MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

removing baffles.....anyone tried it ???

removing baffles.....anyone tried it ??? - Forums [Biker Match] removing baffles.....anyone tried it ??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

removing baffles.....anyone tried it ???

just wondered if anyone had tried to take the baffles out of cruiser type pipes, i know i can buy some straight through drag pipes for around 500 pound, but i have looked on line and the baffles just seem to be a glorified tube in the end of the pipe ????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 17:59  

If you are fitting Vance and Hines then DEFINITELY go for the quiet baffles and fit them. Without them the sound is just too raw and the baffles make just enough difference. Alter your FuelPak or equivalent accordingly though.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 18:03  

was thinking of taking them out of the stock pipes buddy ????????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 18:17  

Sorry, thought you were thinking of fitting the baffles in the straight through pipes you were looking at. *slams head in drawer*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 18:30  

the pipes look like v and h straight through, but with a silly baffle in, i want to remove them to let the 1600 v twin breathe ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 18:32  

Hi Ian my Harley had remus pipes - the baffles lol was nice sound too i do miss that noise

Update Reply
jabecs @ 16/11/2009 18:36  

What is it about 'cruisers' that make people want them loud enough to rattle windows. I thought cruisin was all about just that? Isn't the racket of an inefficient 30 litre twin enough?????

Most sound like someone farting in the bath anyway, leave the baffles in and step away from the bike Ian, IMO

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 16/11/2009 20:21  

ah Rusty Rusty Rusty..... It's because they strangle the bike to get through emission/noise regulations. Once you clear her throat (along with a few more tweaks) she will dance like she was meant to! The change in my bike was amazing...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 20:34  

p.s. talking about people farting in baths, what a shame Edward Woodward passed away today.. Rest in Peace, Equaliser!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/11/2009 20:35  

bump

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 20:43  

hehehe @ TC ian its probably got a masive cat convertor box under the bike so removing baffles wont make much diffrence mate i tried on my VN15 nowt changed then i read some one burnt holes in there pistons coz they didnt put a ignition box thingy on it erm power comander thats it ! so if ur gonna do it do it properly mate itll cost less in the long run !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 20:43  

TeeCee I literally laughed out loud re Edward Woodward and thank you for the education re: the strangled cruisers!!

Ian the baffles might be tack welded in situ before the two halves of the pipes are welded together and polished so removing them could be impossible anyway, sounds like you're spending 500 squidlets mate

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 16/11/2009 20:43  

nah....a few nicely drilled holes will do it !!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 20:46  

nope !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 16/11/2009 20:47  

yarp !!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 20:48  

Now you've sacked the Bird Ian, are you flogging your fleece?

Update Reply
Roachy @ 16/11/2009 22:20  

which fleece or do you mean my honda jacket...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2009 23:15  

Mess with exhausts at your peril mate,do it properly or not at all.you have to take into consideration changes in back pressure and the need to adjust your mixture as well.Easy enough I suppose with carburettors but a tad more difficult with injectors.You could end up by doing considerable damage. *talks from bitter experience*

Update Reply
pondlife @ 21/11/2009 18:31  

i told him pond dont think he believes though me but then what would i know ! lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 21/11/2009 18:36  

Sticking the carbon can on the CB did change the fueling quite noticeably before the Dynojet boys worked their magic with the PCIII. So I'd go with Pond on this one Ian. Mess with exhausts at your peril.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 21/11/2009 19:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email