MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

covert bike camera in east yorks

covert bike camera in east yorks - Forums [Biker Match] covert bike camera in east yorks - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

covert bike camera in east yorks

the police are now useing a Suzuki hayabusa complete with cameras in the east yorkshire local bikers up in arms about it as you can not see the bike following you is a police bike they then pull you over and show the vidio footage to you and fines court ect follow so be carefull in our area and if you see a black bike with wite helmet following you cheack its not them first before you gun it

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 19:00  

good one Nealy

Update Reply
excalibur @ 16/11/2009 19:03  

I should be ok cos my bike's not 'real'

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 19:05  

its an opinion tc hahahaha ! hog city

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 19:07  

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 19:09  

Not a new thing unfortunately WN. For several years North Yorkshire had a Honda Blackbird with no outward signs of being a Police bike other than two small stickers, one on each side. Recently at a meet at Squires, a few of the North Yorkshire Police riders turned up and it would appear they now have a new unmarked toy; a 2009 Fireblade! Again, it is black with no obvious signs. I have always been of the opinion that if you get nicked by a Volvo sized fluorescent jam sandwich then you probably either weren't paying attention to the road or were simply travelling at a speed greater than your abilities allow. Either way you deserve to get nicked. However, unmarked vehicles have always annoyed me as I do feel it is simply unfair. Ok, maybe you could argue that if you're not breaking the law you have nothing to be concerned about. But do those using this point genuinely have the right to claim total innocence? Then a few years ago my reasoning around my annoyance was proved justified. Heading out of Castleford onto the M62 I was passed by an idiot in a Citroen Saxo going far too fast. Then a second later as I approached the traffic lights another "idiot" in a silver Volvo V40 passed me doing similar speeds. However, this idiot swerved across my nose into my lane and then slammed his brakes on as the lights changed to amber. I could have probably stopped, but being unfamiliar with a car that I had bought less than a week earlier I instead chose to swerve to avoid tail ending him and then with less time to stop before the lights I nailed it and went through as the lights changed to red and up the slip road onto the motorway. Of course if I had known that the silver V40 was a police car then I would have done my best to stop, taken his number and reported him. Instead I went through at red and got pulled by the very same V40. They were clearly chasing the Saxo but denied it and weighing up my chances in a your word against mine battle in court with two coppers I instead took my three points and sixty squid fine.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/11/2009 19:19  

That Busa has been about for a while, there's a R1 in the area also and I've seen the blade stalking Squires for a victim too. I saw the Busa pull someone near a work site of ours at Boynton, just west of Brid a few weeks back, and yes he's well crafty with the lack of markings. But if you are riding/driving like a prat, and someone is keeping pace with you, weather it's on two wheels or in four, your going to get caught eventually.

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 16/11/2009 19:29  

if you're in Yorshire/lincs area - watch Inside Out - Beeb1 now!!1 thing on about bikes & Cops (alongside tombstoning!) Update - they're showing this Busa...(nice bike! lol)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 16/11/2009 19:30  

its a dirty under handed technic i think all cameras have to be brightly painted so there visable why shpuldnt they be visable too the bikers on the tv were saying that the copper was pushing them allong too though he said he mearly followed them ! red tape every where nowdays it blumin daft

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 19:31  

thats it im gonna start stacking tyres round em like they do wi cameras lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 19:53  

They'll just start sticking the cams on trials bikes and climb over em, then wait in hedges for us to blast past!!

Update Reply
Paj1369 @ 16/11/2009 20:35  

dont speed - simples !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 20:42  

yeh get a boring old cruiser again lol no tah done that got the T shirt ill just take my own route

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 20:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email