as site owner have politely requested on the site for people to ease off the incessant fart/burp commentary, do you really need remarks in response like "if peeps dont like hearing it tuff luck, i dont give a flying f*ck to be honest," ?

Obviously, I've not seen the PMs you've received, but it doesn't seem like people, on this thread at least, are requesting that all shit-chat (nice term BTW! ) be banned from the forum, just that we are spared the constant updates on the downright mundane.

Now I'm off to the daily drivel thread... I should have it up to page 2 in a jiffy

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 19:52  

Oh I do apologise... I've just seen that this thread was started some hours after the "I don't give a flying f*ck" remark, so it was only addressed at other members, not you Matt.

Sorry Ian - I read the posts out of order and it looked like a pretty disrespectful thing to say in response to a site owner's request.

*hangs head in shame*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 19:56  

its ok i ignore your messages anyhow, too long lol. I only read 1-line replies and drivel

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/11/2009 20:01  

ROFL! I know!

I can't even drivel concisely

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 17/11/2009 20:03  

'I'm like the school teacher making the children learn a lesson in discussing and debating, ready for the real adult world lol. Nothing changes eh? lol'

* passes teacher an apple

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/11/2009 21:20  

I cant believe this has been brought up yet again...I appreciate it is hard to run a site..and there will always be people who dont like certain things..but this subject has been discussed in such length so many times that Im fed up of seeing it...

Well done Geoff for starting new thread to contain drivel...

I personally love banter..the more the merrier as it makes life more interesting..but I do read a lot of the more serious threads too..even though I might not always post on those...

Update Reply
bikerchick1966 @ 18/11/2009 01:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email